Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R Club/ CGT buddies

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 12:51 AM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm down for a COTA event. Probably better at 1-2k per person.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:02 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Scary. I don't see that lasting... Bespoke supercar vs. awesome but not that bespoke.
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I don't see it either.
To enjoy driving a manual 991, the next GT3 will be too close.
That leaves just collectors for the R.
+3
Old 01-15-2017, 03:24 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
because porsche didn't deliver my gold wheels.
at least you got wheels. sometimes, i wonder about all the beers they drank....
Old 01-15-2017, 05:46 AM
SC62
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Guys I am very excited to have finally taken delivery of my 911R. It was a bit of a fiasco with delay etc but somehow was able to get it air-freighted and delivered locally here by Circle Porsche despite buying it through Park Place in Dallas. Porsche initially offered to have Newport do it, I refused them because, well, long story. Anyway, I promptly drove it around, went home, parked it outside (this is actually good for the engine) and then drove it in the rain the next day for about 250 miles up north to another store that, well nothing official yet, but that's another story. I love the driving experience, I think the stick shift really is fantastic- it's VERY different from the old GT3RS manual in the 997- but I love it. The rear steering really, to me, has finally made it's mark and the car goes around corners incredibly well with that "old school porsche" sensation. I am finally a believer of this technology after spending a few days racing the new Panamera Turbo and Panamera 4S around the track in LA...another story... I will eventually write a more in depth review of it, with pics etc. but the reason why I'm writing this: The McLaren F1 Owners Club inspired me to reach out with a few other guys to form "R club" for 911R guys that want to go on epic drives together. I figure, 3-5 days through areas like the eastern sierras, the rocky mountains, canadian rockies, etc. 20-30 people, hire a few photographers, we each get a hard bound book...the one we did in Yellowstone with the P1's was incredible. Anyone into that idea? I'd love to do one for CGT drivers as well. We would have to pay (don't be a cheapskate, ok?) so we could hire some mechanics and a chase vehicle or two to go from hotel to hotel (this is not gumball!!) to keep it somewhere between "enthusiast level" and "quite posh" depending on the event. I'd imagine there are some guys that would want to do this with GT3RS cars, we can talk about that separately but this is specifically for the guys with 911Rs. Hit me up. will cross post in CGT forum for those jokers too. just like this but with 911R!! or CGT. separate trips. purple+ rain
CJ, gorgeous R, congratulations! I'm looking forward to stopping by the dealership this week to see it in person. I would be down for a drive or track day in Cali, please keep me apprised of your plans for GT3 RS related events.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:13 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CJ
How's the power in the R vs the RS 4.0?
Old 01-15-2017, 10:57 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by jwalton
There are a good number of us RS owners in the Mid Atlantic. I would be happy to help organizing an event with a charitable beneficiary. High end kind of event where we spend the weekend driving fabulous Eastern PA Roads. Staying at a high end resort with a fabulous Dinner and breakfast. Couples oriented. What do you think? PM me so we dont take this thread off topic. Jon in Delaware
I'm game for this..I'll PM you, we should start another thread..!

Quick Reply: R Club/ CGT buddies