Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 11:03 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by redyps
Yikes! Driving either of those cars at 10/10ths without a full cage, harnesses and HANS is crazy IMHO. I have 20+ years experience on track and I would never do that.
The RS and LT are very easy to drive. Formula cars, LMP stuff, shifter karts etc have really set my brain in a different plane when it comes to raw speed.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:17 PM
Jim50
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by anselmw
I didn't even know they had a dealership, good that they finally opened one. This was one of the reasons I stayed with Porsche instead of getting a Mclaren, was worried about where to get the car serviced. Will have to pay them a visit. For your 600LT, I thought they had only a limited number of allocations, don't see anything online to build the car so assume you need to do this at the dealership?
The McLaren website has a configurator you can use but it doesn't show any of the costs. The dealership used the same configurator to build my car as we went through the options and the price list. I had spent quite a bit of time on the configurator before going to the dealership and was pretty familiar with the options. They had only ordered a few 600LTs at that point and I was able to show them a few things on the configurator that they hadn't seen. The section dealing with seats and interior is a little confusing. I ordered with all leather, standard carbon fiber racing seats (from P1) with orange stitching. They had several 570s, 600LTs and 720s at the showroom so I could test drive all and see all of the options I wanted in person. Didn't really like the Senna seats after sitting in them. IMO, also hard to justify the cost of those seats ($6,060) unless you are building a full race car with the MSO Clubsport Pro Pack. The By McLaren Designer Interior - Leather Design is very nice, even includes leather roof liner. The 600LT price list can be found on the internet; I think I saw it posted in rennlist as well.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:26 PM
Jim50
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
You should be totally fine, and there isn't much at all short of a build sheet, and MSO options can take FOREVER depending on how busy the shop is, especially given they've been busy with Senna's. More important...whats your spec like???
Here is my spec:
Sarthe Grey paint
10 spoke gloss black wheels
McLaren Orange calipers
Carbon Fiber upgrade 1 & 2
Interior trim - jet black nappa leather By McLaren Designer LT
Carbon fiber racing seat
Leather steering wheel with orange 12 o'clock mark
Leather sill finishers
McLaren Orange seat belts
Interior carbon fiber upgrade
Interior stitching McLaren orange
Track telemetry & 3 cameras
vehicle lift
car cover & battery charger
MSO vinyl striping

Easy to get caught up in the options but I didn't want a $300K spec. Mine came in around $275K
Old 03-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

^ Good build w/o going overboard
Old 03-03-2019, 05:47 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim50
Here is my spec:
Sarthe Grey paint
McLaren Orange calipers
Carbon fiber racing seat
Leather sill finishers
vehicle lift
MSO vinyl striping

Easy to get caught up in the options but I didn't want a $300K spec. Mine came in around $275K

LOVE the spec, was very close to what I was originally going to go with. Sarthe is my favorite color, but traded the color for the front fenders in carbon haha. You'll LOVE the car.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:14 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 166 Posts

Here is my spec:
Sarthe Grey paint
McLaren Orange calipers
Carbon fiber racing seat
Leather sill finishers
vehicle lift
MSO vinyl striping

It is somewhat counter intuitive but I would have added the power steering column. It automatically retracts the steering wheel when the door opens which improves ingress and egress. Many buyers don't know that.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:49 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

It is somewhat counter intuitive but I would have added the power steering column. It automatically retracts the steering wheel when the door opens which improves ingress and egress. Many buyers don't know that.

I did this with mine and yeah, it makes a difference. Not the worst thing in the world if you didn't but its nice.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:43 PM
obbob
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 64 Posts

My Vega Blue 600LT should be arriving this week, next week latest. Really excited.

I already have plans for a decatted exhaust, tune, and wheels to really make it my own and awaken the flamethrower potential.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:03 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by obbob
My Vega Blue 600LT should be arriving this week, next week latest. Really excited.

I already have plans for a decatted exhaust, tune, and wheels to really make it my own and awaken the flamethrower potential.
The exhaust is 11.5 inches long- exactly how are you modding it?

Vega blue is AWESOME
Old 03-04-2019, 01:15 AM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

The McLaren website has a configurator you can use but it doesn't show any of the costs. The dealership used the same configurator to build my car as we went through the options and the price list. I had spent quite a bit of time on the configurator before going to the dealership and was pretty familiar with the options. They had only ordered a few 600LTs at that point and I was able to show them a few things on the configurator that they hadn't seen. The section dealing with seats and interior is a little confusing. I ordered with all leather, standard carbon fiber racing seats (from P1) with orange stitching. They had several 570s, 600LTs and 720s at the showroom so I could test drive all and see all of the options I wanted in person. Didn't really like the Senna seats after sitting in them. IMO, also hard to justify the cost of those seats ($6,060) unless you are building a full race car with the MSO Clubsport Pro Pack. The By McLaren Designer Interior - Leather Design is very nice, even includes leather roof liner. The 600LT price list can be found on the internet; I think I saw it posted in rennlist as well.
Thanks, that is what I don't see is pricing on the configurator. I am not sure why they don't show it like Porsche does. Would be good to compare how much more a 600LT would be vs my GT3. I just got it so not planning to switch but would be interesting to compare. Hope to see your car around Charlotte!
Old 03-04-2019, 01:20 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

Ask the dealer for a price sheet. It’s an excel file that you plug in your options and it totals it up for you.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:38 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by anselmw
Thanks, that is what I don't see is pricing on the configurator. I am not sure why they don't show it like Porsche does. Would be good to compare how much more a 600LT would be vs my GT3. I just got it so not planning to switch but would be interesting to compare. Hope to see your car around Charlotte!
On average a 600LT is about $100k more than a GT3.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:25 AM
Frank 991 GT3 RS
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

On average a 600LT is about $100k more than a GT3.
My GT3 was 180k € and my 600 LT is 262k €.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:28 AM
Frank 991 GT3 RS
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you spec the power adjust steering column? For me, I think that is a must have option. The cockpit is not as easy as a 911 to get in and out of. The power adjust steering column automatically retracts when you open the door. This would be a huge advantage if you order the Senna seats. IMHO.
No, I didn`t spec it. I found there is no need for it, since I got in and out quite easy. But I tried and ordered the P1 seats.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:38 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Ask the dealer for a price sheet. It’s an excel file that you plug in your options and it totals it up for you.
We build that ourselves

Quick Reply: McLaren Success