Sponsored by:

RoW Sport Bucket Seats for the 991 via Carnewal

Old 01-21-2018, 06:14 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Psup4s
This is great news if they are available
You can get them from Suncoast or the Carnewal site, they are for sure available I confirmed with Suncoast myself via email. But hoping to get some answers before I decide either way if it's the right move for me personally Also, they seem to be quite a bit cheaper on the Carnewal site than Suncoast (not sure what that means)
Old 01-21-2018, 09:16 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
You can get them from Suncoast or the Carnewal site, they are for sure available I confirmed with Suncoast myself via email. But hoping to get some answers before I decide either way if it's the right move for me personally Also, they seem to be quite a bit cheaper on the Carnewal site than Suncoast (not sure what that means)
Couldn't find them on Suncoast website. Do they post a price?
Old 01-21-2018, 09:17 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Not sure if I'm allowed to link or not but they are $12k + tax I presume (not cheap). I am leaning towards getting them, but I have a lot of time before I take my delivery so will do more research first. Really like that they are all leather vs leather + Alcantara, as I just am not a fan of the Alcantara in the GT3

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/GT2SEATS.html
Old 01-21-2018, 09:27 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Not sure if I'm allowed to link or not but they are $12k + tax I presume (not cheap). I am leaning towards getting them, but I have a lot of time before I take my delivery so will do more research first. Really like that they are all leather vs leather + Alcantara, as I just am not a fan of the Alcantara in the GT3

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/GT2SEATS.html
Great thanks for the link. It def is a pricey upgrade but Im sure would be worth it. Resale value would still be high if not fully happy with them.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:37 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Still a great seat, I prefer it (in my 997) compared to the current ones in my 991. I recall the bottom cushions are easily removable AND they came with sub strap cut-outs both sides.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:49 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Not a porsche seat but it looks like a good option. I considered a pair for my 991.1.

https://www.sparcousa.com/product/spx
Old 01-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Not a porsche seat but it looks like a good option. I considered a pair for my 991.1.

Nice looking seat with a much better price tag. Only concern would be airbag issue
Old 01-21-2018, 09:56 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Originally Posted by Alan C.

Has to be OEM for me (likely my OCD)

And the current LWBS just don't work well for me, excited by the prospect of the OEM GT2 foldable buckets
Old 01-21-2018, 10:42 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 153 Posts

Just making sure you all saw this line "Not compatible with the new generation 991/981 models."
Old 01-21-2018, 10:56 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Originally Posted by Palting
Just making sure you all saw this line "Not compatible with the new generation 991/981 models."
Yeah I saw that, thanks for pointing that out. Likely (and understandably) trying to just avoid liability issues, etc... A handful of members on here (Jaime @ Dundon, an RS owner) have successfully fit them on their 991 GT3s and without throwing the airbag light.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:57 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,726 Likes on 4,759 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
There you go again. Letting facts get in the way of a good Internet discussion.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:45 AM
Marto
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wanted to bump/revive this thread with a couple questions as I'm also considering this upgrade for my .2 GT3 (mine will have the standard 4 way seats), trying to search around for info..

1) Is there any difference in the *foldable* sport bucket seats offered on the 997 GT3s and current 991 RoW GT3s?

2) I tried researching on comfort for these seats compared to the full LWBS which my body couldn't get comfortable in (sit too far upright, actually not snug enough for me at 6 feet 170 pounds, almost concave like which put a little bit of pressure on my lower back, getting in and out was not fun). I've heard that the foldable "sport bucket seats" recline angle is a little bit less upright and more snug around the legs?

3) Ingress and egress the same difficulty for the foldable buckets compared with LWBS? I would guess that its a bit better since I read that the foldable buckets sit a bit higher, so there is less of a "plop" you need to make getting in the seat, unless the bolsters are also sitting higher...

Granted I know that the bucket seats are meant for racing and we can't have it all, a cushioned sofa style bucket seat LOL (maybe I am describing the 4 ways), but just want to get some info from anyone with experience.

I wish I could just compare the two but here in Hawaii there is just about 0 opportunity. When I get to California this summer hopefully CJ's store will have something I can sit in and have his place do the upgrade if I move forward with it...
1. Don't know.

2. Folding buckets have a fraction more recline, sit a fraction higher and are quite a bit more snug than the fixed buckets, both in the seat and the back. Im not tall but moderately broad across the back (5'10", 180lbs) and felt like I was resting on the bolsters rather than in the seat. If seats were S, M, L sizes, I would say folding buckets are M, fixed are L. My frame fits the fixed seat better. At 6", 170lbs, the folders may well fit you better.

3. Folding bucket bolsters are lower. Ingress / egress is easier with the folding buckets but more because of the lower bolsters than the higher position.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:35 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I tested both the folding buckets and the LWBS before I pulled the trigger on my car:

2) Exactly right. A touch less upright, giving you more comfort, and more room for helmet and hans device. More snug in the leg and hip area, so your body doesn't move around as much. More room in the shoulder area so that doesn't pinch your shoulders forward uncomfortably like the lwbs does.
(I'm of a similar build I presume, 6 feet and 180 pounds)

Just wanted to bump/revive this thread with a couple questions as I'm also considering this upgrade for my .2 GT3 (mine will have the standard 4 way seats), trying to search around for info..

2) I tried researching on comfort for these seats compared to the full LWBS which my body couldn't get comfortable in (sit too far upright, actually not snug enough for me at 6 feet 170 pounds, almost concave like which put a little bit of pressure on my lower back, getting in and out was not fun). I've heard that the foldable "sport bucket seats" recline angle is a little bit less upright and more snug around the legs?
Old 01-22-2018, 12:02 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

FWIW, I've bought from Gert @ Carnewal before and always had a great experience.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:01 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

^+1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RoW Sport Bucket Seats for the 991 via Carnewal