Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy Care Extended Warranty price

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 08:46 PM
jujak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far easycare total care is the only warranty I have seen take care of repairs without much issues. This is from other members who have posted with their experiences.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:50 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by jujak
So far easycare total care is the only warranty I have seen take care of repairs without much issues. This is from other members who have posted with their experiences.
What if the tab was $40k? Do we have any examples of them paying out that kind of money?
Old 02-23-2018, 02:38 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Hey guys, I am in the process of trying to get some quotes. A bit conflicted that the engine is out of the mix, but yet I will probably pay full price anyway. BTW, are these warranties for 6 years/60,000 miles from today onward, or do they start with the in-service date? From comments it appears to be from the day you get it.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:28 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I'll be forced to revisit this thread come Sept 2019 if Porsche won't give me an allocation.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:57 PM
mrhamamg
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Hey guys, I am in the process of trying to get some quotes. A bit conflicted that the engine is out of the mix, but yet I will probably pay full price anyway. BTW, are these warranties for 6 years/60,000 miles from today onward, or do they start with the in-service date? From comments it appears to be from the day you get it.
curious about this as well
Old 02-23-2018, 08:36 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Warranty starts from the time u get it. It is less expensive the earlier in the factory warranty u get it. For example, I got my 6 yr/60 k warranty when my car was 1 year old, so I got an extra 3 years of warranty. If u pick Total Care, u get wheel and tire coverage from the beginning, which I used already (nails in tires)
Old 02-23-2018, 08:42 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by OCturbo
Warranty starts from the time u get it. It is less expensive the earlier in the factory warranty u get it. For example, I got my 6 yr/60 k warranty when my car was 1 year old, so I got an extra 3 years of warranty. If u pick Total Care, u get wheel and tire coverage from the beginning, which I used already (nails in tires)
Thanks OC.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:48 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

I don’t see why you guys buy these warranties as they don’t pay out for major claims which is the main purpose of a warranty.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:00 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Tried to read the whole thread, may have missed a few points and posts. And I may just be a noob, but trying to understand what you guys are trying to cover by buying a warranty on a 2015 GT3. Outside of a critical engine failure, which is covered for ages, I do not see anything that is worth paying 6-7k up front. Please enlighten me.

Another point, are there any 997 gt3 owners that wished they purchased warranty on their cars looking back?

Old 02-23-2018, 10:40 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by gago1101
Tried to read the whole thread, may have missed a few points and posts. And I may just be a noob, but trying to understand what you guys are trying to cover by buying a warranty on a 2015 GT3. Outside of a critical engine failure, which is covered for ages, I do not see anything that is worth paying 6-7k up front. Please enlighten me. Another point, are there any 997 gt3 owners that wished they purchased warranty on their cars looking back?
The engine is covered, which leaves the PDK and quite a few expensive parts. The issue has really been that Porsche doesn’t service the PDK, but only replaces them for around $20k. But i am reading that Porsche is now servicing them, which sounds a lot better. I would not pay $7k for a warranty (with the chance of a big repair not being covered) if the PDK can be serviced. I wouldn’t pay $7k regardless. For $3-4k i would listen.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:49 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

Generally I have found with Easy Care after covering a certain amount of claims on our high cost of repair cars they push back when the claims throw them
In a loss position relative to premium paid. You really have to push hard above their first contact customer service to have them honor your claims.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:17 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro

The engine is covered, which leaves the PDK and quite a few expensive parts. The issue has really been that Porsche doesn’t service the PDK, but only replaces them for around $20k. But i am reading that Porsche is now servicing them, which sounds a lot better. I would not pay $7k for a warranty (with the chance of a big repair not being covered) if the PDK can be serviced. I wouldn’t pay $7k regardless. For $3-4k i would listen.
I’m actually wondering if I should be listening too. But still, what are the common issues we are looking at in these cars? Within 5 years, are these issues going to come up and how much would these cost to fix?
Old 02-23-2018, 11:52 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
Generally I have found with Easy Care after covering a certain amount of claims on our high cost of repair cars they push back when the claims throw them
In a loss position relative to premium paid. You really have to push hard above their first contact customer service to have them honor your claims.
Isn't that the whole point of insurance? Kind of bewildering that they would push back once they are in the red on a policy, as I am sure they are collecting premiums left and right from owners who don't have issues with their car and why there is an underwriting process to ensure that the business stays afloat.

I pay insurance on my life, my cars, my homes (and even my watches), have been doing so for a long time without filing a claim. They are eagerly collecting the annual and semi-annual premiums, so if God forbid a claim needs to be filed boy do I expect to be made whole without a peep or pushback because the cost could exceed the premiums collected.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:49 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

It is Business in the clearest form....
Old 02-24-2018, 02:44 AM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
I don’t see why you guys buy these warranties as they don’t pay out for major claims which is the main purpose of a warranty.
I have had the Easy Care Total Care warranty on 2 previous cars. On my 996 TT, it saved me a couple of thousand dollars at least. Items such as clutch slave/accumulater, MAF, and electric motor for window were covered. On my 2nd car, I sold it before my factory warranty ended.
I figured that I didn’t want to risk items such as motor or pdk for the gt3 (I bought it before the extended motor warranty from Porsche was provided). I would still buy it if I had to do it again, as PDK, PCM and other items are $$. In addition, the tire coverage has already saved me $1k. Finally, if u sell your car before the easy care warranty expires, u can get a big chuck of your money back on the resale value of your car.

Quick Reply: Easy Care Extended Warranty price