Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   LWBS Protective Bolster Covers (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/957952-lwbs-protective-bolster-covers.html)

Gasman85 01-14-2019 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Alan C. (Post 15566466)
This is like trying to list your car on your dealers website. :nono:

Thats true. My bad. Maybe Ed will take my set in on trade and then resell them 🤔 he can put an adm on them.

Dr. Ferdinand 01-14-2019 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie (Post 15566400)
Hey Guys
I honestly am not trying to be a D#$%. I appreciate your patronage and loyalty, but when it comes to selling your covers, maybe you should post them in the classifieds ?
Again, not trying to sound ungrateful, but I just think it's inappropriate to sell something on someone else's thread ?
And Gasman please don't take this personally ( not my intention) , you are not the first....
Kind regards
Ed

I've admired your patience to date as I've seen a number of "my used bolsters are for sale" hijacks in this thread. In today's world I guess basic tact can't be taken for granted... This thread is about one thing only - Ed (as a paid advertiser) showcasing his awesome product. Selling one's used bolsters belongs in the individual private sales F/S section...

On that note, on bolster set #2 (this one in yellow, first one in red), and can't express how happy I have been with both!

eecsdude 01-19-2019 07:07 PM

Picked up a set of bolsters from Ed today for my 991.2 GT3. Pretty glad he's local to me cause I totally appreciated his help with installing them in the car for me. The bolster protectors look great and match the car very well. I went with the non stitched rear pieces for a more OEM look and it also looks like without the stitching those pieces are less prone to rotating because it makes a larger contact patch with the piece below for better grip. Would definitely recommend for folks with LWBS. If you're local, also recommend to check out Ed's immaculate 944 Turbo!

fjpdds 01-21-2019 10:13 PM

Bolsters arrived and installed today. No problems, and look great. I’m very pleased.
Thank you and....Well done Ed!

Crazy Eddie 01-21-2019 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by fjpdds (Post 15583382)

Bolsters arrived and installed today. No problems, and look great. I’m very pleased.
Thank you and....Well done Ed!

:bowdown:
Thank you Frank
I think you may hold the record for receiving and putting them on faster than anybody ... ;)
I have some guys email 2-3 months later asking for the instructions :icon107:
Best regards
Ed

RupeTN 01-21-2019 11:58 PM

Repeat customer. Received my second set for the new car. Made the silly mistake of leaving the first set on the car when I sold it. They looked so good new owner didn’t even know they were installed a month later.
Thanks Ed.

Crazy Eddie 01-22-2019 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by RupeTN (Post 15583575)
Repeat customer. Received my second set for the new car. Made the silly mistake of leaving the first set on the car when I sold it. They looked so good new owner didn’t even know they were installed a month later.
Thanks Ed.

:bowdown:
Thanks for your patronage ... Its always a pleasure to deal with you Mike ...:thumbsup:
Kind regards
Ed

horns 01-27-2019 05:54 PM

When you install these, are you guys doing anything with the hard plastic piece on the inside of the covers that has the color written on it? It seems like at a minimum it would make an imprint on the factory bolster. Apologize if this is addressed somewhere an I missed it.

mdrums 01-27-2019 06:08 PM

Thanks Eddie...just got home and my LWBS bolster protectors where waiting for me...now for the install. I need to find the video so I don't screw up anything. Thanks...they look awesome...they smell great too!! ;-)

white6speed 01-27-2019 06:10 PM

You fold it under the new bolster to grab the edge of the bucket seat where there is a lip. It serves to keep the new bolster tight.

mdrums 01-27-2019 06:26 PM

Searched this thread...didn't find install instructions. Is there a video? How do you pull up the center seat insert? Mine seems bolted down and I didn't want to tug too hard and break a faster that might be holding it down although I looked and didn't see what was holding the center seat insert on.

Also the seat up/down switch really doesn't want to come out either...again dont want to force anything until I see and understand how to get this all done.

golfnutintib 01-27-2019 06:39 PM

hey eddie ima gonna need another set (silver stitch) for my just arrived rs

Crazy Eddie 01-27-2019 08:32 PM

Sorry Guys I’ve been out all day ....
Steve, I’ll email you....
guys just email if you have questions
or call me !
All the info is in the email I sent you with the tracking info!
its clear as day

hsiaochinsan 01-27-2019 09:13 PM

Dropped a new project to Eddie this week. Please keep me posted for status. ... matching 911R houndstooth kid booster seat cover. :roflmao:

mdrums 01-28-2019 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie (Post 15597074)

Sorry Guys I’ve been out all day ....
Steve, I’ll email you....
guys just email if you have questions
or call me !
All the info is in the email I sent you with the tracking info!
its clear as day

Thank Eddie...I forgot the video instructions was in your email. I’ll getnthem installed Monday evening.