Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 06:25 PM
n d
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 106 Posts

I’ve had 2 different 570s and they are amazing cars but they do not give me the same excitement I get when I drive my gt3rs ...... the gt3rs is soooooo special..... I feel like crying after a good drive with some good roads!
Old 12-19-2018, 06:58 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

[QUOTE=kkabba;15508355]
Originally Posted by sechsgang
And in the past 2 days I've been offered 2 GT2rs' at sticker, both WP, and brand new at a dealer...

would you not say that you being offered 2RS cars at MSRP is more a function of your relationship/goodwill with the dealer or are you suggesting that the 2RS market has softened enough that market price is now MSRP? Unless it’s the latter your comparison with the 600LT market is unfortunately not comparable.

These offers came from friends who have friends at a couple dealers across the country and have no personal standing with (I'm sorry this is a little vague, but I'm not stepping on toes) and have cars that are incoming that in both cases an ordered buyer didn't want to swing the 330k when there wasn't any profit to be made. The cars are both sold now (not a terrible surprise there), but the market on them is completely down compared to even a few months ago. Wholesalers don't want a piece of one unless it's at msrp or maybe 10k-15k over tops either btw...I know I tried to help a couple friends get out of theirs as well...the gt2rs is absolutely, without any special wishes, an MSRP car.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:02 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=kkabba;15508355]
And in the past 2 days I've been offered 2 GT2rs' at sticker, both WP, and brand new at a dealer...

would you not say that you being offered 2RS cars at MSRP is more a function of your relationship/goodwill with the dealer or are you suggesting that the 2RS market has softened enough that market price is now MSRP? Unless it’s the latter your comparison with the 600LT market is unfortunately not comparable.

Originally Posted by fepelopo
What dealers if you don't mind me asking? I can see prices trending down but haven't heard of GT2s at MSRP just yet.

Dealers aren't going to announce it all over the place given how many have high asking on the market (eg put on website), but they were absolutely available (granted if I didn't know the guys who the dealer asked if they wanted them, I wouldn't have heard about it). If you really want one now is the time to start hunting and rooting around. Any preowned ones will be easier to grab at I'd imagine too. Don't forget, 330k on dealer books is a lot too...
Old 12-19-2018, 07:09 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

These dealer's better start watching the markets. Between the stock market cratering and the interest rate hikes (.25% more today), the market is going to continue to get softer on these cars. On top of this, every manufacturer has been building these things non-stop a 5-10 times the pace as the last iterations. They are running out of buyers quickly.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:47 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

I really like the 600LT but won’t give up my 3RS for it. They are likely equivalent in performance but I think the RS is a better car and will hold its value much better. My concerns with Mac are dealer network and resale. The price point for the 600LT is high imho and you can get a 675LT for the price of a nicely equipped 600LT or a Performonte.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:09 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

took the 600LT for an extended spin and test drive with a client today...then drove a 488. very easy to say that the 488 is heavier, wobblier and offers nothing at the level of the 600LT in terms of driving with the exception of easier wheelspins leaving red lights. The 600LT straight up is the most perfect car from a price, driving dynamics, noise, feel and feedback they have offered. I love it. He's put 8,000 miles on his 488 and cant wait for his 600LT to show up.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:16 AM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
took the 600LT for an extended spin and test drive with a client today...then drove a 488. very easy to say that the 488 is heavier, wobblier and offers nothing at the level of the 600LT in terms of driving with the exception of easier wheelspins leaving red lights. The 600LT straight up is the most perfect car from a price, driving dynamics, noise, feel and feedback they have offered. I love it. He's put 8,000 miles on his 488 and cant wait for his 600LT to show up.
600LT is a more perfect car than the .2 GT3RS in your opinion based on the factors you mentioned above?
Old 12-20-2018, 09:20 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
I really like the 600LT but won’t give up my 3RS for it. They are likely equivalent in performance but I think the RS is a better car and will hold its value much better. My concerns with Mac are dealer network and resale. The price point for the 600LT is high imho and you can get a 675LT for the price of a nicely equipped 600LT or a Performonte.
Hey Waxer,

We do have 2 dealers pretty close to CNJ, Mc Philly and MC North Jersey(under new ownership). They are both very good. MC North Jersey is a fantastic ownership group. Their lead service tech is also an ex-Porsche tech. The guy is phenomenal. He has worked on many of my cars.

They pick up up and drop off in an enclosed trailer. No BS games.

I have also bought 4 Mclarens from Mclaren Atlanta because I have a previous Lambo relationship with them(I am a loyal customer) they also would send a trailer to pick up my car when I had any service needs.

Depreciation is another issue. I think many are going to be in a world of hurt in the coming future as the global economic market tightens. I am seeing this across Marques/goods. My belief is only the truly limited/ultra rare spec cars will not be affected(the current GT cars are great I own them all, but don’t classify them in this group). This coming January in the auction world will be another measurement point.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:40 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd

Hey Waxer,

We do have 2 dealers pretty close to CNJ, Mc Philly and MC North Jersey(under new ownership). They are both very good. MC North Jersey is a fantastic ownership group. Their lead service tech is also an ex-Porsche tech. The guy is phenomenal. He has worked on many of my cars.

They pick up up and drop off in an enclosed trailer. No BS games.

I have also bought 4 Mclarens from Mclaren Atlanta because I have a previous Lambo relationship with them(I am a loyal customer) they also would send a trailer to pick up my car when I had any service needs.

Depreciation is another issue. I think many are going to be in a world of hurt in the coming future as the global economic market tightens. I am seeing this across Marques/goods. My belief is only the truly limited/ultra rare spec cars will not be affected(the current GT cars are great I own them all, but don’t classify them in this group). This coming January in the auction world will be another measurement point.
Doc: good points. Will have to take a Mac for a spin. However, seems the 675LT is now the better choice imho looking at the 600LT price point. My concern is that a year from now you will be able to pick up 600LTs for $100k less lightly used.

would also have to weigh the Performonte at these numbers.

i can wait a year. I think...
Old 12-20-2018, 10:42 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

The RS' have always been epic cars, but I agree with CJ (and I'm not a dealer, just a really big enthusiast)...the 600lt is beyond unreal as a sports car. There are only two cars I can be in that rival it...one is a Singer (which CJ doesn't agree with at all by the way...but it does for me), or a GT3 Cup (whichever variant and obviously only on the track). It's really more of a GT2RS than 3 rs competitor on a track as well...the 3rs is probably a whole 130 ish hp lower given how the super sports dynos and weighs a good 150 lbs more in equivalent trim DIN. If you really want a ballistic beyond driving experience, the 600lt is it.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:54 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Well, he is also a Porsche dealer to.
No doubt I believe CJ calls it the way he sees it.

Doesnt mean you have to agree with him.
+1
Old 12-20-2018, 11:10 AM
kkabba
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 88 Posts

The RS' have always been epic cars, but I agree with CJ (and I'm not a dealer, just a really big enthusiast)...the 600lt is beyond unreal as a sports car. There are only two cars I can be in that rival it...one is a Singer (which CJ doesn't agree with at all by the way...but it does for me), or a GT3 Cup (whichever variant and obviously only on the track). It's really more of a GT2RS than 3 rs competitor on a track as well...the 3rs is probably a whole 130 ish hp lower given how the super sports dynos and weighs a good 150 lbs more in equivalent trim DIN. If you really want a ballistic beyond driving experience, the 600lt is it.
Do you plan to track your 600LT? Would be curious to see your comparison vs a 3RS from a fun, performance, reliability and consumables perspective.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:33 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kkabba

Do you plan to track your 600LT? Would be curious to see your comparison vs a 3RS from a fun, performance, reliability and consumables perspective.

Ill get it to the track in the spring. Given that Mclaren warranties their cars for non racing track events, Id expect the costs wouldn't be any different than running a 3rs with ceramics brakes. Reliability well, I don't track like I used to so it would only be going through a few sessions, not like multiple days...I will say this is normally Porsche's strong suit...however after the 996 GT3, I was only ever really running Porsche race cars hard at the track, not street. I would expect the Mclaren lap times to actually be pretty damn impressive though, especially on new Trofeo's.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

HERE IN SCOTTSDALE YESTERDAY STICKER $315k. I PERSONALLY LOVED IT WISH CJ.COULD GET ME AN ALLOCATION????

Last edited by Billy Wyatt; 12-20-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:16 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,720 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
HERE IN SCOTTSDALE YESTERDAY STICKER $315k. I PERSONALLY LOVED IT WISH CJ.COULD GET ME AN ALLOCATION????
Can you give any more driving impressions and comparisons to Porsche GT cars?

Quick Reply: McLaren Success