Sponsored by:

New White GT3 RS available now, stripper build

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 05:23 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
So the dealer would have a $40k over bucket, a $30k over bucket, and so on.

Ouch!

Heck, I might have a better shot if PCNA went to a resume system like Ford.

Ryan
Not sure I follow your commentary regarding the 'buckets'. To be clear, this is a model they are considering for future deals. I'm still getting my RS at list.
However, I want to know if I'll have an option in the future to still purchase GT/specialty cars at list. And if not, do I get a different price than some 'Joe Schmo' from out of state.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

The cleaning lady says Joe Schmo gets a discount.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:26 PM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
The GM at my dealer indicated they are considering moving to an 'over list' model as they are leaving 10's of thousands of dollars on the table. I intend to discuss my options with him at the appropriate time.
I think PCNA has to figure out how they want this to work. Your dealer is leaving a lot of money on the table. Particularly in the short term. If PCNA really cared, they could have incentives in place that would balance this situation out. If your dealer got 2x or 3x as many cars as the non-MSRP dealer down the street because they can move them as quick as they show up, it would offset not charging the premium and they would broaden their customer base.

Who knows. There are probably some franchise agreements that prevent a tiny dealer by volume from getting a disproportionate number of GT cars compared to the monster dealership on the other side of town.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:31 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
Not sure I follow your commentary regarding the 'buckets'. To be clear, this is a model they are considering for future deals. I'm still getting my RS at list.
However, I want to know if I'll have an option in the future to still purchase GT/specialty cars at list. And if not, do I get a different price than some 'Joe Schmo' from out of state.
I was eluding to a graduated list where a prospective buyer tells the dealer how much over they will pay. Then the dealer just works their way down the list. Other than friends of the owner no one would ever see MSRP in this scenario.

Ryan
Old 12-29-2016, 05:32 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by horns
I called them too and got a similar ADM. I told them the number didn't work for me, and they asked what I needed. We didn't find a common ground, but they voluntarily told me that they were given the car for meeting their goals and that Porsche knew the car was going to sell for over MSRP.

It's too bad the MSRP dealers are out of allocations though it's easy to understand why. If only Porsche would give those dealers more cars. I have no idea how the full allocation process works, but it would be nice if there was some very heavily weighted factor that included "days to sell" on the GT cars. Dealers could ask for a 50k premium, but while that car sits, the car down the street sells at sticker and the allocation faucet opens up for them.

I wonder if we'll see a bigger than usual price bump with the .2 cars so PCNA can cash in on some of the fun.
Interesting idea of having how quickly GT cars influence future GT allocations, I like it. Stealers like Auto Gallery who sit on their RSs for 6+ months asking stupid prices would then be shut out. I like it. haha

PCNA needs to jack up the base MSRP price of the .2GT3 to $160k+ to cool the heels of some buyers.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:49 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
So I agree. I don't think they are about relationships and they make no bones about it. A bunch of people here have purchased cars from them because they have the car. They are high volume enough that they seem to get the allocation and cars.
You are right, they don't care about relationships, although when I bought my 911 from them this year they really made an effort to tell me they wanted me to be a repeat customer (knew I buy cars often and have used a competing dealer). Problem is for that to happen, they have to care about relationships. In addition to the 911 I bought from them, I told them I am likely to buy the new panamera in the next year and had an interest in a gt car (more 991.2s but also current rs). That could be 3 highly-priced cars over 12 months, but a dealer has to hold up their end of the bargain to get that business from me. I'd be willing to pay over sticker for this rs, but I'm not going to engage in the bidding game. Such bush league.

Originally Posted by tgibrit
they are expecting $25K-40K over, i am not even going to bid. i hate buying cars this way. i had a deposit with a local dealer for .2 RS at MSRP, they are now backing of this and lucky me i can stay on their list to buy at whatever arbitrary premium they choose to set when my turn comes. i am probably in a small minority but for me this is completely switching me off Porsche - looking at mclarens or even a z06.
Not sure if that's a minority or not, but count me in that group.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
If they are going to be blatant about it, just freaking put the allocation on Ebay and get it over with quickly. Not string it out by calling dozens of people telling them the bid is a X over now and if they want to bid higher.
eBay would actually be better. Then you would know the highest bid and when the auction ends. At least there would be some transparency. Here there is no transparency. Again, maybe this process is ok for others, but it rubs me the wrong way, there are other options (either staying in the P family or different manufacturers).
Old 12-29-2016, 07:58 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 929 Likes on 533 Posts

i am glad to report that I just bought this car, yes I paid a premium ; I have been looking for a car for a while and actually this past week I was offered three cars and this one was the cheapest as far as asking over MSRP , and the GM was nice to work with, so hope to have the car soon
and I would like to extend my appreciation to RL member JLee504 for the tip
Old 12-29-2016, 08:11 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
i am glad to report that I just bought this car, yes I paid a premium ; I have been looking for a car for a while and actually this past week I was offered three cars and this one was the cheapest as far as asking over MSRP , and the GM was nice to work with, so hope to have the car soon
Exciting days ahead, congrats.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:26 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

congrats!!! See you at C&C!!!
Old 12-29-2016, 09:44 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Glad to hear the car went to someone on RL. Still don't like how they handled the whole thing.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:34 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

thanks Carol and everyone for their kind words
Old 12-30-2016, 06:50 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Sweet. I hope you put a bunch of enjoyable miles on the car. What a great car.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:00 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

thanks Carol and everyone for their kind words
"J" - any plans to track this one?
Old 12-31-2016, 12:03 AM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JLee is the man> Nice Pitt
Old 12-31-2016, 07:50 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

"J" - any plans to track this one?
I Have been doing some driving schools preparing myself to Pittrace
Did M school, and Porsche driving experience this year
doing AMG school in a couple of months at road Atlanta
Soon kids will be done with college, so that will free up some money. College expenses are out of control !!

Quick Reply: New White GT3 RS available now, stripper build