Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolex 24 Hour January 27 to 29th...who is going???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Is the parking area for the Porsche suite outside or infield?

Flying to Atlanta and having a friend chauffeur me, not driving my GT3 down.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:30 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
anyone that is going to be there on friday come by and see us race our cute little GT4s
Looking forward to it, we will out there with ours. See you soon CJ.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 01-04-2017, 05:03 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Is the parking area for the Porsche suite outside or infield?

Flying to Atlanta and having a friend chauffeur me, not driving my GT3 down.
Porsche VIP parking is directly outside main raceway entry and a couple steps to escalators for suite level
Old 01-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Porsche VIP parking is directly outside main raceway entry and a couple steps to escalators for suite level
Thanks
Old 01-04-2017, 05:18 PM
stuntman
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

anyone that is going to be there on friday come by and see us race our cute little GT4s
I'll see you there. Up until a couple days ago, you were my #1 team. Now I hope you guys get 2nd & 3rd
Old 01-04-2017, 06:31 PM
csfastp
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I will be coming with about 15 friends we are stopping off at Porsche driving experience in Atlanta. We have the track reserved for 4 hours by Park Place Porsche. Then we all go to Daytona for the race. We will be in the Porsche suite.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:53 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Originally Posted by csfastp
I will be coming with about 15 friends we are stopping off at Porsche driving experience in Atlanta. We have the track reserved for 4 hours by Park Place Porsche. Then we all go to Daytona for the race. We will be in the Porsche suite.
Very nice!

I did Petit last year with about a dozen friends (as we do every year).

Lunch at PEC in Atlanta, stayed at a villa at Chateau Elan, Porsche Hospitality tickets.

Plenty of alcohol, cigars, good food, etc.

Probably my favorite weekend of the year.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:48 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by stuntman
I'll see you there. Up until a couple days ago, you were my #1 team. Now I hope you guys get 2nd & 3rd
encore presentation time or what? I thought you went to race with that carbon fiber stuff
Old 01-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Will stop by with my son to say Hi. My son loves GT4's. Don't be surprised if he asks if he can drive a stint.

The kid can definitely wheel a car though.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:28 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Well my quick tally says we'll have 5000 in VIP suites based on all who say they will be there, I'll be the bartender for weekend so stop and say hello .....when I say bartender I mean I'll be sitting at bar reaching over and continually making drinks for myself.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:52 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 561 Posts

Regarding shuttles keep in mind that the Porsche suite and shuttle service close down around 10 pm (or they have the past 3 years in a row). Shuttles might run a bit later (10:30) but after that you are on your own. So if you're in the infield, and you need to get to your car back at the suite parking - it's either the public tram or walking (unless you know someone with a car in the infield, or have a connection to another golf cart shuttle).

I tried to rent a golf cart for our personal use. No way for a private individual to do so. Those of you with corporate connections to vendors might have some luck. My husband has serious back problems and can't walk terribly far - so it would have been nice to have a cart but no luck. Tried to do it through Porsche (willing to pay whatever) - no dice. He has handicap placard and medical "proof" of disability. It's not the easiest venue for folks with mobility challenges.

We are taking the year off.

If you want hospitality that lasts the entire 24 hours of the Race - get a ticket to the Rolex suite which is just down the hall from the Porsche suite. They are open overnight. But no shuttle service. I think they offer parking - but we parked at the Porsche suite.

Rolex suite included food and full bar (not just beer/wine). Food was okay. Bathrooms were quite nice (and us ladies tend to care about that).

Personally - I preferred when Porsche hospitality was in the infield near turn 1. Much easier to walk around, see the race and then return to the suite for a bite/drink. I know they couldn't hold nearly as many people in that tent, and in the "outfield" suites they can add several rooms to accommodate more people. But then you are forced to shuttle between infield and suite, and suite closes at night.

I had a blast the past few years and will likely return 2018 with some friends.
I walked 7-10 miles each day (Fri-Sat-Sun) and that includes using the golf cart shuttles!
Old 01-05-2017, 01:24 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Well my quick tally says we'll have 5000 in VIP suites based on all who say they will be there, I'll be the bartender for weekend so stop and say hello .....when I say bartender I mean I'll be sitting at bar reaching over and continually making drinks for myself.
Petit headcount is about 200 people, not sure about Daytona.

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Regarding shuttles keep in mind that the Porsche suite and shuttle service close down around 10 pm (or they have the past 3 years in a row). Shuttles might run a bit later (10:30) but after that you are on your own. So if you're in the infield, and you need to get to your car back at the suite parking - it's either the public tram or walking (unless you know someone with a car in the infield, or have a connection to another golf cart shuttle).

I tried to rent a golf cart for our personal use. No way for a private individual to do so. Those of you with corporate connections to vendors might have some luck. My husband has serious back problems and can't walk terribly far - so it would have been nice to have a cart but no luck. Tried to do it through Porsche (willing to pay whatever) - no dice. He has handicap placard and medical "proof" of disability. It's not the easiest venue for folks with mobility challenges.

We are taking the year off.

If you want hospitality that lasts the entire 24 hours of the Race - get a ticket to the Rolex suite which is just down the hall from the Porsche suite. They are open overnight. But no shuttle service. I think they offer parking - but we parked at the Porsche suite.

Rolex suite included food and full bar (not just beer/wine). Food was okay. Bathrooms were quite nice (and us ladies tend to care about that).

Personally - I preferred when Porsche hospitality was in the infield near turn 1. Much easier to walk around, see the race and then return to the suite for a bite/drink. I know they couldn't hold nearly as many people in that tent, and in the "outfield" suites they can add several rooms to accommodate more people. But then you are forced to shuttle between infield and suite, and suite closes at night.

I had a blast the past few years and will likely return 2018 with some friends.
I walked 7-10 miles each day (Fri-Sat-Sun) and that includes using the golf cart shuttles!
I prefer the tent at Petit to the suites at Daytona or COTA.

The catering at Petit is third party and sublime, the same provider that the team uses for all testing and races - and also Audi turn one club at Sebring; COTA is mediocre, we shall see what DIS provides.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:03 PM
stuntman
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

encore presentation time or what? I thought you went to race with that carbon fiber stuff
Still banned so I won't get to play. I'll be there in carbon stuff but you also have to race carbon thingies...Not sure how that's fair. Similar sized engines, twin turbo is and a carbon chassis vs your NA bugs with struts.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:12 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Yup, it's not the big show but we'll have our 2 GMG MR Spec Cayman GT4 Clubsports running in the IMSA CONTI GS Race on Friday, please come by and say hi to the team.....

CJ and I are going to try and beat up on the big V8's and Twin Turbos!!!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 01-05-2017, 02:13 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by stuntman
Still banned so I won't get to play. I'll be there in carbon stuff but you also have to race carbon thingies...Not sure how that's fair. Similar sized engines, twin turbo is and a carbon chassis vs your NA bugs with struts.
well hopefully we get to take off the ballast then. should speed up the whole class. I Really feel bad for the aston dudes they will be mopping up the rear

Quick Reply: Rolex 24 Hour January 27 to 29th...who is going???