Sponsored by:

991.2 GTS, GT3, GT2, GT3 RS, Mission E - Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 06:57 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Seranad
"And of course, Preuninger isn't about to forget the track rats either. There's a new GT3 RS on its way and, yes, it'll be PDK only."

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...as-preuninger/

i guess that clears it up for all the doubters out there that we have seen the last 991 RS
nope. sorry. another one coming!
Yup, my guess is that it comes out in Geneva in March 2018. Good old Porsche, building more GT cars....good job guys!
Old 03-22-2017, 06:58 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MoeGt3
Guessing everyone forgot about the Cayenne Coupe.. It could be this

Looks like a Panny Whale and a Macan had a mutant baby. BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!
Old 03-22-2017, 07:51 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Looks like a dog taking a dump...

However in fairness there is cladding over the front fenders adding to that effect. PAG's X6 is almost here.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:30 PM
Luke Artzt
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that not just a lifted mule of the new Panamera with some added fenders/skirts?
Old 03-22-2017, 08:54 PM
Maxant13
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mission E under that bin of parts they threw together.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:22 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Mission E to cost less than Panamera??

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...panamera-sedan

My thoughts were this thing would be like $150K and overpriced. I suppose to break into the market they need to be attainable.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:24 PM
Omi
AutoX

Originally Posted by Omi
No. Porsche is a business. They sold thousands of RSs at an ASP north of US$200k and there is nothing to indicate that the market has disappeared or even been diminished. The connection to an FIA certified class in racing is desirable but not a requirement and will not impact the number of sales as seen in the .1 3/RSs. The product planning division will have an updated plan to continue to offer a compelling product. Business will all but certainly continue with that plan including the scheduled addition of a 2RS.

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Keep saying that a million times and it might come true in a parallel universe.

As you said, Porsche is a business. Their bread and butter is SUVs and sedans now. World wide, only about 1/6 of the cars sold are 911s. Of that, maybe around 10% are the GT models, and in 2016, that would be the GT3RS and some Rs.

A GT3RS is not a big product within Porsche's numbers. Especially for 2017 they will have another GT3 and GT2RS to fill that market.

But Porsche is a racing company too, and if you read the rules, you will know they needed a car to base the race car on.
No parallel universe is needed, only the regular march of time. Porsche is a business, and business continues as scheduled with new compelling products.

The only wishing being done is on the part of enthusiasts. RS is not a magical name, it's a registered mark, and 4.0 is not a magical number in engineering, it's a product planning decision.

These things matter in this fashion only to enthusiasts, and only because Porsche themselves made them magical. If it was 4.0 yesterday, Porsche will make a new number magical tomorrow and enthusiasts will clamor for that. Porsche is a large company but they are not Toyota and will not ignore ongoing demand. They are not in that position. They will produce as many GT cars as they can to maintain strong sales. They will not be leaving money on the table and the world will continue to turn.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:36 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Here's an interesting concept.

My old design-school roommate recently drew this up. Taking Mission-E design cues, traditional 911 design cues, and melding them together (with a bit of Futurism thrown in).

More renderings here.

- Andrew

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 04-11-2017, 04:44 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

^^^ He's got a good imagination. I'm glad to see that it still has a steering wheel.

And, I won't ask to see it in voodoo blue.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:39 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Great thread!

Can I ask, how many cars does a new client likely need to buy to get serious consideration for GT/RS cars and other special cars in a major metropolitan European dealership? FYI no European dealers charge over msrp.

I know they have several long standing good clients, but I was wondering, if I am buying a 991.2 GT3 (been waiting a long long time), along with the New Cayenne this year, and wanted the upcoming 3RS or a reasonably limited end of 991 NA car, will I likely get one? I would also happily give a letter of intent on the Miasiom E.

I ask because I barely got a a GT3 (letter of intent was given in 2014) and it will be a very late build. I am hoping buying the cayenne and wanting to place a deposit for a third car, in such a short period, will make a big difference.

Would it make a difference if I also commited to only trading/selling it with the same dealer if I wanted a change within a couple years of purchase?

Three high value cars in a 12/18 months (depending on release) should make me a medium/high value customer I hope.

Advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2017, 10:19 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Great thread!

Can I ask, how many cars does a new client likely need to buy to get serious consideration for GT/RS cars and other special cars in a major metropolitan European dealership? FYI no European dealers charge over msrp.

I know they have several long standing good clients, but I was wondering, if I am buying a 991.2 GT3 (been waiting a long long time), along with the New Cayenne this year, and wanted the upcoming 3RS or a reasonably limited end of 991 NA car, will I likely get one? I would also happily give a letter of intent on the Miasiom E.

I ask because I barely got a a GT3 (letter of intent was given in 2014) and it will be a very late build. I am hoping buying the cayenne and wanting to place a deposit for a third car, in such a short period, will make a big difference.

Would it make a difference if I also commited to only trading/selling it with the same dealer if I wanted a change within a couple years of purchase?

Three high value cars in a 12/18 months (depending on release) should make me a medium/high value customer I hope.

Advice is appreciated.

Thanks
I guess it all depends on how many other VIP's the dealer has.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:22 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

It is not always about how much money you spend.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:41 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 800 Posts

Great thread!

Advice is appreciated.

Thanks
C) Lost their mind or know there are some Porsche lovers that pay any price (buyers that lost their mind)
Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
It is not always about how much money you spend.
+1

Seem when they come on here and are wanting to buy their way to the front of the line.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:42 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Great thread!

Advice is appreciated.

Thanks
I'll never buy a non-GT car because the depreciation is too painful and I have no interest in anything without a wing in the Porsche line up so that'll never make me a VIP client to any dealership. However, I put over 50,000 miles a year on all of my cars and my GT cars get tracked and require additional maintenance so I'm the service departments VIP customer. I know the service department pays all the dealer's bills so we'll see if that gets me a GT car.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:40 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'll never buy a non-GT car because the depreciation is too painful and I have no interest in anything without a wing in the Porsche line up so that'll never make me a VIP client to any dealership. However, I put over 50,000 miles a year on all of my cars and my GT cars get tracked and require additional maintenance so I'm the service departments VIP customer. I know the service department pays all the dealer's bills so we'll see if that gets me a GT car.

Haha. Actually many people have this misconception. If you pick the right cars, at right time, with right options, a lot of non-GT Porsche cars doesn't depreciate much at all. I go through many new non-GT Porsche per year, and I can tell you most of them took less depreciation per year than your Prius

Quick Reply: 991.2 GTS, GT3, GT2, GT3 RS, Mission E - Update