Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 197 Posts

^ Nice!
Old 06-28-2018, 11:17 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

600LT is online.

i think it could be an interesting machine for us RS lovers.
my thread was moved. here are pics: https://rennlist.com/forums/other-ma...rs-lovers.html
Old 06-28-2018, 11:23 AM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
600LT is online.

i think it could be an interesting machine for us RS lovers.
my thread was moved. here are pics: https://rennlist.com/forums/other-ma...rs-lovers.html
not really. No premiums on the cars or nothing compared to the RS anyway...
Old 06-28-2018, 11:31 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

edit.

didn´t got it i guess
Old 07-12-2018, 08:54 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,720 Likes on 913 Posts

600LT Details including how weight loss was achieved:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...eep-tech-dive/
Old 07-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Old 07-12-2018, 12:51 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 259 Posts

BS p-car GT markup games is what is attracting me to Mclaren, seriously considering dumping both RS and jumping ship into a 720S and moving on in life.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
BS p-car GT markup games is what is attracting me to Mclaren, seriously considering dumping both RS and jumping ship into a 720S and moving on in life.
From an overall driving experience I'll take my McLaren (570S) over a GT car except if on the track - I prefer the GT3. So when the LT version was announced this was the car I wanted. I got a call the other day from my dealer and told put deposit down and I have the very first dealer allocation - no B/S as you can get at some P dealers. And although this car spits flames, has a burnout mode (what's not to like!!) and built for the track, with a cheaper than assumed MSRP ($240k) I've decided to pass on my allocation and stick with my .2 RS allocation just because I can't afford to keep taking the depreciation hits. The cars they make are epic but cycle times are two short and so the next car knocks the socks off the previous one almost making them obsolete. Rumors are that the 600LT will be faster than the 675LT?!?! That's great but...... Love McLaren but just wish they'd focus a little more on customers rather than shareholder value a bit.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Something tells me this thing will do just fine on track. And faster than GT2 RS to 200kph and over 200lbs lighter!

The ability to get a car without the Porsche stealership games alone is worth it to me.

“Giving the car more power and more noise while cutting weight was only the starting point. Next up were the chassis tweaks, which included twice as stiff engine mounts, a 20 percent increase in springs and dampers, and the hollow anti-roll bars dialed up by 40 percent at the front, and 10 percent at the rear. The steering system uses a different torsion bar, resulting in a faster ratio. The 600LT also rides 8mm lower, and on a wider track. Add the dedicated Pirellis to the picture, and aim for your nearest race track.”
Old 07-13-2018, 08:12 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Something tells me this thing will do just fine on track. And faster than GT2 RS to 200kph and over 200lbs lighter!

The ability to get a car without the Porsche stealership games alone is worth it to me.

“Giving the car more power and more noise while cutting weight was only the starting point. Next up were the chassis tweaks, which included twice as stiff engine mounts, a 20 percent increase in springs and dampers, and the hollow anti-roll bars dialed up by 40 percent at the front, and 10 percent at the rear. The steering system uses a different torsion bar, resulting in a faster ratio. The 600LT also rides 8mm lower, and on a wider track. Add the dedicated Pirellis to the picture, and aim for your nearest race track.”
Exactly my thoughts. Not sure how I ended up with my 997 RS, must have been s*it luck. The Porsche allocation process is a joke. My Mac dealer told me that the Senna allocation process was done by McLaren. Dealer submits names of those interested to McLaren. McLaren checks them out and interviews them. They decide and want the cars to go to drivers is my guess. Mac Boston is getting 11 Sennas. For sure Mac is drawing sales from disgruntled P car fans. My SA even admitted it.
I can't wait for the 600LT.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:49 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

At this point I know many that will try to make something else work on track, just to spite or at least because they are sick of dealing with Porsche.
I have friends trying to secure me an allocation. I’m careful not to a beg / pay over MSRP / call in favors or owe anyone for one because I’m trying to keep the bad taste out of my mouth. But the love has gone for the brand.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:31 AM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 681 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Exactly my thoughts. Not sure how I ended up with my 997 RS, must have been s*it luck. The Porsche allocation process is a joke. My Mac dealer told me that the Senna allocation process was done by McLaren. Dealer submits names of those interested to McLaren. McLaren checks them out and interviews them. They decide and want the cars to go to drivers is my guess. Mac Boston is getting 11 Sennas. For sure Mac is drawing sales from disgruntled P car fans. My SA even admitted it.
I can't wait for the 600LT.
It is true that McLaren vetted out the applicants based on certain criteria, but there was no 'interview'.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:33 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 295 Posts

600lt is very very very interesting to me. Ultimately I got an Rs.2 at sticker BUT I am still very very interested in the 600lt. Exhaust sounds amazing from the JWW video at Goodwood! Weight loss is amazing and the Senna seats and carbon diffuser are mega!!
Old 07-13-2018, 10:49 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Does McLaren even warranty their cars if you track them? For some reason i remember reading that they did not. Maybe somebody can verify this. We know Porsche has in the past.

Personally, the ADM games don’t really bother me. I like the brand a lot and understand these cars are in demand, especially GT cars. I pretty much ignore MSRP, and just determine the market. If the market is too high (i.e. 997 GT3 RS or RS 4.0) i just accept the fact that i either cannot or will not pay the market price. I do not blame Porsche. They make a great product and charge a very fair price. But the market unfortunately pushes those prices up, fully understanding that the products are under priced, and dealerships profit from that. Capitalism. I also don’t blame Porsche when someone feels they got screwed by a salesman or dealer. Not enough cars to go around. Some win, some lose. I also don’t blame Porsche for making fewer cars than the demand. They want to maintain exclusivity.

If i was ready to buy a new GT3 i would maybe accept $10k over, but over that i just don’t see the value. For a new RS, maybe $25k over. I look at the car, and the competition, and then decide if that market price is acceptable. If so, i buy it and move on. But...i keep my cars. And everyone is entitled to their view on MSRP, dealerships, etc. I don’t have a problem with other people thinking completely differently. We all vote with our wallets.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:39 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Not sure how I ended up with my 997 RS, must have been s*it luck.
Pre-automatic days. The speculator and poser factor was much lower. How many value threads were floating around in the 997.1/2 days? A tiny fraction.

Going frogger on your .1 RS, that was s*it luck. Who knew?

Originally Posted by robmypro
I do not blame Porsche. They make a great product and charge a very fair price. But the market unfortunately pushes those prices up, fully understanding that the products are under priced, and dealerships profit from that.

Don't blame Porsche either. Great brand, great engineers, and they make stellar products that keep getting better. Unfortunately they appear to have little control over the US dealer network and I believe quite a few - not all - are doing harm to the brand. And I'm not talking specifically about ADM. Time will tell. It's all wine and roses when the economy is going gangbusters and money is cheap.

Whoever you blame, current Porsche GT car strategy is allowing McLaren to establish a solid beachhead in the U.S. Local McLaren dealer is selling easy 10x the number of cars verses GT cars being sold by Porsche dealer down the street. Personally, I wouldn't even be looking at 600LT if I knew I was getting 2RS, but now I'm in their showroom every other week talking cars with the guys and it's enjoyable. No games, no bull and the cars rock.

Last edited by Nizer; 07-13-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Quick Reply: McLaren Success