Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dundon Finger Follower Wear/Cam Wear Fix Update, and Engine Health Monitoring Intro

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 10:58 PM
drbooba1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what is the consensus here was this dropped, Performance Developments has touted a successful development are these products available?
Old 09-12-2018, 11:20 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera2RS
Any more news on these updates and insight ?
Originally Posted by drbooba1
So what is the consensus here was this dropped, Performance Developments has touted a successful development are these products available?
Not dropped. But slowed down, as everyone is happy with 10 year engine warranty. We have the parts. Been a busy summer, engine builds are for the winter anyway
Old 09-13-2018, 12:08 PM
kaboobie
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Some how my country (Thailand) don't get the 10 year world wide warranty. Plus there are a lot of cars from the UK here which the local dealer don't take responsible for. Therefore these owners must seek other alternatives or you can ship the cars to be repaired in the UK which costs around $30,000 and god knows how long that takes.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:17 PM
drbooba1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I am not mistaken there was a crankshaft damper in the works and I believe someone had the wherewithal to analyze the benefit, results or data from tests has that been done?

regards
Old 09-13-2018, 01:44 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by kaboobie
Some how my country (Thailand) don't get the 10 year world wide warranty. Plus there are a lot of cars from the UK here which the local dealer don't take responsible for. Therefore these owners must seek other alternatives or you can ship the cars to be repaired in the UK which costs around $30,000 and god knows how long that takes.
10 year or 120k mile warranty is global. Everyone gets it. If anyone is told different by their dealer have them contact PAG.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:54 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
10 year or 120k mile warranty is global. Everyone gets it. If anyone is told different by their dealer have them contact PAG.
I think the potential problem is with cars imported from another market. When I was in Malaysia there were many cars imported from other RHD markets and the single official importer for the country declined to recognize them. Eventually they offered a program for a substantial fee to inspect and "certify" the cars for Malaysia. Maybe something similar in Thailand? Alternative being to ship the car back to a dealer in the country of origin as he described.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:22 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by zedcat
I think the potential problem is with cars imported from another market. When I was in Malaysia there were many cars imported from other RHD markets and the single official importer for the country declined to recognize them. Eventually they offered a program for a substantial fee to inspect and "certify" the cars for Malaysia. Maybe something similar in Thailand? Alternative being to ship the car back to a dealer in the country of origin as he described.
Not sure about any of that! Best to have them contact PAG for guidance. We were told all cars were covered.

Quick Reply: Dundon Finger Follower Wear/Cam Wear Fix Update, and Engine Health Monitoring Intro