Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

How big was that curb?!?
Old 02-15-2017, 02:48 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Instructor....DEFINITELY an A&&HOLE! deserves a broken bone IMO.

However, what kind of hipster DOUCHEBAG drives a super car with ONE HAND!!!!! One that ISN'T a man! Someone needs to take his man card and *****. I'd like to bitch slap that idiot.

Ok... I'm done.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:01 AM
RickIrons
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The diver saw it coming and just tried to protect his right leg with his hand.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:30 AM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

It is "nice" one hand one or two finger technique Probably from driving SUV.
Instructor ...
Old 02-15-2017, 04:39 AM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 46 Posts

As I watch these two driving experts, I hear the theme song to Benny Hill.. lol.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:16 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
FLORIDA
Hey! I always have 2 hands on the wheel!
Old 02-15-2017, 08:52 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I drive 90% of the time one handed as I'm so slow I'm always pointing people by...
Old 02-15-2017, 10:49 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

For those who haven't realized it, this happened in a parking lot....
Old 02-15-2017, 10:51 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
For those who haven't realized it, this happened in a parking lot....
Exactly.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow how cool and it only cost him 99 dollars. Now that is a great afternoon experience. Drive a nice car, cause 100,000 damage and all for 99 dollars.
What a great country we live in. Might go to Florida this year for a vacation.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:32 AM
Oldskewl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love how the driver is in the hunched, leaned-over "Trolling for Ladies" position while driving around a parking lot. And all the instructor can do is tell him to punch it when it clearly wasn't even ready for half the power a Fax machine can muster.

"Oh sorry dude, it's way faster than my Kia."

Yuk,yuk.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:05 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

Was this really a parking lot? Impossible to tell from the video.

FWIW - these ride & drive events are NOT HPDE's!! These are people paying to have a bucket list experience. They might receive 20 min of classroom. They are generally required to buy a minimum insurance policy (scaled to the value of what they choose to drive) which will likely double or triple their event cost (but in no way represent "true" insurance cost).

In my experience as an instructor at this type of event that travels from track to track, bringing exotic cars with them - we were told to find out what the client wants to achieve. If they want instruction: fine, show them the line, explain proper inputs, where to look, etc. But most people just want to drive the car and our job was to keep them and the car safe, to make it fun and exciting. All in roughly 5 min (+/-). Maybe these experiences vary greatly but the one I used to instruct was definitely NOT HPDE. In fact we were instructed NOT to take the wheel unless imminent disaster was in store. Just get them around the track safely - have fun - and then they hop out and the next one jumps in (repeat x 500). Most people were respectful and drove WAY slower than you'd think - but there was that small percent of idiots that made it very dangerous which I why I don't do it any more.

If you want high performance driving instruction, you either go to a race school, or an HPDE. Ride and drive is a "thrill" ride akin to a roller coaster, only you pay to be behind the wheel, and mistakes can be fatal and/or very expensive depending on the situation (as seen in the Las Vegas crash).

This driver, and the right seat passenger, were lucky. I say: "right seat passenger" because I would not insult fellow instructors by calling THAT GUY an instructor.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:12 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

It's a parking lot. They do these types of exotic events for low cost because it's in a parking lot. It's total garbage, but for people who are clueless about cars and performance driving it is fun for them
Old 02-15-2017, 04:06 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Was this really a parking lot? Impossible to tell from the video.

FWIW - these ride & drive events are NOT HPDE's!! These are people paying to have a bucket list experience. They might receive 20 min of classroom. They are generally required to buy a minimum insurance policy (scaled to the value of what they choose to drive) which will likely double or triple their event cost (but in no way represent "true" insurance cost).

In my experience as an instructor at this type of event that travels from track to track, bringing exotic cars with them - we were told to find out what the client wants to achieve. If they want instruction: fine, show them the line, explain proper inputs, where to look, etc. But most people just want to drive the car and our job was to keep them and the car safe, to make it fun and exciting. All in roughly 5 min (+/-). Maybe these experiences vary greatly but the one I used to instruct was definitely NOT HPDE. In fact we were instructed NOT to take the wheel unless imminent disaster was in store. Just get them around the track safely - have fun - and then they hop out and the next one jumps in (repeat x 500). Most people were respectful and drove WAY slower than you'd think - but there was that small percent of idiots that made it very dangerous which I why I don't do it any more.

If you want high performance driving instruction, you either go to a race school, or an HPDE. Ride and drive is a "thrill" ride akin to a roller coaster, only you pay to be behind the wheel, and mistakes can be fatal and/or very expensive depending on the situation (as seen in the Las Vegas crash).

This driver, and the right seat passenger, were lucky. I say: "right seat passenger" because I would not insult fellow instructors by calling THAT GUY an instructor.
Thanks for the write up. Had no idea such events occurred. But I suppose it makes sense.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:23 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Thanks for the write up. Had no idea such events occurred. But I suppose it makes sense.
Same. Had no idea this was a thing. I guess more in destination locations (Vegas?) where you have a lot of people coming in from out of town ... ? No idea.

Quick Reply: DE fail,instructor fail,driving on track with one hand,CRASH video