Sponsored by:

991 GT3 VALUES

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 06:29 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3R-S
Will i be able to obtain a low to mid mileage 2014-2016 GT3 For 90-115k when the manual .2 gt3 comes out?
Of course you will. Look, I found you one already.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-sad-pics.html
Old 12-21-2016, 06:53 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ That wasn't nice, it's the Xmas season (for most).
Old 12-21-2016, 07:02 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Of course you will. Look, I found you one already.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-sad-pics.html
Thats funny
Old 12-22-2016, 11:50 PM
TimeWaitsFNM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These cars are an incredible value for their price point.

I ended up going with a 2015 GT3 vs a custom order 2017 Turbo S (or huracan, or R8, or mclaren) not only for the difference in the test drive, but the lack of depreciation by comparison.

It is priced very well as it is, and without any competition in the range it will hold much better than more higher priced cars.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:36 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

^This that and here , thanks and congrats

joking just copying yellow birds contentless posts

seriously you have really centered the question

GT3 was (as in production) and is (as used market)
the last product tulp-bubble free (or really marginally impacted)

the remainder is just a big flipping game where 1 flipper wins and all the others loose
Old 12-23-2016, 09:02 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,785 Likes on 2,193 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
the remainder is just a big flipping game where 1 flipper wins and all the others loose
Actually, in a series of flips of the same car, everyone wins until the last guy, who loses a lot because he paid a lot and can't find a buyer except at a much lower price. The fact that so many win and only one loses is part of the reason why bubbles develop and can grow for a long time before bursting - with so many people winning and no one losing (yet), we all think that if someone will eventually lose, it will be someone else.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:40 PM
SpeeddemonC2
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Actually, in a series of flips of the same car, everyone wins until the last guy, who loses a lot because he paid a lot and can't find a buyer except at a much lower price. The fact that so many win and only one loses is part of the reason why bubbles develop and can grow for a long time before bursting - with so many people winning and no one losing (yet), we all think that if someone will eventually lose, it will be someone else.
Have no sympathy for anyone who pays over MSRP and then gets stuck with a loss whether it is flipper #2 or 5! It is like gambling in Vegas, you know what you are getting yourself into before you do it! I personally will NOT play that game! That is one of the reasons I do not own an RS because my dealership would not sell one to me at MSRP!
Old 12-23-2016, 06:27 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

I for one don't feel one bit sorry for someone who gets caught in the flipping game. Nobody makes you buy anything but greed can tear people apart. I buy what I want and have never bought something worrying what it would be worth down the road.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:20 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Just for chits and giggles called on a new RS today. $216K MSRP. UV. They wanted $55K over.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:54 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
Have no sympathy for anyone who pays over MSRP and then gets stuck with a loss whether it is flipper #2 or 5! It is like gambling in Vegas, you know what you are getting yourself into before you do it! I personally will NOT play that game! That is one of the reasons I do not own an RS because my dealership would not sell one to me at MSRP!
Originally Posted by bronson7
I for one don't feel one bit sorry for someone who gets caught in the flipping game. Nobody makes you buy anything but greed can tear people apart. I buy what I want and have never bought something worrying what it would be worth down the road.
The way the dealer flipping game works no one ever looses big, on the way up each dealer makes money as he sells it to the next dealer. Obviously each subsequent dealer thinks he is going to make money, perhaps he feels his market supports the higher ask.

Dealers are smart, when the market cools if dealers own most of the cars in play they somewhat control the market price.

When prices start to decline the last dealer will take a small loss and pass the car to another dealer, so on and so forth with no dealer taking a huge loss. Again dealers are smart.

Ryan
Old 12-23-2016, 09:37 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ the flipping game is an issue created by the general public not the dealers. i dont own a dealership. i buy and sell often. usually lose money. well actually ALWAYS lose money. we have 10% tax and no trade in benefit.

i prefer selling to dealer. why? b/c i offer my cars here cheaply then i get tire kickers.
dealers? they call they pay same day.

and buyers more than happy to pay up to buy from dealer, so i am happy, dealers is happy.

to stop dealer flipping, no way.
goto marketplace read the commenrts of the peanut gallery ...

why would i bother. i just sold one of my GT4 to dealer at 85k. it sold at 100 from dealer . i am happy they are happy. so flip away...
Old 12-23-2016, 09:44 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Delete to Mooty's green walls.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:39 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

You're missing one important line of reasoning.....just like the stock market, even an announcement sends prices down. Just yesterday I was marveling at a 10% drop since July on '15s with the higher miles.

In these scenarios, there are guys that sell immediately so they maximize their capital retention. So more supply. Likewise, there are guys that may have been buyers but will now go for a new one. So less demand.

So do not think even your upper limit will be reached by early delivery time.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:40 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,769 Likes on 4,771 Posts

I'm confused.

What's wrong with making money?
Old 12-23-2016, 11:39 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

I am going to go with a 991 GT3 and place an order for a AMG GT-R; those will be the two cars in the stable for awhile and not really concerned over prices. Why? Because those are two cars that I feel offer the best dollar to excitement ratio; and yes, I made that up...

As far as the pricing, lets objectify the situation as best we can...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 VALUES