Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   LWBS Protective Bolster Covers (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/957952-lwbs-protective-bolster-covers.html)

SJJ28 01-31-2018 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mech33
Maybe we need a trading site!

I think the regular classifieds are just fine for this. Again, I don't want to take sales away from Ed and his hard work

Crazy Eddie 02-01-2018 01:17 AM

While I am over the moon about the love shown for my bolster covers, I am not in a position to do a group buy at this time. Truth be told, the cost of making these has gone up on both labor and materials, and it remains mostly a labor of love for me. I imagine that's why, according to all feedback, my covers are both better and cheaper than anything else out there. Please believe me when I say I'm making the very best bolster cover available, at the cheapest price I can. If I could reduce the price without compromising quality, I'd do it in a heartbeat! In the meantime, don't let $20 or so hold you back! Your seats will never be new again -- listen to those who already own these covers -- protect those seats before it's too late!
Kind regards
Ed

Macduc 02-01-2018 07:40 AM

I got a set for over here in Oz - quality and service was exceptional. Worth every cent to protect the car in my view!

CME 02-01-2018 09:54 AM

Ed you have a PM.
Chet

mooty 02-01-2018 04:02 PM

i know ed personally
he is a little strange and anal retentive.
i am not sure he's making much or if anything at all on these things. i have them on my cars.
never seen one better
screw group buy just get it and you be very happy
if you dont have it, you bolster will wear regardless of how careful you are.

neurotic 02-01-2018 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by mooty (Post 14770400)
i know ed personally
i am not sure he's making much or if anything at all on these things. i have them on my cars.
never seen one better

thanks, will be reaching out to him once my GT arrives :biggulp:

1963SWC 02-01-2018 11:25 PM

Ed, just placed my order for a set and paypal'd. Looking forward to receiving and installing my set. Will post pics. CP

SJJ28 02-02-2018 09:02 AM

Pm incoming for a second set, Ed! This time with grey stitching!!

Rick-A-Shay 02-02-2018 03:14 PM

To all those who have cars on order with Porsche: Rumor has it that Porsche temporarily stopped production, as all available leather has been bought up by someone here in the states...... :thumbsup:

Crazy Eddie 02-09-2018 12:30 AM

Reviews

Hi All
I thought I would gather just some of the unsolicited reviews that were given it this thread and put them on one post so it would save time for those interested in these
Not trying to blow my own horn, but rather let others do it for me :icon107:
Thanks for your support guys :thumbsup:

Unsolicited Reviews

GUYS YOU NEED THIS THING.
it is better than every other offering currently exist. i know b/c i have them ALL.
Mooty

Have these in my GT4 and love them. When are the headrest protectors coming out?
Love my set in my GT4! Perfect match to the OEM leather w/ deviated stitching and super easy install.
I have them on my car for a couple months, best product out there, people don't believe they are on the car, Ed did and amazing job, didn't stop until they where perfect.
I just received these and installed them this morning, needless to say I am blown away. Ed was very good about communicating when they would be ready, when to pay for them (He insisted I did not pay until they were completed) and when they shipped. The leather and stitching is SPOT ON for the OEM equipment. They are very easy to install and I would have a hard time telling they are not part of the OEM seat. I am really careful of how I enter and exit the seats, however whenever anyone else enters the car I cringe a little. This gives me a sense of relief knowing they are protected. I would not hesitate ordering these again and cannot speak enough good things about them. Thanks for manufacturing a quality item and being a great seller Ed!
Rya
n
I have the sides and head rest cover. Great product and as stated very easy to install.
Great product and awesome guy to deal with ��
excellent seller, excellent products (bought both bolsters and head rest) now just need to sell the bolsters that were in the car......
So I took it and went a step further and added my race logo to these head rest covers
Ed has been awesome to deal with kept me informed every step of the way.
Buy with confidence. Can't wait to install them.

Big thanks to Ed for delivery to Europe and of course for an absolutely amazing product! You can't tell the difference from the stock pieces! Very easy installation and amazing support from Ed!
Many thanks!
Finally got around this weekend to installing my set I had ordered from Ed. Installation was a breeze. They fit great, stitching was spot on and look totally stock. Ed was great with his emails, advice and helpful installation photos. Consider me another satisfied customer.
Will be adding the headrest protectors shortly to use on track days.

Ed, Thank you for the great work and superb service you provide.
Oh and the turn around for the headrest cover is outstanding and much appreciated!
Rock on!
Great quality product that looks factory made. Extremely easy to install. Thank Eddie!
Only thing that is better than the build quality of Ed's products is his amazing customer service. Buy with absolute confidence.
Another happy customer! Ed does great work, ships fast and his prices are fair. You won't know his protectors are on your seats. They are a prefect match and they will definitely protect your investment. Thanks Ed!
Same here, bought 2 sets one for the RS and one for the Spyder. Quality superb, fit perfect. Thanks Ed!
I just installed Eddie's bolster covers on my 991.2 GT3. Excellent product Eddie! It took about 20 minutes to install and no one would even know they were there. They look exactly like the original seat bolsters.
Great product and highly recommended!

Great stuff . I have them in my RS as well
Received my bolster covers and installed them. Simple ordering and installation process. Look great--I doubt anyone will even notice that they're covers. Thanks Ed!
Ed is great to work with and the covers look amazing!
I FINALLY picked up my car and installed your covers. I also helped a friend install covers from the "other guy". IMHO your covers are easier to install and of better Quality. Thanks Eddie!
I just installed my bolster protectors and I echo the comments above;
1) Great customer service and communication
2) Easy install
3) Great product with great fit and exact match to existing seats.
Thanks Eddie!

Crazy Eddie 02-10-2018 12:28 AM

Reviews don't lie There is a reason why these cover are so highly regarded

More reviews ....
I am honestly puzzled as to why someone would consider anything else for their GT3 or other Porsche ? :confused:

;) Great product Received my bolster covers and installed them. Simple ordering and installation process. Look great--I doubt anyone will even notice that they're covers. Thanks Ed!
Yes, did the same. Ed is great to work with and the covers look amazing!

I FINALLY picked up my car and installed your covers.
I also helped a friend install covers from the "other guy".
IMHO your covers are easier to install and of better Quality.
Thanks Eddie!

Huge props to Eddie from another satisfied customer! Love em on my GT4, will love them no doubt on the upcoming GT3.2, though will have to get news ones per the new deviate stitching thread color [img]imap://ed@psimail.pencom.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E.INBOX.Sent%3E56790?part=1.1.3&filename=wink.gif[/img]

I got a set for over here in Oz - quality and service was exceptional. Worth every cent to protect the car in my view!
i know ed personally
never seen one better

Crazy Eddie 02-10-2018 10:42 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...f485128f14.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...0d742d0be8.jpg
A local Porsche enthusiast stopped by today ( super nice guy ) with his beautiful new GT3 :thumbup:
Took some pictures after the install
Protection Complete :thumbsup:

Crazy Eddie 02-14-2018 10:38 PM

More reviews from the GT4 thread ...

Summation of reviews: This is only the first three pages of the GT4 thread :thumbsup:
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9579...er-covers.html

If you want to keep your bottom bolsters looking good these are a must. Most people don't even notice them in my car.
Super easy to install.
Alan C.

+1
I'm not even a little handy and the covers went in super easy and look great. The best compliment I can give is that with the stitched center section these look better than stock and I immediately stopped thinking about the bolsters every time I get in the car.
ajw45
i am picky and very skeptical
i have both Ed's version and Exclusive Option's version
Ed's is FAR FAR FAR better. the other one looks like diaper or loose foreskin next to Ed's version.
if you have bucket seats, you NEED THIS THING. thank me later.

oh, if you want the not so good version, my Exclusive Option one is for sale.
for my money, i buy Ed's.
mooty

I have Eddie's and it's tits!
neanicu
Folks that know me know I'm one fastidious SOB, and I picked up a set of Ed's "Ed Guard" (LOL!) bolster protectors for my GT4, and I couldn't be happier with the quality. Ed even came over and helped install them! And they've been perfect since.

I really didn't like the "other option's" one-piece design. Ed's 2-piece design really blends into the stock seats like they're not even there. Looks completely OEM. Love it. Thanks Ed!
Mech33

+1 for Ed's covers. Fantastic.
GT4SHO
Got them too. Can't even tell covers are on. Ed worked out an easy installation scheme too with webpage instructions.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:11 PM #11
loungin
Another very happy customer. Ed is OCD beyond belief and it shows in his product too.
sunnyr

I have them on my car.... N.1!!!!!
cox1974
Originally Posted by loungin
Got them too. Can't even tell covers are on. Ed worked out an easy installation scheme too with webpage instructions.

+1
kfmcmahon
Workmanship is great! Materials are spot on! Ed is OCD on anything he works on. Must have for LWB. Thanks again Ed!
socal28

i got a set from Ed... great stuff and great customer service.. he emails me at midnight =)
DC640
Another satisfied OCD owner checking in. Luv luv luv these covers. I point them out to people and EVERYONE's response is that they didn't notice them which is the highest compliment!
My expectations were exceeded and I look forward to new product announcements- one in particular !!
Ed is the BEST!!!
needmoregarage

Crazy Eddie 02-19-2018 09:37 PM

Hi Guys
Just an FYI
I decided to order a few extra LWBS Protective covers in Guards Red and Platinum Sliver, to have on hand.
If you want them, they are avail to ship ....
Best regards
Ed

Todd B 02-19-2018 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie (Post 14814121)
Hi Guys
Just an FYI
I decided to order a few extra LWBS Protective covers in Guards Red and Platinum Sliver, to have on hand.
If you want them, they are avail to ship ....
Best regards
Ed

I sent you a PM for a set.