Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hallelujah! My Brewster 911R is finally here...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 01:57 AM
Yellowbyrd
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even James Bond would be tempted to trade in his Aston Martin for this car.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:15 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Very, very cool build in one of my all-time favorite colors.

As for the sills, love 'em. Most of those custom sills are cheeseball. Not these. The "warning" is genius, and German text is far cooler than English would have been. And the text is just right as is—I see it as "headline treatment," so one can absolutely justify the capital S.

Far more interesting to me will be watching this car out in the wild, when you can't see those sills.
Thank you! Please keep up the good work with your 000 magazine! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it during my down times. It's very therapeutic (along with a good cigar)
Old 02-25-2017, 03:18 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Originally Posted by mgerber
Beautiful car and great build. Should I look for your 993 GT2 on the streets in Taipei? I am there every 6 - 8 weeks and have not seen it yet...
LOL. You are there more often than I am! I typically stop by my condo in Taipei every 2-3 months for 7-10 days, before heading off to China and other surrounding countries for business. There is a little canyon highway called route 106, that is about 30mins away from Taipei and that's where I go all the time with my GT2.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:26 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Originally Posted by DannieK
I have to tell you unotaz that the specs for your R have to be one of the most beautiful and most creative I've ever seen for any model.

More importantly I want you to know that by including your sticker will help me, and probably others, tremendously just by seeing what is possible. I've already sent a link to your post to my SA emphasizing the amount of thought that can go into one of these cars by both the owner and Porsche.

Thanks again very much again for your post and "try not to smile" when you're behind the wheel. Bet ya' can't do it!
I'm glad by sharing my window sticker and the details of my CXX, it has helped you and the others on RL. Building a custom Porsche with Exclusive is very rewarding, although sometimes frustrating. In a world where everything is mass produced (including our food), individuality is a much needed luxury that we should reward ourselves every now and then!

It's 11:23pm and I just got home about 20mins ago. I got out of my Panamera and went straight to sit in my R. Too tired to drive, but I fired it up and listened the engine roar from the cold start. It's definitely louder than the RS and I just can't stop grinning.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:55 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Thank you! Please keep up the good work with your 000 magazine! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it during my down times. It's very therapeutic (along with a good cigar)
You are most welcome! Saw your kind words in the other thread, along with those of others, and will respond at some point. I wish I could say we're all on a tropical island, but I'm afraid midnight oil is more like it...but this is a fun deal.

Hope to meet you, and that 911R, down the road...
Old 02-25-2017, 05:41 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Unotaz, beautiful car.
The CXX option cost is nutty but came out very special.

One part confuses me, why the black frunk?
Old 02-25-2017, 09:05 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,211 Likes on 2,717 Posts

That interior is incredible. One of the very few examples of deviated leather to sample with inlays that I've seen that was successfully done. You clearly spent a lot of time on this. It was hard enough for me to pick the color of deviated stitching on my Turbo, I can't imagine the headache of making sure all these pieces coordinated and made sense together.

Congrats!
Old 02-25-2017, 09:45 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

Wow incredible build man..
Old 02-25-2017, 12:07 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Unotaz has just created a new profession- car interior designer.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:16 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

Super cool car.
Except that I'd send it back. The illumination on your sill is definitely not Brewster green as stated.
Seriously though, enjoy it.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:38 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure its been said but I'm green with envy! Lovely build.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:12 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Unotaz, beautiful car.
The CXX option cost is nutty but came out very special.

One part confuses me, why the black frunk?
Good question. A few reasons. First, Brewster Green is a beautiful color with huge color variance, depending on the lighting conditions (see attached pictures, all Brewster Green but taken under different light conditions). Under the sun, it's very obvious that it's a green color, but at nighttime or without direct sunlight, it looks very blackish. Second, I also wanted to create a modern day 911 hot rod, so I wanted to have some contrast among the different colors.

Combining the two reasons together, I felt having a black hood fit blended well with the Brewster Green and the Rhodium Silver accent. At night time, most people thinks its just a regular black 911 with silver stripes. During the daytime with direct sunlight, the contrast between the black hood and the Brewster Green is very obvious, but not over the top (at least to me, might not be to everyone's taste).
Attached Images    
Old 02-25-2017, 01:15 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Originally Posted by mb1
Super cool car.
Except that I'd send it back. The illumination on your sill is definitely not Brewster green as stated.
Seriously though, enjoy it.
Thanks! You're right, I think it's more Irish Green than Brewster, LOL! Need a refund from Porsche Exclusive!
Old 02-25-2017, 01:39 PM
Musthaveit
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has to be the finest entirior on any 911R! When Porsche had the 911 anniversary edition a few years ago at Pebble Beach, it had the hounds tooth seats and I fell in love. This is a whole level above that!!! Awesome job on all your selections!! Amazing and super green with envy for sure!!!
Old 02-25-2017, 03:47 PM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
LOL. You are there more often than I am! I typically stop by my condo in Taipei every 2-3 months for 7-10 days, before heading off to China and other surrounding countries for business. There is a little canyon highway called route 106, that is about 30mins away from Taipei and that's where I go all the time with my GT2.
106 to Pingxi and Shifen? We did a lot of biz in a former life with the Acer/Wistron guys in Xizhi, and I know we would head out on that road to get to a couple of country style restaurants that they guys frequented. Thats an awesome road (when it is quiet in the mornings on the weekend)! Great stable of rides you have...

Quick Reply: Hallelujah! My Brewster 911R is finally here...