Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS Wrecked while at Speed Shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 09:49 PM
Ccapx
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Stout, I'm so pissed I can't see straight, but I've also found in times like these that doesn't help. Just guarding against getting screwed.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:49 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
You are marking yourself out as a remarkably cool (and charitable) customer. Hope all is done right by you...you've certainly conducted yourself in an admirable way. Very sorry for the hassle and heartache!
He is. And these are his first posts here... I hope you (he) stick(s) around to contribute on the regular.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:02 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
You are marking yourself out as a remarkably cool (and charitable) customer. Hope all is done right by you...you've certainly conducted yourself in an admirable way. Very sorry for the hassle and heartache!

Originally Posted by Ccapx
Stout, I'm so pissed I can't see straight, but I've also found in times like these that doesn't help. Just guarding against getting screwed.

Even if you are made whole, what a huge hassle...
Old 02-27-2017, 11:59 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,266 Likes on 590 Posts

So you are human, then. You probably wouldn't be if you weren't pissed, which only makes the road you're taking all the more admirable.

I hope you find satisfaction in this journey, somehow. I try to approach conflicts with a long view and a (long shot) hope that the relationship can actually come out stronger as a result of the conflict. Of course, one can only hope that the other party does, too.

Originally Posted by tonymission
He is. And these are his first posts here... I hope you (he) stick(s) around to contribute on the regular.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Watching this thread, I thought what a cool potential RLer. Thing is, he'll probably have to change his handle or never reveal his location if he doesn't want to out the shop.

Or, the shop can step up.

I like that latter scenario, as Ccapx is a welcome addition to RL.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:05 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by 991RACER
They should buy this one for you. Looks exactly like it. I mean exactly, that's until... What a coincidence, there last Wednesday. "On deck for tomorrow", then ...

Looks like someone may have cracked the case in more than one way.

Bob Hindson Racing

Aaron Holstrom

Last edited by STG; 03-05-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:30 AM
chio4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HOLY ****!! BHR did this to a car? They serviced my Dads Brabus MB and his Porsches back in the days!!!
Old 02-28-2017, 07:26 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,205 Likes on 2,716 Posts

Cat is out of the bag now. That's gotta be the shop. Walls look the same with the cable raceways.

I can understand a shop testing the equipment. I can even understand them pushing the car a little. A little.

What I can't wrap my head around is turning off TC and dumping the clutch on a narrow road with a passenger in the car. That's just simple joyriding.

Recently, a tow truck driver in Texas responsible for transporting a GTR in need of servicing, took the car on a joyride with his friends and the whole thing was recorded on dashcam. They were charged with felony unauthorized use of a vehicle and the passenger with criminal trespass.

And now I'm shopping for dashcams...

Last edited by rk-d; 02-28-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:19 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

^Owner needs to pay up and make amends... No $$ my ****..

Ccapx is a fricken champ... deserves to be made whole again.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:36 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Wow, 991RACER joins Rennlist a couple weeks ago, and on his second posts cracks t h e BIG case. The power of Rennlist. This does not surprise me, because I knew someone had to recognize the walls and floor in that shop picture with the OP's damaged car.

I hope this does not hurt Ccapx's leverage over Bob Hindson Racing. BHR needs to do the right thing, and without delay. Leavenworth is only about 35 minutes away. Just saying.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:01 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Wow, 991RACER joins Rennlist a couple weeks ago, and on his second posts cracks t h e BIG case. The power of Rennlist. This does not surprise me, because I knew someone had to recognize the walls and floor in that shop picture with the OP's damaged car.

I hope this does not hurt Ccapx's leverage over Bob Hindson Racing. BHR needs to do the right thing, and without delay. Leavenworth is only about 35 minutes away. Just saying.
YES. The power of Rennlist. Well done.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:10 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan

991RACER joined yesterday and posted the shop pics from FB. While I have zero problem with this, there is clearly an intent with this action.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:27 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Cat is out of the bag now. That's gotta be the shop. Walls look the same with the cable raceways.

I can understand a shop testing the equipment. I can even understand them pushing the car a little. A little.

What I can't wrap my head around is turning off TC and dumping the clutch on a narrow road with a passenger in the car. That's just simple joyriding.

Recently, a tow truck driver in Texas responsible for transporting a GTR in need of servicing, took the car on a joyride with his friends and the whole thing was recorded on dashcam. They were charged with felony unauthorized use of a vehicle and the passenger with criminal trespass.

And now I'm shopping for dashcams...
The first thing I would of done when I saw my car after calming down would of been to dial 911. I would of told the dispatcher that it looks like my car was stolen and I am at "X" shop. Then I would let the Police do their work. What they did was pure "criminal".

Have you even asked the Owner how he sees this playing out because you do not want the car and want to be kept whole on the whole deal. May be they might of ran it in to another wall to ensure that- no pun intended
Old 02-28-2017, 10:39 AM
Ccapx
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Yes people clearly figured it out. At this point, it is now fairly well known around KC (where I am located) because I'm having to call and get estimates and talk to people about the car. I am still holding out the shop does the right thing (not even sure what that is anymore). At this point the leverage seems irrelevant, they can't pay out of pocket, it's in insurance's hands and both companies are likely to be involved. Chio4, yes they are one of the well respected Porsche shops in KC and were recommended to me by Fabspeed to do the work. They also did my exhaust and tune on my 2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder (you'll see that on the facebook page as well) so I threw them A TON of work. This is clearly one of those cases were the temptation to do something stupid was too great. If I can't buy it, I won't even think about breaking it. Anyway from here, I am hoping to keep everyone updated on damage costs, replacement values, how the fight goes, if nothing else everyone here has been awesome so if I can provide a road map for any of the pieces happy to do it. Also will put together something more detailed. I own a business as well and so I know how hard it is to make it go and how one incredibly stupid decision can end that business. I am pushing to be in the same position I was in last Wednesday, nothing more and not get screwed. In my business we call this "tail" risk and we do everything we can to avoid it. Whole thing sucks.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:46 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Yes people clearly figured it out. At this point, it is now fairly well known around KC (where I am located) because I'm having to call and get estimates and talk to people about the car. I am still holding out the shop does the right thing (not even sure what that is anymore). At this point the leverage seems irrelevant, they can't pay out of pocket, it's in insurance's hands and both companies are likely to be involved. Chio4, yes they are one of the well respected Porsche shops in KC and were recommended to me by Fabspeed to do the work. They also did my exhaust and tune on my 2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder (you'll see that on the facebook page as well) so I threw them A TON of work. This is clearly one of those cases were the temptation to do something stupid was too great. If I can't buy it, I won't even think about breaking it. Anyway from here, I am hoping to keep everyone updated on damage costs, replacement values, how the fight goes, if nothing else everyone here has been awesome so if I can provide a road map for any of the pieces happy to do it. Also will put together something more detailed. I own a business as well and so I know how hard it is to make it go and how one incredibly stupid decision can end what business. I am pushing to be in the same position I was in last Wednesday, nothing more and not get screwed. In my business we call this "tail" risk and we do everything we can to avoid it. Whole thing sucks.
You are a true gentleman.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:02 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

This could happen to almost any of us, make me quesy looking at the pics. Good luck to the OP, I try to look for the tiniest of upside in these situations...a chance to get an RS in another color if you so choose.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS Wrecked while at Speed Shop