Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: AMG GT R

Old 07-19-2018, 04:21 PM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
My 2 year old has frequently ridden in my Viper since we turned her seat forward at 1. I don't see the issue as long as the airbag is deactivated.
I don’t disagree but apparently my wife has a serious issue with anything before a booster seat up front. My issue but appreciate the input.

Originally Posted by RobbieRob
Nice, the GT3 looks awesome and they look great together. Congratulations on baby#2, great looking family.
Thank you all around 🙏
Old 07-19-2018, 10:20 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
I don’t disagree but apparently my wife has a serious issue with anything before a booster seat up front. My issue but appreciate the input.Thank you all around 🙏
Surprised to see the seat in the front.

In these parts, toddler and infant seats go in the back, rear facing. Recommendation to stay rear facing as long as possible past age 2. I'm itching to get a booster in the rear of my 911 and GT350. They need to get older quick!
Old 07-22-2018, 01:40 AM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Originally Posted by SToronto
Surprised to see the seat in the front.
There’s no backseat so front is only option. It’s an infant seat so technically it would be rear facing when installed. This is why my wife has an issue with it up front and I get it. Should go in a car with a backseat.

In these parts, toddler and infant seats go in the back, rear facing. Recommendation to stay rear facing as long as possible past age 2. I'm itching to get a booster in the rear of my 911 and GT350. They need to get older quick!
Yes same here. I’ll have to wait for a booster to take them in anything with only 2 seats.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:11 PM
tmario
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was fortunate enough to have both my GT3 and GTR on the track this past Sunday. Happy to report that they are both beasts and fun to drive on the track. I was taking it easy on both as not much mileage but even so, they were a lot of fun.

I came away feeling the GT3 was a bit more fun than the MB but the MB benefits from novelty as there are not many out there used this way. So, everyone else at the track enjoyed having that one out there. The MB had some niggles because it seems even in RACE mode, it will help brake the car (disconcerting), the belts cinch up under hard braking (a bit surprising first few times) and the collision avoidance system freaks out for no apparent reason other than I'm going fast and a turn is coming up.

Aside from that I recommend them both highly! (having trouble uploading images...but will keep trying)

Mario
Old 08-28-2018, 02:13 PM
tmario
Rennlist Member

trying again...
Old 08-28-2018, 02:15 PM
tmario
Rennlist Member

my son taking a turn!
Old 08-28-2018, 02:40 PM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Originally Posted by tmario
I was fortunate enough to have both my GT3 and GTR on the track this past Sunday. Happy to report that they are both beasts and fun to drive on the track. I was taking it easy on both as not much mileage but even so, they were a lot of fun.

I came away feeling the GT3 was a bit more fun than the MB but the MB benefits from novelty as there are not many out there used this way. So, everyone else at the track enjoyed having that one out there. The MB had some niggles because it seems even in RACE mode, it will help brake the car (disconcerting), the belts cinch up under hard braking (a bit surprising first few times) and the collision avoidance system freaks out for no apparent reason other than I'm going fast and a turn is coming up.

Aside from that I recommend them both highly! (having trouble uploading images...but will keep trying)

Mario
Very cool. Thanks for sharing your on-track experience. The GTR is definitely a monster in its own right.

Sounds like we should do a gathering for all of us who own a GT3 and GTR haha. I think they make the perfect garage (and track) companions!

Last edited by Mr. Vanos; 02-12-2020 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:45 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by tmario

Mario
When in Race mode you have to go in to ‘Driver’s Assist’ using the left side steering wheel controls; find ‘Collision Braking Assist’ and turn it off. (Those terms might not be the exact one’s MB uses, but I’m away from the car and manual and can’t 100% remember what they are called). Then none of the annoying things you mention will happen.

If you drive in Race mode and completely turn off ESC, (which I do btw and the car is extremely stable), the Collision Braking Assist is automatically then disabled.

Bish
Old 08-28-2018, 08:15 PM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Originally Posted by thebishman
If you drive in Race mode and completely turn off ESC, (which I do btw and the car is extremely stable), the Collision Braking Assist is automatically then disabled.

Bish
Yes. Or if you use the traction dial then everything is turned off since dial doesn’t work unless ESC is off. Best part about the track is playing with traction levels!

Last edited by Mr. Vanos; 02-12-2020 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:18 PM
tmario
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys! I’m glad I mentioned it. Didn’t seem right. I wasn’t going to go into the dial mode as I was trying to take it easy!
Old 09-07-2018, 08:40 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Not a GTR, but if anyone is interested in a sweet GTS....Selling my 2016 166k+ MSRP, ,6900 Miles. See ad.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...msrp-166k.html
Old 11-28-2018, 10:10 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,583 Likes on 732 Posts

Old 11-29-2018, 12:03 AM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Wondering if their "optional full steel roll cage and four-point belts" make it into the US.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:08 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MovingChicane
Wondering if their "optional full steel roll cage and four-point belts" make it into the US.
Nope.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:09 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I dig it. Though I'm holding out for the AMG GT Black Series.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT: AMG GT R