Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Wealth Effect & Porsche GT Prices (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/978027-wealth-effect-and-porsche-gt-prices.html)

Nizer 03-01-2017 12:35 PM

Wealth Effect & Porsche GT Prices

Only thing to note here is that by the time the popular media gets a hold of a theme it's usually closer to the end than the beginning.....

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/02/28/what-do-buy-when-trump-wins-bentley.html

usctrojanGT3 03-01-2017 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nizer (Post 13995564)
Only thing to note here is that by the time the popular media gets a hold of a theme it's usually closer to the end than the beginning.....

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...s-bentley.html

Yup, we just hit the top. Same crap with gold when it hit with $1,900/ounce with all the commercials to buy gold.

mass27 03-01-2017 03:39 PM

+1

I was looking at old threads where people were upset that the Carrera GT prices were asking $330K.

PAG nailed the GT3 vis a vis the global economy.

usctrojanGT3 03-01-2017 03:42 PM

I just hope there aren't morons who read those articles and think these 991 GT cars will become the next collector items or buy them at a premium only to attempt to flip them at a higher premium.

We need an article that says...."10% depreciation as soon as you drive off the lot on all GT cars" haha

mass27 03-01-2017 03:49 PM

You can always count on an abundance of morons. Being wealthy doesn't seem to prevent that either.

usctrojanGT3 03-01-2017 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by mass27 (Post 13996124)
You can always count on an abundance of morons. Being wealthy doesn't seem to prevent that either.

Yup, having money has never guaranteed that you can't be a moron. I know it won't happen but I'd be nice if they left the GT3 to people who actually intended on owning and driving the car.

Bloose993TT 03-01-2017 03:54 PM

Fake News ;)

mass27 03-01-2017 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 (Post 13996135)
Yup, having money has never guaranteed that you can't be a moron. I know it won't happen but I'd be nice if they left the GT3 to people who actually intended on owning and driving the car.

I've had day dreams where certain car manufacturers had a process where they chose who could buy their car and who couldn't. Similar to an entrance exam. Then again, I probably would fail as I want a GT3 mostly to spend 14 hours waxing it, then stare at it while drinking a Mac18. Hardly the market segment PAG wants.

I probably should be focusing on arbitrage rather than day dreaming about stuff...

usctrojanGT3 03-01-2017 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by mass27 (Post 13996153)
I've had day dreams where certain car manufacturers had a process where they chose who could buy their car and who couldn't. Similar to an entrance exam. Then again, I probably would fail as I want a GT3 mostly to spend 14 hours waxing it, then stare at it while drinking a Mac18. Hardly the market segment PAG wants.

I probably should be focusing on arbitrage rather than day dreaming about stuff...

Don't foul yourself, you'd be driving the car and enjoying every single mile. :cheers:

mass27 03-01-2017 04:07 PM

True!

Archimedes 03-01-2017 04:57 PM

Let's all give thanks to Central Banks around the world for giving us this latest asset bubble. Now that they're out of bullets, we're left with massive uncertainty rather than just plain old assessable risk.

grendel88 03-01-2017 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Archimedes (Post 13996302)
Let's all give thanks to Central Banks around the world for giving us this latest asset bubble. Now that they're out of bullets, we're left with massive uncertainty rather than just plain old assessable risk.

Marketing creates demand for products we don't need but want and everyone needs more money to buy the products so we work harder at creating more demand with either more marketing or cheaper products: The viscous cycle of the consumer economy on a global scale.

Archimedes 03-01-2017 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by grendel88 (Post 13996663)
Marketing creates demand for products we don't need but want and everyone needs more money to buy the products so we work harder at creating more demand with either more marketing or cheaper products: The viscous cycle of the consumer economy on a global scale.

But this bubble has absolutely nothing to do with any of that and everything to do with Central Banks injecting capital in the system and keeping interest rates artificially low. There is little to nothing in the way of fundamentals driving this asset bubble. It's solely a function of cheap money. There's a huge global game of musical chairs going on and the only question is when is the music going to stop and how abrupt will it be.

TRAKCAR 03-01-2017 08:24 PM

Dow 21,000

$1000 is the new $100.

grendel88 03-01-2017 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Archimedes (Post 13996768)
But this bubble has absolutely nothing to do with any of that and everything to do with Central Banks injecting capital in the system and keeping interest rates artificially low. There is little to nothing in the way of fundamentals driving this asset bubble. It's solely a function of cheap money. There's a huge global game of musical chairs going on and the only question is when is the music going to stop and how abrupt will it be.

Bubbles and busts are part of the cycle, they are just faster now because we have to keep coming up with ways to run the machine of the consumer economy. Cheap money is a product of trying to keep demand up even when it is going down. I mean this is a very general way of looking at it, but it is the core of what is happening in the global economy. Really, do I need 5 cars? No, but I want them. In the end, this bubble will pop, and another will take its place, and on it will go unless the Marxists are right LOL.