Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

McLaren Success

 
Old 12-20-2018, 03:57 PM
  #2686  
Billy Wyatt
User
 
Billy Wyatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scottsdale,AZ
Posts: 856
Default



Originally Posted by GrantG View Post
Can you give any more driving impressions and comparisons to Porsche GT cars?
Sorry I did not drive it.It was getting clear bra and other work.

Last edited by Billy Wyatt; 12-20-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Billy Wyatt is online now  
Old 12-20-2018, 04:01 PM
  #2687  
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
GrantG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 9,820
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt View Post
Sorry I did not drive it.It was getting clear bra and other work.
OK, I bet it's great to drive...
GrantG is online now  
Old 12-20-2018, 05:54 PM
  #2688  
-eztrader-
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
-eztrader-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,364
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt View Post

HERE IN SCOTTSDALE YESTERDAY STICKER $315k. I PERSONALLY LOVED IT WISH CJ.COULD GET ME AN ALLOCATION????
I think someone posted on here the other day . . . he was recently offered a couple of these allocations. Maybe a smaller dealer in US can find you one. The way this market is acting. . .all of our toys / assets are headed lower / more availabe soon.
-eztrader- is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 07:41 PM
  #2689  
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
C.J. Ichiban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Exit Row seats
Posts: 8,993
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt


HERE IN SCOTTSDALE YESTERDAY STICKER $315k. I PERSONALLY LOVED IT WISH CJ.COULD GET ME AN ALLOCATION????
For sale

Let's do it
C.J. Ichiban is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 07:44 PM
  #2690  
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
C.J. Ichiban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Exit Row seats
Posts: 8,993
Default

Also if anyone wants a 3RS I have a few consignment cars. I do like the 3RS but the mclaren has: better seats, more power, cooler paint colors and leases about the same as a Gt3RS.

4K for 600LT
C.J. Ichiban is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 08:35 PM
  #2691  
wolfmobil
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
wolfmobil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 359
Default

Reliability issues, pre and post track mandatory inspections for the warranty combined with sparse dealer network and quick depreciation are killing McLarens for me. Plus not a fan of the design and funky controls. There's a reason when you go to your local track 80-90% of the cars are Porsches.
wolfmobil is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 08:41 PM
  #2692  
Scrappy1972
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 422
Default

Originally Posted by wolfmobil View Post
Reliability issues, pre and post track mandatory inspections for the warranty combined with sparse dealer network and quick depreciation are killing McLarens for me. Plus not a fan of the design and funky controls. There's a reason when you go to your local track 80-90% of the cars are Porsches.
Iím fairly certain that Mclarens, especially LT models will become increasingly more common at track days. Remember - itís only been around 7 years since the 12C started deliveries. Quite remarkable when you think about it.

Rumor has it that the 600LT won the 2018 Evo COTY. Thatís two years in a row for McLaren. Where thereís smoke, thereís fire.
Scrappy1972 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 09:13 PM
  #2693  
Guest89
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Guest89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CHI / ATL
Posts: 2,388
Default

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972 View Post


Iím fairly certain that Mclarens, especially LT models will become increasingly more common at track days. Remember - itís only been around 7 years since the 12C started deliveries. Quite remarkable when you think about it.

Rumor has it that the 600LT won the 2018 Evo COTY. Thatís two years in a row for McLaren. Where thereís smoke, thereís fire.
evo didnít really have ECOTY last year; admitted as much on the website recently
Guest89 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 09:43 PM
  #2694  
wolfmobil
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
wolfmobil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 359
Default

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972
Where thereís smoke, thereís fire.
Sounds like McLaren
wolfmobil is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 10:06 PM
  #2695  
Nizer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Nizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Beta Testing
Posts: 10,898
Default

Now for something a little special....

http://www.thedrive.com/news/25599/m...p4-4-f1-livery

Hazard a guess on the price tag? $5M, $6M?





Nizer is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 11:21 PM
  #2696  
mdrums
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mdrums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 14,820
Default

Originally Posted by ipse dixit View Post
Maybe it's ChicagoWhale's mini-me
OMG 😂
mdrums is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 11:25 PM
  #2697  
rick brooklyn
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,335
Default

Originally Posted by Nizer View Post
Now for something a little special....

http://www.thedrive.com/news/25599/m...p4-4-f1-livery

Hazard a guess on the price tag? $5M, $6M?


That should be THE ONLY color scheme available on any McLaren. With at most an optional Marlboro lettering in the back.
LOL "McLaren Orange". Senna and Prost made McLaren what it is.
rick brooklyn is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 12:39 AM
  #2698  
Scrappy1972
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 422
Default

Originally Posted by wolfmobil View Post
Sounds like McLaren
Try one sometime
Scrappy1972 is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 02:40 AM
  #2699  
Yippiekiaye
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Yippiekiaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,123
Default

Why do people complain about depreciation values when more than likely they canít even afford a depreciated 600lt let alone one at sticker. Stop talking about price and buy what you can afford. None of these cars are going up in value.

i had zero interest in the 600 lt. but the more I see it, the more I read about it, Iím intrigued. Not enough at this point to get rid of my 720 or 488 for one but maybe soon.

and CJ is a stand up guy. He answers his phone, returns texts. Was very helpful when I was buying my 720 and had some shopping delays that made me super frustrated.

dude sells Porsche, Mclaren, Audi, BMW. He is the EF Hutton of cars. When he speaks, people should listen.
Yippiekiaye is online now  
Old 12-21-2018, 03:00 AM
  #2700  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,411
Default

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye View Post
Why do people complain about depreciation values when more than likely they canít even afford a depreciated 600lt let alone one at sticker. Stop talking about price and buy what you can afford. None of these cars are going up in value.

i had zero interest in the 600 lt. but the more I see it, the more I read about it, Iím intrigued. Not enough at this point to get rid of my 720 or 488 for one but maybe soon.

and CJ is a stand up guy. He answers his phone, returns texts. Was very helpful when I was buying my 720 and had some shopping delays that made me super frustrated.

dude sells Porsche, Mclaren, Audi, BMW. He is the EF Hutton of cars. When he speaks, people should listen.
Exactly. And werenít people here encouraging CJ to get a Porsche dealership before he even had one?
robmypro is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: McLaren Success


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: