Sponsored by:

McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 11:00 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
honestly don't know haha, that's a good q. Maybe CJ knows which were in the one you could sit in at the pure McLaren event at bernardus...
Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Bernadus car had the touring seats. I'm getting regular senna seats in my Senna because I'd rather have no wiggle room in an aero car on track but for the street I'd get touring, even if I was skinnier. (6'1, 190)
The 600LT with the snorkel at Bernardus had the Senna seats though?? i remember distinctly as they unveiled it to us during the mclaren Rally. Getting in and out isn't bad, the cutout at the hip makes it relatively easy, it's just the wide shoulder curve which causes you to lean forward. They have excellent seating position and lumbar once you're in them, makes Porsche lwb seem poorly conceived by comparison. My complaint is that they are strangely broad in the shoulders, didn't keep me in place during Senna drive. Tried the "normal" seats in 600LT yesterday and they are really really good also, probably fit better for skinnier guy like me (5.11 183lb).. but Senna seats so gorgeous they are hard to pass up. 600LT feels like 75% of a Senna for a fraction of the price... almost "hypercar-ish".. going for a hard drive soon, may be next car.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:02 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,720 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Try the narrow version of Senna seats, before deciding against them. Should fit your build better.

I agree that they make the GT3 LWB’s feel mediocre in comparison (which I love and thought were superior until sitting in a Senna and 600LT).

Last edited by GrantG; 12-06-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:13 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Try the narrow version of Senna seats, before deciding against them. Should fit your build better.

I agree that they make the GT3 LWB’s feel mediocre in comparison (which I love and thought were superior until sitting in a Senna and 600LT).
Agree. the LWB seats are a compromise for track and regular driving. For the LT, Mclaren said screw regular drive, track only and made the seats to hug the body. I really liked it.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:35 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
The 600LT with the snorkel at Bernardus had the Senna seats though?? i remember distinctly as they unveiled it to us during the mclaren Rally. Getting in and out isn't bad, the cutout at the hip makes it relatively easy, it's just the wide shoulder curve which causes you to lean forward. They have excellent seating position and lumbar once you're in them, makes Porsche lwb seem poorly conceived by comparison. My complaint is that they are strangely broad in the shoulders, didn't keep me in place during Senna drive. Tried the "normal" seats in 600LT yesterday and they are really really good also, probably fit better for skinnier guy like me (5.11 183lb).. but Senna seats so gorgeous they are hard to pass up. 600LT feels like 75% of a Senna for a fraction of the price... almost "hypercar-ish".. going for a hard drive soon, may be next car.

They weren't in the white 600LT at the Bernardus event, they were in the blue Senna...lol. But I agree with your comments re fit, and I LOVE the position of the p1 seats I the car haha.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:38 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Agree. the LWB seats are a compromise for track and regular driving. For the LT, Mclaren said screw regular drive, track only and made the seats to hug the body. I really liked it.

Thats the interesting part about the 600LT though, Mclaren actually built it to be fun on the road and the track, it was in most of the literature they had with the car too, so the dual purpose ability of the car I think is what actually makes it so special. For a Senna, I don't think anyone would pass up on the Senna seats, it's so track focused...I guess I'm just looking at the getting in and out and in and out of somewhat normal daily sport drive routines and thinking about what would "wear" or not hahah, granted thats extremely personal ha. Either way you CAN'T go wrong! Taking the 600lt out again today even though its a little colder than I'd like for the trofeos, hard to resist!
Old 12-06-2018, 12:16 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Taking the 600lt out again today even though its a little colder than I'd like for the trofeos, hard to resist!
Be careful - I had the GT3 out in 12F degree weather (at the top of the pass) and Cup 2s required careful inputs. You can actually ruin them by exposure to weather like that (mine are ready to be replaced, so I wasn't too concerned). Your R's are brand new...
Old 12-06-2018, 12:51 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GrantG
Be careful - I had the GT3 out in 12F degree weather (at the top of the pass) and Cup 2s required careful inputs. You can actually ruin them by exposure to weather like that (mine are ready to be replaced, so I wasn't too concerned). Your R's are brand new...

Haha, valid point, temps here are thankfully still above 35, I definitely should have gotten the car delivered with the non Trofeo option but I couldn't resist haha. Thankfully the tires are too expensive given the more modest sizing (for a change!). But they are definitely ice bricks until they reach the modest 50-64 degrees I can normally get them to even on the street, not fun getting there, but work surprisingly well even at that temp once there.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:34 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

They weren't in the white 600LT at the Bernardus event, they were in the blue Senna...lol. But I agree with your comments re fit, and I LOVE the position of the p1 seats I the car haha.
I think there were two different cars. I'm referring to the Carbon with orange pinstripe and roof snorkel 600LT they showed us on the mclaren rally. I do remember there was another white one for regular public which was parked over by where the reception area was. The carbon one had Senna seats
Old 12-06-2018, 04:42 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think there were two different cars. I'm referring to the Carbon with orange pinstripe and roof snorkel 600LT they showed us on the mclaren rally. I do remember there was another white one for regular public which was parked over by where the reception area was. The carbon one had Senna seats
That carbon and orange one was the one that made the dealer circuit and I sat in (has Touring seats).

This one?:

Old 12-06-2018, 04:49 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

600lt would sway me away from Porsche. The car kills it.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:34 PM
737Drvr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading some of the new owner reviews, now I really can't wait for mine! I hope Santa delivers it before years end. What the Auto Journalists have to say is informative and they have all praised this car. But when real world owners are saying this is one one the best cars they've ever driven that means a lot more to me. Looks like McLaren has a winner here. Will be interesting to see how it stacks up to its primary competition--the .2 GT3RS.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:36 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 737Drvr
Will be interesting to see how it stacks up to its primary competition--the .2 GT3RS.
600LT costs over $50k more to start (and I would spend a good deal more on options than on the RS). Would like the chance to drive both on a track
Old 12-06-2018, 05:40 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Ah, yeah I was just talking about the Senna that was in the bernardus actual room on the other side of the 600 lt "unveil" they did. That car had the senna seats, didn't get to sit in any LT that had the senna seats previous to my purchase
Old 12-06-2018, 05:43 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Just got back from driving the 600lt for the last 2 hours...and yeah, flat out most exciting road car, that I can't believe is a road car I've been in really. Then, to boot...it's actually damn comfortable, less jarring than the previous GT3rs (2016) over bad pavement, really awesome ride comfort even in track handling mode and the Bowers and Wilkens system is actually pretty impressive. This thing definitely gets the heart rate up without making you feel anxious if that makes any sense. Simply SENSATIONAL sports car.

Last edited by sechsgang; 12-07-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:33 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

It sounds to me having Manual GT3 and the 600lt also in you garage would be Nirvana..

Quick Reply: McLaren Success