Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LWBS Protective Bolster Covers

Old 06-09-2019, 12:24 AM
Macduc
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I think if you go back a few pages, you will see that putting on these covers is really not a big challenge On a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 5
I am not sure what you mean by creasing ? ...
If a number of those who posted issues with installing had read the email I sent ( With the instructions ) I think it would have been a breeze to install these
Maybe some who posted earlier can chime in .... But if you go thorough this thread, I think you we have the answers to your questions?
If you have any other questions please feel free to email me
ed@pencom.com
Best regards
Ed
Ed’s right, these are super easy to install and come out perfect if you follow the very simple instructions. No mechanical or technical skills needed at all. Really look great on and save the bolsters from looking tired.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:02 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
Nice looking but I have a few questions. Some of the installs look pretty good but some show creasing, so is the installation a bit challenging? Some people are having problems reinserting the seat switch, is that a fairly common issue?
Ya know, I am thinking you may have two different vendors confused? ( Both make a LWBS covers )
These are pictures taken by a local Rennlister who came by my house to have his existing covers switched from the other vendors BEFORE (HIS) to
Mine (AFTER)

His ( the other vendors )

Mine( EdGuard)

Is this the case ? There is no crease in mine ..... ?
Kind regards
Ed
Old 06-09-2019, 08:39 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 96 Posts

Eddies product is great and following the instructions makes an easy install. If you roll back through the many posts on this subject you will see lots of very positive comments on Eddie and the covers. To suggest these covers are for the next owner is nuts. Now floor mats are for the next owner in that same vein.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:56 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
To suggest these covers are for the next owner is nuts. Now floor mats are for the next owner in that same vein.

I saw that comment in another thread and that is just not valid, in fact, it borders on silly. By that reasoning we should not maintain our homes either since it is potentially for the "next owner".
Old 06-09-2019, 12:33 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Fully agree with you. Not because we are OCD. We simply take pride of what we own and try to preserve our possessions as new or as clean as possible.

Bubblewrap anyone?

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
I saw that comment in another thread and that is just not valid, in fact, it borders on silly. By that reasoning we should not maintain our homes either since it is potentially for the "next owner".
Old 06-09-2019, 12:41 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Not because we are OCD.

Bubblewrap anyone?

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Hilarious but all true.

PS: can I get the bubble wrap with Red Stitching????
Old 06-17-2019, 07:42 AM
ha
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First let me thank ED for his excellent product, sales & follow up service.. The product is fantastic and I'm very happy with it.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:59 PM
ccibo72
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Super easy to install. Bought a set of Ed's for my GT4, and moved them to my GT3. When I took them out of the '4 the bolsters were in perfect condition.

For me, it's piece of mind in the event they are marred by accident. Much less expensive to fix the covers than the seat.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:58 PM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 207 Posts

Went to Ed's house on very hot 100F+ about 10 days ago day and had him install them for me
Old 06-25-2019, 02:16 AM
adf
AutoX

Here are a couple shots of the EO bolster protectors on my GT3T. The passenger side looks ok, but the driver side turned out really poor. Looks to be poor/thin leather. No amount of massaging and letting sit in the heat helps. Will be ordering a set of Ed Guards when he does my LWB inserts. He showed me some samples at his place last week and the difference in quality was night and day. But this isn’t surprising given Ed’s commitment to craftsmanship.

Last edited by adf; 06-25-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:37 AM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by adf
Here are a couple shots of the EO bolster protectors on my GT3T. The passenger side looks ok, but the driver side turned out really poor. Looks to be poor/thin leather. No amount of massaging and letting sit in the heat helps. Will be ordering a set of Ed Guards when he does my LWB inserts. He showed me some samples at his place last week and the difference in quality was night and day. But this isn’t surprising given Ed’s commitment to craftsmanship.

This looks pretty sad !
Old 06-25-2019, 12:09 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by adf
its no contest!! I dont even own my GT3/LWBS anymore, and I'm still impressed by Ed's product and service
Old 06-26-2019, 12:27 AM
adf
AutoX

Thumbs up

I want to point out that Frank at EO reached out after this post and offered to do whatever it took to make things right including offering a full refund. I'm willing to believe that your mileage may vary and it's possible there was some really unusual problem with my bolsters. I've agreed to return the bolsters to him so his team can understand what went wrong with this set. Good on him for standing behind his work.

Originally Posted by adf
Old 06-26-2019, 01:19 AM
Maxemus
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts

First thing i did was ppf. Second thing was install Ed’s covers. Very happy with the results.
The following 2 users liked this post by Maxemus:
Crazy Eddie (06-26-2019), RFGGT3 (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 12:52 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I noticed some wear beginning on the driver's seat headrest embroidery on my RS from my helmet on the track. Just asked Ed to make a head cover for the seat with silver stitching. It is perfect and fits like a glove.
Kudos Ed.
The following users liked this post:
Crazy Eddie (06-26-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LWBS Protective Bolster Covers