Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Lightweight Huracan with sub 7min Ring time (beats 918)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 02:33 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Best sounding car in the last 10 years. Maybe 20 years. LOL!
Old 11-16-2017, 06:38 PM
991gtR
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i have one and don't really like it. Sure isn't a porsche thats for sure ...

the lack of adjustability bothers me. can't put a proper cage/belts in easily.

They deliver the car with terrible pzero corsa instead of proper tires....
Old 11-17-2017, 04:26 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

@Kaizu : You make interesting points why Porsche is in such high demand for trackday drivers ! I'd love to see more brands offer clubsport packages from the factory as I don't like modding my cars. And what's up with Ferrari offering those ridiculous 4 point belts ?
Old 11-17-2017, 06:26 AM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 991gtR
i have one and don't really like it. Sure isn't a porsche thats for sure ...

the lack of adjustability bothers me. can't put a proper cage/belts in easily.

They deliver the car with terrible pzero corsa instead of proper tires....
Wait for the Superleggera or street Trofeo version.
But in the meanwhile, you can add a harness bar and a 4 point harness or a 6 point if you change them for Recaro pole position.

P.S. How do you find the (carbon) seats? Is there a comparison to be made with the 918 or other Porsche buckets?
P.P.S. Anyone thinking of making it an rwd? Seems a perfect fit.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:25 AM
Kaizu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle
But in the meanwhile, you can add a harness bar and a 4 point harness or a 6 point if you change them for Recaro pole position.

P.S. How do you find the (carbon) seats? Is there a comparison to be made with the 918 or other Porsche buckets?
Performante for the ordinary drivers is already hardcore enough. I doubt a more hardcore version would be coming at all, seems focus is on the Performante Spyder and upcoming facelifted Aventador SV/Performante, not to mention Urus the SUV etc. Hope I'm wrong.

About changing to Recaros, how do you solve the airbag issue? I know people have tried to fix it with a Huracan, but it is not enough to add a resistor, because there is now a weight sensor in the seat. Call me too careful but I would not like to be pushing record lap times at high-speed tracks without proper roll cage while the car is giving airbag errors as well.

Seems Porsche still the king for our kind of wannabe track day heroes.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:39 AM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaizu
Performante for the ordinary drivers is already hardcore enough. I doubt a more hardcore version would be coming at all, seems focus is on the Performante Spyder and upcoming facelifted Aventador SV/Performante, not to mention Urus the SUV etc. Hope I'm wrong.

About changing to Recaros, how do you solve the airbag issue? I know people have tried to fix it with a Huracan, but it is not enough to add a resistor, because there is now a weight sensor in the seat. Call me too careful but I would not like to be pushing record lap times at high-speed tracks without proper roll cage while the car is giving airbag errors as well.

Seems Porsche still the king for our kind of wannabe track day heroes.
Actually, Porsche still continues to be the king for people that actually want to track their cars. The performante, would be the one to be the king for wannabe track day heroes in this case. Still great car. It's possible to make the abs and weight sensor to not give errors without going into the ECU.

(Maybe wannabe race drivers tho)
Old 11-19-2017, 09:57 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 298 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle

I had loan of a Performante for 1/.2 a day last week.
Can honestly say one of the most exciting cars I have ever driven. The Sound, the throttle response, the steering, the gear change all on sensory overload......

Only down side for me was the Bucket seat, you sit a bit to high for me. The Height adjust on the Porsche bucket just trumps this...

Quick Reply: OT: Lightweight Huracan with sub 7min Ring time (beats 918)