Sponsored by:

McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 05:44 PM
360MVA
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I just took delivery of my 812. variety is the spice of life, that being said some spices I do not find to my taste and the aventador'a ergonomics and handling don't inspire me...but the noise does for sure. an SV in a cool color at a big enough discount used could make sense.

having said that- I really think that the 675/600LT and an 'all arounder' like the 812, or a manual transmission 911, boxster spyder, or a 720 spider or something convertible really offer such different experiences that it makes sense why people like Sam or myself have various brands represented. different knives for different cuts.
I like the 812 but kind of favor the F12 more aesthetically. Maybe I pick one up soon if I find the right spec.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:57 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

I just took delivery of my 812. variety is the spice of life, that being said some spices I do not find to my taste and the aventador'a ergonomics and handling don't inspire me...but the noise does for sure. an SV in a cool color at a big enough discount used could make sense.

having said that- I really think that the 675/600LT and an 'all arounder' like the 812, or a manual transmission 911, boxster spyder, or a 720 spider or something convertible really offer such different experiences that it makes sense why people like Sam or myself have various brands represented. different knives for different cuts.
There is nothing that has the presence and sound of a v12 lambo. However, being 6’4”, I just am not comfortable in my Lambo. They aren’t made for tall guys. My buddy brought his Performante yesterday and I love that car but again, I’m not comfortable in it.

I have a Pista coming at the end of the year. Excited to see how that compares for my current 488 and 720.

as CJ said, variety is the spice of life.

oh and I’m still posed at having to sell my Touring last year!!! Need to replace that in the future.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:12 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
There is nothing that has the presence and sound of a v12 lambo. However, being 6’4”, I just am not comfortable in my Lambo. They aren’t made for tall guys. My buddy brought his Performante yesterday and I love that car but again, I’m not comfortable in it.

I have a Pista coming at the end of the year. Excited to see how that compares for my current 488 and 720.

as CJ said, variety is the spice of life.

oh and I’m still posed at having to sell my Touring last year!!! Need to replace that in the future.
This is precisely why we can never tell someone over the internet what they should like. Ergonomics are a huge aspect of why you like what you like, or don't...

I don't like the lack of visibility out of the lambos, and I'm only 6'1. This is where the Porsches and McLarens really benefit over the lambo- huge visibility in 720/911.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:59 PM
joejenie
Three Wheelin'

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

yes. Scottsdale
Thanks for the invite. You need to join Apex. I'll be there Monday and Thursday mornings the next couple weeks. Got to get some days in before it gets hot.

Next two cars are F12 and 720s. I have enough Porsche's for now.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:00 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

This is precisely why we can never tell someone over the internet what they should like. Ergonomics are a huge aspect of why you like what you like, or don't...

I don't like the lack of visibility out of the lambos, and I'm only 6'1. This is where the Porsches and McLarens really benefit over the lambo- huge visibility in 720/911.
Some folks like the closed quarters of Lambo. I personally like the snug feel. But when I have to drive it with my head cocked to the side- Lambo is out for me.

how do you like the 812 CJ? We had one at our outing yesterday. It’s a beast for sure!
Old 04-14-2019, 07:30 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary(SF)
This one? Well known local guy with a great car collection, most of which are yellow.
yea, that was probably the one i saw.
hopefully he didn't get pulled over, but looked like the CHP guy was going after him.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:32 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Some folks like the closed quarters of Lambo. I personally like the snug feel. But when I have to drive it with my head cocked to the side- Lambo is out for me.

how do you like the 812 CJ? We had one at our outing yesterday. It’s a beast for sure!
I'm bringing the family to AZ next week for 7 days so we can get together and swap loud noise stories...
Old 04-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

I'm bringing the family to AZ next week for 7 days so we can get together and swap loud noise stories...
im flying over the pacific as I type this on the way to Japan. I’m back Friday. When do you leave Scottsdale?
Old 04-14-2019, 07:45 PM
zmangt3
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
Thanks for the invite. You need to join Apex. I'll be there Monday and Thursday mornings the next couple weeks. Got to get some days in before it gets hot.

Next two cars are F12 and 720s. I have enough Porsche's for now.
I joined apex a few weeks back. Its my understanding it wont open for a few more weeks. At least thats what the email said on friday. Did something change?
Old 04-14-2019, 07:52 PM
zmangt3
Rennlist Member

Good video showing the 600 packs a good punch for the money.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:55 PM
joejenie
Three Wheelin'

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by zmangt3
I joined apex a few weeks back. Its my understanding it wont open for a few more weeks. At least thats what the email said on friday. Did something change?
Official grand opening is Friday the 26th. I'm going out with their instructor for a few sessions before over the next couple weeks. So it's not "open". More of an orientation and getting Apex "certified" I guess.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:15 PM
zmangt3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joejenie
Official grand opening is Friday the 26th. I'm going out with their instructor for a few sessions before over the next couple weeks. So it's not "open". More of an orientation and getting Apex "certified" I guess.
Oh ok..i am set up for the same thing as far as getting checked out. Should be a fun place
Old 04-14-2019, 09:19 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Oh ok..i am set up for the same thing as far as getting checked out. Should be a fun place
its a fun place. Was there yesterday. Going back and forth if I should join. My issue is how often am I going to actually get out there to track.

Or is it better to just rent a track with some friends twice and year or once a quarter and enjoy it. This could be just another membership I have that gets used a couple times a year.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:22 PM
zmangt3
Rennlist Member

its a fun place. Was there yesterday. Going back and forth if I should join. My issue is how often am I going to actually get out there to track.

Or is it better to just rent a track with some friends twice and year or once a quarter and enjoy it. This could be just another membership I have that gets used a couple times a year.
I am a member at chuckwalla. I track 2 or 3 times a month but its a long drive. I am excited about how much closer it will be. For me it was a no brainer
Old 04-14-2019, 09:28 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

I am a member at chuckwalla. I track 2 or 3 times a month but its a long drive. I am excited about how much closer it will be. For me it was a no brainer
totally get it. It’s about 50 miles from my place. Not far but not close. Not a big track guy cause honestly just haven’t had the time to do it properly before. Would love to get into it more and this is a very nice facility with a great team but just don’t know if I’ll be able to devote the time that it needs to get it done properly.

Quick Reply: McLaren Success