"PDK Sport" What does sport mean ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Kobalt,
Later if you continue reading there is continuing main part: M- manual selection mode where there is no mention of "PDK Sport".

Yes, you are right... I edited my post to avoid confusion.
Hate being wrong. I'm gonna double check you guys on Friday: Manual + Full throttle.

What can be the reason not to have the "boost upshift" in Manual mode?
Old 10-25-2016, 05:06 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Sport button screws up shifting and adds no benefit just whacks you on every shift, sometimes enough to upset the cars balance in a corner.
Pit speed button, too complicated and I manage to stay under 35 MPH all by myself in the pit lane.
The exhaust button does also nothing except make fake sound at idle but goes silent as soon you drive off.
I never turn of TC and ESC so all the buttons are a waste of space, absolutely useless..

Other than that, great car
Old 10-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
The exhaust button does also nothing except make fake sound at idle but goes silent as soon you drive off.
I'm hesitant to post this quote from p146 in the Owners manual, but I'll take my chance:

"Sports Exhaust System
When the sports exhaust system is switched on, the exhaust gas backpressure in the lower and middle rpm ranges is reduced in the variable exhaust system. This produces a noticeable increase in torque in the engine speed range between approx. 3,000 and 4,000 rpm."
Old 10-25-2016, 05:27 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Right. But it does that under load at those RPM with button on or button off.
Or so I been told and if I'm wrong I can hear or feel zero difference with the button on or button off, except for at Idle.

Keep that manual handy
Old 10-25-2016, 06:05 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by surfer
+991. Tested this out yesterday driving home from work. Noted a difference in automatic mode but not in manual mode.
In the gt3 there is a difference when you use the pdk sport button while manual shifting. You can only notice the difference near redline as the car will lunge forward when shifting (doesn't do that without pdk sport).
Old 10-25-2016, 06:12 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Kobalt,

you took it out of context. If you have a closer look at the user's manual and how it is organised the part you have quoted is a sub chapter of SELECTOR LEVER POSITIONS, D-Automatic selection mode.
That sub chapter (D-Automatic selection mode) has parts: Basic setting, Switching "PDK Sport" mode on and off, Shifting gears on the steering wheel.
That's it.

Later if you continue reading there is continuing main part: M- manual selection mode where there is no mention of "PDK Sport".

To back it up I tried a couple of times driving in M mode and switching "PDK Sport" on and off. No difference at all. Go out, take a drive and objectively do this test to yourself.
Ding Ding Ding, This one is correct..........
Old 10-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCturbo
In the gt3 there is a difference when you use the pdk sport button while manual shifting. You can only notice the difference near red line as the car will lunge forward when shifting (doesn't do that without pdk sport).
Mine is the same in manual sport or no sport. Lung is caused due to the momentum of internal parts and is only experienced at close to red line. (very high throttle setting) Sport button has no difference when chosen or not if in manual.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:54 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OCturbo
In the gt3 there is a difference when you use the pdk sport button while manual shifting. You can only notice the difference near redline as the car will lunge forward when shifting (doesn't do that without pdk sport).
I did not notice a difference
Old 02-12-2019, 05:23 PM
Freud
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep. Totally agree. Nice to find someone of similar mind All buttons useless waste of time. Too complicated and basically irrelevant.

Last edited by Freud; 02-12-2019 at 05:30 PM. Reason: additional thought
Old 02-12-2019, 05:59 PM
n d
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
Interesting...one thing I'd never describe this car as is "angry and pissed off".

But I like your enthusiasm!

Any time I'm shifting myself...I use the button....if i'm in miserable traffic i leave it off and let the car shift (its not very pleasant but it does the job)
actually I could never come up with words of how this car felt, but I think you nailed it “pissed of and angry “ perfect!
Old 04-15-2019, 08:04 PM
yojimbo007
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MJK-PurpleRS
............ I know i have given my thoughts on the RS many times before, but I'a
m still in "Shock and Awe" when it comes to this car. Yes i have driven faster,but nothing as angry and pissed off as the RS. I know its just a material item that isn't important in the grand scheme of things, but it sure can put a huge smile on my face and make me feel just a bit better everyday. I have to feel sorry for those who have purchased the RS and never drove it to turn a quick buck. The feeling it has given me back is worth more to me than money. I cant help this i was raised in a car nut family!!! Damaged for life!!!!!
Loved how you expressed that.. absolutely concur !

If i may .. let me add my paragraph of thoughts to yours...

GT3 RS 2019...

Every ride from point A to B simply transforms into an experience of driving ecstasy and dopamine highs... riddled with uncontrolled smiles and laughter and expressions like: F-ya.. wow, damn.. sick , holly sh-t .... while being bombarded with sensory inputs of all kinds; engine sound direct from heaven, induction hiss and puffs , vibrations , g-forces... name it!

Add on top a scenic canyon road.. and you will be pretty close to Heaven.

Worth every penny for a driving enthusiast. Every Single Penny !

(With the most Most useless option being the stereo equipment.... not because it sound bad but because , imo, its a crime to turn it on )

Ara G.

Last edited by yojimbo007; 04-16-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:55 AM
mr965
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by yojimbo007
Loved how you expressed that.. absolutely concur !

If i may .. let me add my paragraph of thoughts to yours...

GT3 RS 2019...

Every ride from point A to B simply transforms into an experience of driving ecstasy and dopamine highs... riddled with uncontrolled smiles and laughter and expressions like: F-ya.. wow, damn.. sick , holly sh-t .... while being bombarded with sensory inputs of all kinds; engine sound, induction hiss and puffs , vibrations , g-forces... name it!

Add on top a scenic canyon road.. and you will be pretty close to Heaven.

Worth every penny for a driving enthusiast. Every Single Penny !

(With the most Most useless option being the stereo equipment.... not because it sound bad but because , imo, its a crime to turn it on )

Ara G.
Now drive it on a racetrack and you WILL be in HEAVEN.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:25 PM
yojimbo007
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts
Default C

Originally Posted by mr965
Now drive it on a racetrack and you WILL be in HEAVEN.
Ha ha... Indeed..
As soon as i hit 2000 miles I'm headed to the tracks. Plans are: 1st Fontana Auto Club Speedway Roval in May ... then Laguna Seca....and Willows..

Cant wait

Quick Reply: "PDK Sport" What does sport mean ?