Sponsored by:

OT: AMG GT R

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 01:45 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Wow. That active aero, trans and traction control made the difference here.

Can anyone comment on car that passed ?
It looked like their AMG GT3 race car.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/03/m...#slide-3373199
Old 12-08-2016, 04:38 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

look at 0:20 - 0:25 ... slicks on the wheels instead of SportCup2
Old 12-08-2016, 06:54 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by bccars
look at 0:20 - 0:25 ... slicks on the wheels instead of SportCup2
Was not slicks, it was 4 Celsius, they used tire warmers on the cup 2s.
The following users liked this post:
Traind (12-23-2020)
Old 12-08-2016, 07:51 AM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

That is an incredible time, especially as the driver is not a pro. Did hear from people that were there on the day that the active aero splitter only lasted one lap. But, assuming the car is within some reasonable tolerance to customer cars, it sets the bar very high for Porsche and co.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:11 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Outlaw, you are truly a sour pu$$ and an absolute moron. Be happy with your POS AMG GT as it only took you TEN long years before you can afford one. You are NOT a PORSCHE owner so keep your junk at MBWorld and at AMG PL forum as you have absolutely NO GOOD CONTRIBUTION to this outstanding PORSCHE RENNLIST website.

You have not accepted my decent challenge to you MORON. Bring your AMG GT at Autobahn in Joliet and we race title for title. Please make sure your car is paid for as I do not want to pay off your bank note balance on your POS when I donate your POS AMG GT to my favorite charitable institution. I say it again to you, go get lost moron and just play with yourself as you cannot afford a PORSCHE to appreciate or even to track and or race.

You have so many aliases on m multiple car forums, and are a disgrace in the field of profession of "Defending the poor and protecting the innocent" as you are truly a QUACK Attorney OUTLAW." Just take on my race challenge and get it it over with loser. One last note, you are so CHEAP you post here as a "FREE USER", truly an IDIOT and an imposter.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Outlaw
This is what he wrote last night about amg brand. He goes by "AMG FAN1" over on mercedes forum.

"Hey ROMEOE55 did you really buy an AMG GT are you dreaming wide awake? How long will you fulfill your dream of owning this AMG GT? Is this gonna happen this generation or are you just like to dream?

Why don't I race your well desired AMG GT with my 991 GT3RS and even give you a three second advantage so I can permanently SHUT YOUR BIG A$$ mouth. You are all talk no show. Come to AUTOBAHN in Joliet Illinois and let me race your POS. Bring your title and make sure it is paid for, as if I win I don't want to pay off your debt when I DONATE your car to my favorite charity. . YOU SLIMY D**K. Go get lost will you. BUY the car and shut the F**K up! "

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

This guy, is well ........you can see what a jerk he is.

Last edited by GT3RS-Fan1; 12-08-2016 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typo correction
Old 12-08-2016, 08:50 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

^Really?
Class is defined by ones actions... food for thought.

Back OT: That thing is moving! although, I am not a merc fan, I am quite impressed.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,792 Likes on 2,194 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
Was not slicks, it was 4 Celsius, they used tire warmers on the cup 2s.
Yeah, go to 0:26. You can see the treads.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:19 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is one fast lap! I think what we are finally seeing is that what used to be reserved for the exotic cars and race cars, big aero, is now finally working its way into fast sports cars. Z06, Viper ACR, etc, etc. Big aero grip makes a huge difference on a track like the Ring
Old 12-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Hey Outlaw, you are truly a sour pu$$ and an absolute moron. Be happy with your POS AMG GT as it only took you TEN long years before you can afford one. You are NOT a PORSCHE owner so keep your junk at MBWorld and at AMG PL forum as you have absolutely NO GOOD CONTRIBUTION to this outstanding PORSCHE RENNLIST website.

You have not accepted my decent challenge to you MORON. Bring your AMG GT at Autobahn in Joliet and we race title for title. Please make sure your car is paid for as I do not want to pay off your bank note balance on your POS when I donate your POS AMG GT to my favorite charitable institution. I say it again to you, go get lost moron and just play with yourself as you cannot afford a PORSCHE to appreciate or even to track and or race.

You have so many aliases on m multiple car forums, and are a disgrace in the field of profession of "Defending the poor and protecting the innocent" as you are truly a QUACK Attorney OUTLAW." Just take on my race challenge and get it it over with loser. One last note, you are so CHEAP you post here as a "FREE USER", truly an IDIOT and an imposter.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
I just had to quote this for posterity so I can return to this and chuckle after you (1) either sober up and edit it or (2) get banned.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:32 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Please be civil, everyone. Thank you.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:45 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

This even makes me look civil!!
Old 12-08-2016, 02:54 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

You make me ashamed to be part of this forum.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:59 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by kshu1991
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AtXzca-zSY

AMG GTR 7:11 around nurburgring, Porsche better come up with something to beat it up soon.

Impressive, you can tell they aren't slicks at 0:26.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:56 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Please be civil, everyone. Thank you.
Thank you, Mark.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I love the new AMG GT cars. I encountered one recently on the interstate while in my 997S - I had a real hard time keeping up with that car, immense power. Great looking stance on the road.

Quick Reply: OT: AMG GT R