Sponsored by:

NYC detailer - cross thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts
Default NYC detailer - cross thread

I'm still learning to adapt to owning a car in NYC, coming from Houston. Ilko was super helpful on teaching me the ins/outs of "dry cleaning" a car; pretty amazing stuff.

As an alternative, anyone have a trusted detailer, mobile or otherwise? I'm on uws. And, specifically, last wkend I went for a drive. While roads were totally dry, we ran into some salt dust. Any recommendations on what I should do to clean suspension/undercarriage to avoid any salt issues?
Old 01-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Matt Justin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best of the best in NYC (I believe) is Larry at AMMO. He's super well known, and if you don't use his personal detailing service, he also sells his products. https://www.ammonyc.com/about/ Other than him, I'm not sure. Sorry I can't help more!

Addition to original post: I just remembered there is also a shop called Detailing Dynamics in (I think) Long Island. They are also highly regarded and a friend of mine was very happy with results there.

Last edited by Matt Justin; 01-04-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:17 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm going to give the guys at Enthusiast Details (http://www.enthusiastdetails.com/) a go on my latest purchase. They're out of the City but a pretty easy train ride back down once you drop the car off.

I was looking for a shop that does CQuartz Finest or Modesta and they do both - have not tried them yet though.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:04 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
i personally know of Detailing Dynamics (ask for Ed), been there a few times before, they are the best and most high end in the Tri-state aera, and Enthusiast Details has a good reputation also.

both will do a great job with a nice high end detail.

if you want a high end Car wash/hand wash to get all the salt off and don't need a full detail there's a place in Astoria queens called Hydros Auto Spa (ask for Edwin) which will take care of anything you need and you don't have to worry about them screwing up the car. they are 10 minutes from you on a Saturday morning.

I must say im a little upset no one reached out to me and invited me on this drive (thats my fake Jewish guilt)
+1 for Detailing Dynamics (amazing work) and thanks for the tip on Hydros Auto Spa! I tried Williamsburg Handwash & Detail last winter after they salted the roads and was not impressed - really aggressive wash & dry - swirl city. To be fair, car was super clean so...

FWIW, best thing I ever did for my sanity in NYC was a full PPF wrap over the whole car. The car gets detailed once or twice a year and the rest of the time it's waterless wash/quick detail in the garage.....
Old 01-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

i personally know of Detailing Dynamics (ask for Ed), been there a few times before, they are the best and most high end in the Tri-state aera, and Enthusiast Details has a good reputation also.

if you want a high end Car wash/hand wash to get all the salt off and don't need a full detail there's a place in Astoria queens called Hydros Auto Spa (ask for Edwin) which will take care of anything you need and you don't have to worry about them screwing up the car. they are 10 minutes from you on a Saturday morning.

I must say im a little upset no one reached out to me and invited me on this drive (thats my fake Jewish guilt)
Originally Posted by ajw45
+1 for Detailing Dynamics (amazing work) and thanks for the tip on Hydros Auto Spa! I tried Williamsburg Handwash & Detail last winter after they salted the roads and was not impressed - really aggressive wash & dry - swirl city. To be fair, car was super clean so...

FWIW, best thing I ever did for my sanity in NYC was a full PPF wrap over the whole car. The car gets detailed once or twice a year and the rest of the time it's waterless wash/quick detail in the garage.....
Yep. Full PPF on the way
Old 01-04-2017, 07:17 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

U r right. Should have been another green RS on ride nyday. Pm u next time for sure.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:18 AM
gn993s
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Detailing Dynamics. The only way to go. Over the years they have done all of my cars.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:21 AM
smuoio
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Good to learn of these new places. Not for detailing, but just a decent hand wash I have been driving up to Splash in Greenwhich, or Porsche Larchmont, where they have been great about doing a quick wash for me. (all of my cars were purchased there.)
Old 01-05-2017, 01:11 PM
nimprojects
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So glad this thread got started. I was thinking of asking the same question, as I have a C4S arriving in a few months and need to figure out a place to wash my car + decide what I'm doing for PPF, coating etc. I'm in Williamsburg, so Hyrdos looks perfect for washes.

Detailing Dynamics consistently comes up as the top place for PPF etc. What's a ballpark figure for a full PPF from them? I want to eliminate edges and the idea of some panels not being covered bugs me as I think I'll notice it (car is Fashion Grey).

Anyone used any of these other places (good to have options)?

Detailers Domain
Executive Paint Protection
Art of Warp
Jus Detailing

Thanks a lot, any insight much appreciated.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I'm going to give the guys at Enthusiast Details (http://www.enthusiastdetails.com/) a go on my latest purchase. They're out of the City but a pretty easy train ride back down once you drop the car off.

I was looking for a shop that does CQuartz Finest or Modesta and they do both - have not tried them yet though.
To clarify, they are not Modesta installers and do not have access to the product line.

To find qualified and authorized Modesta installers, look at their locator map: http://modestanorthamerica.com/installers.html
Old 01-06-2017, 08:14 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
To clarify, they are not Modesta installers and do not have access to the product line.

To find qualified and authorized Modesta installers, look at their locator map: http://modestanorthamerica.com/installers.html
Thanks for the heads up - I have to admit I looked only on the CQuartz website and found them there as that is what I'm leaning towards. Turns out there is a Modesta installer not far from me as well, so might check them out too.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:03 AM
ArtF10
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had a long relationship with DetailersDomain and have always been very happy. Phil does great work and is a great guy.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:50 PM
nimprojects
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ArtF10
I have had a long relationship with DetailersDomain and have always been very happy. Phil does great work and is a great guy.
Thanks. Good to know.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:56 PM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 53 Posts

http://www.detailingdynamics.com been going to them since 2005 with my 360, my GT3, and my daily drivers. Simply the best and down-to-earth no BS guys. They consistently go above and beyond anything I ask for
Old 01-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Banango
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 Detailing Dynamics for all our cars. They also offer more than detailing and auto cosmetics. Eddie and Matt's service and care are second to none. Their staff is of a very high standard. As well as their customers' plaudits seen here, they are recognised as the best by suppliers, if one cares to go "up" the chain to check.

Quick Reply: NYC detailer - cross thread