Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hallelujah! My Brewster 911R is finally here...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 06:18 PM
Jono809
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Love the car & build, especially the contrasting frunk, as you say - definitely gives it that hot rod vibe which is really cool to see on a modern 911 and even cooler that it's done by the factory. The silver lip on the wheels is a great contrasting touch too, excellent work!
Old 02-25-2017, 06:20 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Outstanding!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2017, 07:28 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

We tend to overindulge into the pure obsequious on this forum, but this time the compliments are really due. This is a fantastically executed spec, i find it inspirational in that small details of it can be copied at lower MSRP's. This should be porsche poster car for what can be achieved with CXX. Well done man, all of it is just so right.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:41 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,202 Likes on 2,715 Posts

I do find it amusing that this monster build has Bose.

Even if you don't listen to the stereo, Burmester saves you 15lbs!

Maybe next time.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:17 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
I do find it amusing that this monster build has Bose.

Even if you don't listen to the stereo, Burmester saves you 15lbs!

Maybe next time.
I tried, but for whatever reason, Burmeister is not allowed on the R even though I argued the same point. Oh well...
Old 02-25-2017, 10:10 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,202 Likes on 2,715 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
I tried, but for whatever reason, Burmeister is not allowed on the R even though I argued the same point. Oh well...
That is insane. This is the most customized R I've seen yet and they wouldn't let you have Burmester?? Porsche is so weird.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:52 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Porsche lives my its own rules. Crazy rules that somehow we accept.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:21 AM
Asco
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 25 Posts

Amazing build and hopefully everyone who wants to customize their Porsche with CXX would have the chance in the near future. Enjoy in good health!
Old 02-26-2017, 01:08 AM
hushypushy
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
Whats The Big Deal? Let The Man Have His Custom Illumited Carbon Door Sills However He Wants Them.
Okay, I laughed

Originally Posted by unotaz
Wow. Weird!

Echoing everyone else, this is a beautifully spec'd car; clearly very well thought out and unique

But...is there anything else that Porsche wouldn't let you spec?
Old 02-26-2017, 02:05 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by hushypushy

Wow. Weird!

Echoing everyone else, this is a beautifully spec'd car; clearly very well thought out and unique

But...is there anything else that Porsche wouldn't let you spec?
LOL, lots in fact! Porsche won't do matte paint because they claimed that they haven't found the right paint process to produce matte paint consistently. Porsche won't do any diamond stitching on the seats or headliner because Audi does it on their cars. Porsche said no to doing houndstooth fabric on my door panels because on the 991, the panel gap tolerance is much smaller compared to the 997 (eg. 997 Sport Classic Coupe).

These are just a few off of the top of my head
Old 02-26-2017, 03:48 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would guess that the acoustics on the R, with all the sound deadening removed, do not let the Burmestr work as well as it should.
It may be Burmester that veto it?

For example, on the 918 Weissach pack, if you added back the deleted Burmester, there was some sound deadening (inc door pockets I think), which was automatically added back as well.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:00 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
I would guess that the acoustics on the R, with all the sound deadening removed, do not let the Burmestr work as well as it should.
It may be Burmester that veto it?

For example, on the 918 Weissach pack, if you added back the deleted Burmester, there was some sound deadening (inc door pockets I think), which was automatically added back as well.
Interesting but makes sense. Burmeister wants to protect their brand I guess.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:47 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by RickIrons
I meant to say that the correct way to spell it is "Ein schneller Käfer".
Not to beat this to death, but IMHO door kickplate text can be considered a "Title" rather than a "Description" and as such can and should be Capitalized, and it certainly looks far better to me with matching capital letters.

In any event a gorgeous, unique and well thought out luxurious interior and a great strategic move - lets the dealer make additional profit on a scarce allocation and lets the owner get something in return rather than just adding a worthless "Market Adjustment" to the MSRP. The additional unique design features and costs will be easily recoverable on resale.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:17 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
Not to beat this to death, but IMHO door kickplate text can be considered a "Title" rather than a "Description" and as such can and should be Capitalized, and it certainly looks far better to me with matching capital letters.

In any event a gorgeous, unique and well thought out luxurious interior and a great strategic move - lets the dealer make additional profit on a scarce allocation and lets the owner get something in return rather than just adding a worthless "Market Adjustment" to the MSRP. The additional unique design features and costs will be easily recoverable on resale.
+1 Exactly what I tried to post yesterday until my fat finger deleted everything on my iPad. Like a feature film or best selling book title, the script belongs in initial caps, worthy of the epic car and build. And yes, it would *look* wrong in lower case.

As the owner of a 50th Anniversary 911 I hope to find the key fob you're sporting in pepita/houndstooth.

Thanks for posting -- there's not too much I would have done differently. Some of the choices are quite subtle but together looks fantastic.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:13 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Absolutely the most beautiful 911 I have ever seen, R to boot. Congrats and thank you for sharing. Love the Brewster!! And most definitely agree with you and others about the capitalized sill plate. Cheers.

Quick Reply: Hallelujah! My Brewster 911R is finally here...