Beater for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 11:20 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i don't answer questions. i only provide wire info
I may just get this as a tattoo some day.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:27 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Day in the life of mooty... awesome!! LOL
Old 02-26-2017, 11:27 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Keep Mango. There's nothing better out there to replace with. Wash her up and rekindle the love affair
Old 02-26-2017, 11:28 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

enjoy ur cars, kids and family.
too many value threads bore me.
mango isn't going anywhere !!!
Old 02-26-2017, 11:28 PM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

What a day….

Started with two pieces of toast and cheap coffee. Dropped kids to Chinese school. Got home hop on tarmac to enjoy the sun (finally no rain).

Those of u in SF peninsula probably know the 3 mile old la honda ref climb. Cat 1 racers are around 16-17 min. mortals are 25min and >30min, you should start taking performance enhancing drugs!!! Did a 25 today though have done 23 chasing younger pretty girl cyclists up the climb. At my old age, I need motivation.

gone so fast that i found holes on my bib

Ride was NICE. Sunny is the operative word.

Then almost forgot to pick up kids from Chinese school. Hope on dually and off I went. It weaves through traffic well and like on track, I used all the pavement including the sidewalk.

Fed the kids chipotle and had to have an argument with the server why they ran out of barbacoa when they literally just opened up …. If any RL’ster is in chipotle mgmt., we need to talk.

Dropped off daughter off ballet and try very hard to not fall asleep watching something I totally do not understand…. But she does very well at bending her self into strange shapes and wins trophies so i endure….

Then grab her, and drop son off t-ball. Yes, I understand this sport. But it’s a painful comedy to watch the kids “trying” to play ball. Hit the BALL not the T, don’t stare at ME, go get the ball and tag the kid who is running…. Oh well. He aint gonna be the next CJ Wilson for sure… there goes my retirement plan. THUS MANGO for sale. All so crystlal clear now.

We all got home 4:00pm. Wife not back yet. Ok, you kids start home work, daddy need to go do stuff. Off I went with mango up kings mt then west bound on skyline to 92. The car is AMAZING…. Those who can’t get over PDKS needs HELP. This is simply insane, not speed, but the turn in, the way it follows turns…. I need a cigarette now….

Now this is cycling country and I still have my sweaty cycling jersey on (I did say the RS is a beater), so I need to behave on street. But 2nd gear WOT is so fun, just stay within 10 mph of limilt, when I come to riders, I come to almost stop, they look around give me thumbs up. Maybe it’s the jersey I had on. But we all share the road.

60 miles got home, kids miraculously did homework without assistance. Years of beating and tough love worked. Wife still at work. I “instructed” the kids to vacuum the floors and the wipe the floor. House floor is polished concrete, tis’ like a dust bunny zoo. While they worked, I thought time to earn brownie points. Let’s do laundry. Shoved EVERYTHING into the washer, including the HAMPER. Daughter said, you don’t wash the hamper. OK, really…. Let me take that out…. Lots of bottles, cans, jugs in laundry room. Well whatever, just pick one. It’s red but I was certain ti’s not siracha, so that’s good enough. Sorting, daughter asked… I thought I heard “snorting”… I am thinking you are way too young to snort anything …. What are u talking about. Then dawn on me: SORTING… ok, I will do that soon. Brushed her out and turn the damn machine on. Then later 80 min in hi heat dryer.

Wife back around 630. Commanded my supreme leadership and house chore skills, even let me drive my porsche to dinner. (THAT’S NOW. Tmo I will hear an earful if any of her clothes shrunk, last time it happened, I told her she got fat….. THAT DID NOT go over well at all.)

Anyways, dinner in an smelly antique…

pigs blood cake. no i'm not making it up

fried tofu

grass jelly (name lost in translation nothing to do with grass)

overall a great day so perhaps I should just keep the beat up mango
LMAO.

...and you even had time to chronicle the day with pictures and everything, or was this one of the assignments you gave the kids?
Old 02-26-2017, 11:30 PM
kchow510
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

LOLL funny read
Old 02-26-2017, 11:30 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
How many miles on this beater Mooty? I have a friend looking for RS and just sent him your Chevron picture. Any more interesting pics?
Ssssssh. You're gonna drive the price up.

Spyerx said it best, and even established a percentile-based formula:
Originally Posted by Spyerx
-- buy sight unseen with no questions, wire writhing 48 hours: 100k
-- ask for pictures or more than 2 emails, or talk on phone: 105k
-- ask for records, under car pics, or more than one phone call: 110k
-- want to do a PPI, need to ask wife, and have to get financing: 120k
Old 02-26-2017, 11:33 PM
STG
Race Director

too many value threads bore me.
I thought the GT's had a better return than the stock market and can fund retirement?
Old 02-26-2017, 11:42 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Easy on the Chipotle comments, I bought their shares at sub-400 and hopefully they're on the comeback. I need the funds for my wedding

You're fortunate that your wife enjoys the smelly classic, mine doesn't thus why I'm selling. Luckily, she was out of town for the weekend and I put some miles on the 964.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:47 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

wife hates smelly car
i told her it's old And only 5000$
so she let it go. bc the ones that doesn smell is 250000

young jedi u have much to learn

come to my cave with arsicult ham and cheese criloissant and mocha with whipped cream (must have whipped creek) from
borrone cafe in menlo park, i shall enlighten u
Old 02-26-2017, 11:50 PM
STG
Race Director

Chipotle has a lot of work to do. They are having a hard time bouncing back from the outbreaks of norovirus, salmonella and E. coli. The customers have left them and even the free food isn't helping.

Bigger picture, a lot of them are badly managed. Not clean, service blah, and can't even keep up the few meats they have without running out. Inconsistent food quality and chips are always a gamble. Too greasy, too under fried, too salty, whatever.

I think their best days may be behind them. There is a slowdown in the restaurant industry as is, which won't help them either. A bounce back will take a long time. There's a lot of competition out there these days. Oversaturated industry right now.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:57 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Chipotle has a lot of work to do. They are having a hard time bouncing back from the outbreaks of norovirus, salmonella and E. coli. The customers have left them and even the free food isn't helping.

Bigger picture, a lot of them are badly managed. Not clean, service blah, and can't even keep up the few meats they have without running out. Inconsistent food quality and chips are always a gamble. Too greasy, too under fried, too salty, whatever.

I think their best days may be behind them. There is a slowdown in the restaurant industry as is, which won't help them either.
With how fresh their food is, they're somewhat susceptible to food outbreaks due to cross-contamination compared to other fast food restaurants. Taco-bell had some food outbreaks too and it took them roughly 18 months to bounce back. I'm optimistic that there are some gains to be had from Chipotle in 2017, fingers crossed.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:10 AM
STG
Race Director

Aren't all restaurants cooking up "fresh" food? Chipotle has the simplest menu, easiest operation, and a handful of options on the line. Not hard to run. Almost dummy proof. They just didn't have good food food safety procedures in place.

Taco Bell customers probably forget more easily than Chipotle. They got beat up in the media. I didn't even hear about Taco Bell. The biggest thing going against them is the slow down in the industry. We'll see.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:12 AM
doborder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that stinky tofu... I need some tofu of strong Oder now... pigs blood cake... it's like my childhood all over again
Old 02-27-2017, 12:14 AM
AgentSpeed
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STG

I think their best days may be behind them. There is a slowdown in the restaurant industry as is, which won't help them either. A bounce back will take a long time. There's a lot of competition out there these days. Oversaturated industry right now.

Had them for lunch yesterday. Got the grilled chicken for protein but remember eyeing the barbecoa and pork thinking it just looked nasty steeping in juices (even tho I have had before and enjoyed). Fast forward a few hours and my stomach is totally nauseous and I have flu symptoms. Up half the night stomach turning. Gnarly farts all today but flu like symptoms subsided mid day. This doesn't seem like flu to me and can't help but think it's the food. Second time this has happened to me after Chipotle BTW.

Quick Reply: Beater for sale