Sponsored by:

RS Availability

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Tosilog
991.1 RS price should hold up well because there will be no .2 RS. It could be the last NA RS. The .2 GT3 should not affect the price as much because it is still not an RS.
+1. an RS is an RS.

If the mt has any effect on prices it will be on the 997 GT cars.

Polls here showed this community was about 50/50 on mt vs. Pdk. Still a lot of people prefer pdk.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:49 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a brand new Lava Orange RS on sale by Garage inc. in Florida with 53miles. They list the price at 249K, but they also listed with Manheim/OVE for $235K. I think it is a relatively low optioned car.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Manheim is wholesale.

So if it's a say $190 k msrp it's 45k over at wholesale.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:35 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah, I learned from Mooty that when it comes to options...less is better....less stuff to break. Plus I track all my GT cars so not a big fan of ceramic brakes...that option buys a lot of tires. Got the car in July so was able to put the break-in miles on the car before it cooled down enough to start tracking (most of us take summers off here on the west coast due to the heat). I should have waited like you did to get a better deal on an allocation but whatever I'll just work harder.
I feel for you. God knows you did everything in your power to talk down the market. I think 991gt3 forum post count dropped in half the day you bought an RS

It's taken me a while to understand how slowly a market like car market can take to roll over. It will try your patience if you are used to markets that price in new info almost instantly.

I finally got my alloc at msrp. Has to literally be one of last to roll off the assembly line (just locked). But I was resolved to the fact I'd either get one at msrp or I wouldn't get one. Funny thing is, they will be trading below msrp by the time mine lands. So, unless you get one early in the cycle, doesn't really matter anyway.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:57 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I wish I had the time and patience to dig posts before the RS was launched,when many were claiming how limited and " impossible " will be to get the car without paying ridiculous markups. I then warned calmly not to fall in disguised dealer posts and people of interest's trap and pay over because Porsche will dump these like there's no tomorrow. Many did not listen and now most dealers are counting their bonuses for the Holidays to come.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:58 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
I wish I had the time and patience to dig posts before the RS was launched,when many were claiming how limited and " impossible " will be to get the car without paying ridiculous markups. I then warned calmly not to fall in disguised dealer posts and people of interest's trap and pay over because Porsche will dump these like there's no tomorrow. Many did not listen and now most dealers are counting their bonuses for the Holidays to come.
...and this game plan will continue with all their GT cars for the future, except specific #'d versions.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:04 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Yup so true ..........I called out my local dealer when I got the same spec car 50k less than they were selling. They asked where did I get the car as they couldn't find the listing. I sent them the delivery picture, and they have since lowered their car 20k still above market. Hold firm and you will get a deal. They turned down cash!
Dealers prefer F&I back end gross over a cash deal.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:21 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Agreed to a point. I just purchased one last week and paid a premium. We are two years in and 3,000 units in RS sales and there are NO cars on dealers floors at MSRP. How many of us got an allocation at MSRP? Just a handful. I could have but I am still 9 cars back on my list. So I guess yes, they made plenty of cars (would they have without diesel gate?) but those who hold the inventory usually win. I hate it but I believe the dealers still hold the advantage..
Old 10-30-2016, 05:38 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Agreed to a point. I just purchased one last week and paid a premium. We are two years in and 3,000 units in RS sales and there are NO cars on dealers floors at MSRP. How many of us got an allocation at MSRP? Just a handful. I could have but I am still 9 cars back on my list. So I guess yes, they made plenty of cars (would they have without diesel gate?) but those who hold the inventory usually win. I hate it but I believe the dealers still hold the advantage..
I understand but many have placed a deposit with their dealers long before the car was announced,were patient and eventually got an allocation at MSRP. Also,the premiums paid today are nowhere near those that were paid when the hype was high.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:02 PM
RadDoc24
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS AVALABLE at MSRP

Hi guys, have a lead on a potential RS landing at a dealer available in Lava Orange. Getting Specs in the next couple of days. Have spread it through my network and thought I would post here as to stop having them deal with clients that aren't serious about cars they have ordered.

SO ONLY PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING WITH CASH, NO TRADES TO MESS WITH. (Sorry just a lot of people out there who keep jerking really good dealers around that only sell at MSRP.)

Hope it helps a lucky Rennlister out there

Quick Reply: RS Availability