Sponsored by:

First pictures of 992?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 11:31 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
That front end view looks like a half a$$ attempt to mimic the 964. Totally don't like the rear wing extension look either. I guess they still have some time to iron out the final look. So far to me, it's a 7 out of 10 at best, look. Now those renderings from Alan, how could it look any better. I'm sold.
If it came down to this design or the crazy stiff clutch in the 997, I'd start working out my left leg tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:24 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
If it came down to this design or the crazy stiff clutch in the 997, I'd start working out my left leg tomorrow.
I won't have to worry about this design in the future b/c only one more for me to buy, the .2 gt3 then I'll be done buying Pcars.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

That front end view looks like a half a$$ attempt to mimic the 964. Totally don't like the rear wing extension look either. I guess they still have some time to iron out the final look. So far to me, it's a 7 out of 10 at best, look. Now those renderings from Alan, how could it look any better. I'm sold.
Welcome to Rennlist!

Haphazard and Obviously Speculative Rendering from Autosport or Another Website = "OMG I HOPE PORSH DOESN'T MAKE IT LIKE THAT OR I WONT BUY ONE!!!!!11!!!!"

Factory Mule Testing with Camo and Rough Parts = "OMG THESE DESIGNERS R SO DUMB I HOPE THEY DON'T MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THAT OR I WONT BUY ONE!!!!!11!!!!"

Official Press Reveal = "I MEAN I GUESS ITS OK BUT I THINK MY _________ IS BETTER ANYWAY"

A Few Months Later = "I WANT ONE AND CAN U GUYS BELIEVE MY DEALER WONT GIVE ME THE VERY FIRST CAR HE GETS AT MSRP???!!?!?!? I WANT PTS AND BUCKETS AND MANUAL AND LWFW ETC AND IF I DONT GET WHAT I WANT IM GONNA WHINE"
Old 02-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

^ Zactly.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:03 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Seems like both the 991 and 981 were the top Porsche design IMO, especially for those of us that power is not everything. I don't like the new models, especially the turbo engines, but all car designs have to peak at some time. But wish Porsche the best in the future. Hopefully they'll keep making both NA and MT cars in the future. That's the only chance I might buy another (at least NA, since PDK is fantastic).
Old 02-02-2017, 03:30 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 295 Posts

Cab pics now. Car looks almost done. This seems like it is coming sooner than later.
http://www.motor1.com/news/135043/po...io-spy-photos/
Old 02-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Porsche better let its designers some freedom or its design can grow stale pretty quickly. Take BMW for example. To me all those cars are beginning to look the same and boring! MB went through the same a few years ago.

Give me one like the design exercise Electric Chair posted and I will be one ASAP. Yes, I know that when fleshed out it will not be exactly the same but it retains sufficient 911 DNA to know what it is, but fresh enough to move the marque forward.

My faves in terms of design are the 993, 997 and 991. I think the 993 and 997 are pretty traditional while the 991 is fresh but easily identifiable. The pics we see for the alleged 992 definitely have P DNA and somewhat look good but I don't like the back at all. If any, the back of a 911 is its current signature. Caveat...must see it in the flesh before final judgment. They always seem to look better in person.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:43 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Paris 2018 reveal? Only about 20 months out if so
Old 02-02-2017, 03:50 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Welcome to Rennlist!

Haphazard and Obviously Speculative Rendering from Autosport or Another Website = "OMG I HOPE PORSH DOESN'T MAKE IT LIKE THAT OR I WONT BUY ONE!!!!!11!!!!"

Factory Mule Testing with Camo and Rough Parts = "OMG THESE DESIGNERS R SO DUMB I HOPE THEY DON'T MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THAT OR I WONT BUY ONE!!!!!11!!!!"

Official Press Reveal = "I MEAN I GUESS ITS OK BUT I THINK MY _________ IS BETTER ANYWAY"

A Few Months Later = "I WANT ONE AND CAN U GUYS BELIEVE MY DEALER WONT GIVE ME THE VERY FIRST CAR HE GETS AT MSRP???!!?!?!? I WANT PTS AND BUCKETS AND MANUAL AND LWFW ETC AND IF I DONT GET WHAT I WANT IM GONNA WHINE"
LOL
Old 02-02-2017, 03:59 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist!

Pretty much sums it up...
Old 02-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Originally Posted by Waxer
^ Zactly.
Originally Posted by robmypro
LOL
Originally Posted by signes
Pretty much sums it up...
Of course there is also the ever-present, malevolent, nefarious specter of evil, greedy, scumbag 918 owners who have nothing better to do than collude to systematically screw the *true* enthusiasts out of allocations for each GTx car.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 534 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
1. They hold values well (at least GTs)
This is partly because Porsche keeps increasing the price with every new gen.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:36 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Car is remaining the same length as the current 991. It's just a few inches wider, mostly surrounding the wheel wells creating more of a coke bottle look with larger fender flares. Doubt anyone here won't love it looks wise. Will make the 991 look dated the way a 997 makes a 996 look dated. Nothing to fear in the looks department. They share the chassis and greenhouse.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:27 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist!

Sorry but I'll disagree. I'm fully aware of how the mules are dressed and realize it's not the final look, but are you telling me that Porsche can't screw up some of their final designs? Everyone has their own opinion but to my eyes, the following I'm not a fan of....996, original boxster, and all Panny's.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:00 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Sorry but I'll disagree. I'm fully aware of how the mules are dressed and realize it's not the final look, but are you telling me that Porsche can't screw up some of their final designs? Everyone has their own opinion but to my eyes, the following I'm not a fan of....996, original boxster, and all Panny's.
The vast majority of the complainers will end up wanting one; I complained about some aspects of the 991.1 GT3, and I ended up buying one! I'm not old but I've been around long enough to know how this charade works.

I'm paraphrasing, but Frank conveyed the following in Austin: "For sure we will make the right choice and deliver the appropriate product to the GT model customers that will be engaging to drive."

I can assure you that the 992 - assuming it's called that - will have the following attributes vs. the 991:

Faster
More refined exterior aesthetic
More luxurious and technologically advanced/integrated interior (think 918 center console, new Panamera)
More efficient
More expensive

All we have to do is wait.

Quick Reply: First pictures of 992?