Sponsored by:

Waiting for the 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 09:03 AM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Waiting for the 991.2 GT3

Hi all, long time lurker on the forum. Currently own a 991.1 C2S but I'm on a "list" at two separate dealers for the incoming GT3. I've read here it'll possibly be launched at Geneva. Anyone got more recent updates from their dealer?
Old 12-20-2016, 09:23 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mad_max
Hi all, long time lurker on the forum. Currently own a 991.1 C2S but I'm on a "list" at two separate dealers for the incoming GT3. I've read here it'll possibly be launched at Geneva. Anyone got more recent updates from their dealer?
What kind of updates are you looking for? Launch in Geneva, MT option, 3.8/4.0 engine, at least that's what most are saying. There's a thread or two on everyone's predictions, including all the cleaning ladies. Note: Beware, some RL's have better cleaning ladies than others.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:44 AM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
What kind of updates are you looking for? Launch in Geneva, MT option, 3.8/4.0 engine, at least that's what most are saying. There's a thread or two on everyone's predictions, including all the cleaning ladies. Note: Beware, some RL's have better cleaning ladies than others.
I'm on a lot of forums but never heard the joke about "cleaning ladies", what does that mean? LOL

I'm also 'newer' to Porsches (had a long list of BMWs and currently own two of them in addition to the 911) . What are the price predictions, would it be in the same price point as the 991.1?
Old 12-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Seranad
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i expect a 5% higher price than for the 991.1 gt3 based on previous porsche pricing
navigation could be included as is with the 991.2 base models

tricky part is the manual option - no cost option, a deduction or an extra cost? :-)
i expect it to be a no cost option but maybe as an extra the single mass fly wheel

4.0l with 495 hp says my souce

wing delete is still unconfirmed

new colours? i dont know

supposedly press release and configurator even before geneva - but i guess we will have to see
Old 12-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

I spoke to my dealer yesterday regarding a PTS and he stated they are just waiting for configuration details, but its a go. I have had a deposit for over a year (want the manual) and is looking like feb for configurations to the dealers and march for us to order with aug, sept ship dates. this is just what the sales rep had told me. I am trying to decide to get a PTS option or not.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:46 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by mad_max
I'm on a lot of forums but never heard the joke about "cleaning ladies", what does that mean? LOL

The Cleaning Lady is the nick name of the person who supposedly given us the information (about the upcoming car).
Old 12-20-2016, 01:08 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
I spoke to my dealer yesterday regarding a PTS and he stated they are just waiting for configuration details, but its a go. I have had a deposit for over a year (want the manual) and is looking like feb for configurations to the dealers and march for us to order with aug, sept ship dates. this is just what the sales rep had told me. I am trying to decide to get a PTS option or not.
Not sure if it will affect your decision, but PTS typically delays production (sometimes just a little and sometimes by a few months). If your timeline is accurate, this could push your build into the colder months (in some parts of the world).
Old 12-20-2016, 01:15 PM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

In configurator 21st february
World launch march 7th
Old 12-20-2016, 01:18 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

i live in the south so no winter, plus we spend the summer on the boat until october, then it would be car time. I fear getting a voodoo blue or birch green would make me happy at first, but i may get tired of it quickly, not sure what to do
Old 12-20-2016, 01:28 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

deleted
Old 12-20-2016, 02:18 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

i live in the south so no winter, plus we spend the summer on the boat until october, then it would be car time. I fear getting a voodoo blue or birch green would make me happy at first, but i may get tired of it quickly, not sure what to do
I had a chance to get a Nogaro Blue RS7 (Audi Exclusive paint like PTS, I guess) and was really on the fence about it. Never done anything like that before coming from a black S6 at the time. Kid you not, it grew on me every day I had the car and even when I was out at half mile events with other RS7s or at C/O, the only car in the group anyone talked about was mine. It got a real cult like following locally and on instagram. So much so that I ended up selling it for 10k OVER MSRP (I got it for 17k under) with 10k miles on it only because that was such a stupid deal to ignore. I miss the car but the "profit" I made bought me a third car garage so I can buy some more cars.

I say if you like one of the PTS colors and actually get an allocation for one that you'd be silly not to take advantage of it. These are special cars, get a special color. It won't stop looking awesome, plus you can always wrap it white once your neighbors start texting you: "hey I saw you fly by just now on the freeway".
Old 12-20-2016, 05:47 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Everyone will be different on PTS colour choices but regardless of the colour, they should always hold a better value than the standard and only you will know whether you get tired of the colour or not. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:38 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Everyone will be different on PTS colour choices but regardless of the colour, they should always hold a better value than the standard and only you will know whether you get tired of the colour or not. Good luck.
Do PTS cars ever resale for so much more than standard colours that they make back the thousands of dollars in additional initial cost on them? I'd have never thought of PTS as a value proposition.

Incidentally, I'm not sure whether it was something someone just made up here or whether there was any substance to the comment but the one thing I'm very interested in finding out is whether the manual will come with the wing or not. I think someone commented here somewhere suggesting that the wing-delete thing a-la-911R would be tied to the manual option such that the PDK cars would have a wing and the manual cars wouldn't.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:13 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

No way there will be a wing-delete
Old 12-21-2016, 10:17 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
I say if you like one of the PTS colors and actually get an allocation for one that you'd be silly not to take advantage of it. These are special cars, get a special color. It won't stop looking awesome, plus you can always wrap it white once your neighbors start texting you: "hey I saw you fly by just now on the freeway".
What's the most sought after PTS color on GT cars?

Quick Reply: Waiting for the 991.2 GT3