Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   LWBS Protective Bolster Covers (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/957952-lwbs-protective-bolster-covers.html)

cobrien 04-23-2018 12:23 AM

Received my set for my yellow 991.2 GT3 this week and installed them today. Quick and painless, and they look great...leather and stitching is a perfect match with the factory leather and stitching. Ed was extremely helpful throughout and told me to call him anytime if I ran into trouble. I'd definitely recommend the covers, after driving the car for almost a month without them it's easy to see that the bolsters are going to get a lot of wear from getting into and out of the car.

Crazy Eddie 05-06-2018 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by CME (Post 14936547)
Have red stitch ones in GT4 and here are platinum stitch in GT3. Looks great and I would not let anyone sit in car until these were installed.
Chet

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...649f285d4.jpeg

:thumbsup:

Cueballbb 05-29-2018 06:49 PM

Fit like gloves!

Installed in my GT4 this weekend. Fit like gloves, well made. Have the new larger opening for seat switch bezel. Made installation easy. Thanks Ed!

zekeGT3 05-30-2018 12:01 AM

Received the bolster covers and headrest protectors from Eddie about 2 weeks ago for my new 991.2 GT3, This is my first post here, been lurking for over a year as I waited on my car. I am not generally a poster but I had to post about my fantastic experience with Eddie. His responsiveness was amazing! In a time when customer service is an afterthought for most, Eddie is a unique exception. He responded to all of my numerous e-mails within a half hour and delivered the product ahead of schedule. If you are thinking about getting bolsters, don’t even think of buying them anywhere else. The product is awesome. Pics to follow soon. Eric

991.2 GT3
chalk
manual
PCCB’s
991R stripes in black

PbPedis 05-30-2018 09:04 PM

Another satisfied customer. It was great dealing with Ed. He always responds promptly via email, and did not ask for payment until they were made and ready to be shipped. Arrived here in Canada in just 10 days. The lava orange stitching is spot on. Great guy to deal with so if you are on the fence, just do it. Couldn't believe how easy they were to install.

Thanks Ed!

neurotic 05-30-2018 11:46 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...01947e345.jpeg
Huge shoutout to Ed! Perfect fit and the quality is as OEM as it gets!

Crazy Eddie 06-07-2018 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cueballbb (Post 15042375)
Installed in my GT4 this weekend. Fit like gloves, well made. Have the new larger opening for seat switch bezel. Made installation easy. Thanks Ed!

Thanks
Always a pleasure :bowdown:

HelpMeHelpU 06-08-2018 12:01 AM

I second, third, and fourth all of comments--only thing better than the protectors is the integrity of the guy selling them.

Crazy Eddie 06-19-2018 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU (Post 15063951)
I second, third, and fourth all of comments--only thing better than the protectors is the integrity of the guy selling them.

Thank you Doug for your kind words ! :bowdown:
Best regards
Ed

Crazy Eddie 06-19-2018 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by neurotic (Post 15045313)
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...01947e345.jpeg
Huge shoutout to Ed! Perfect fit and the quality is as OEM as it gets!

Perfection both inside and out( I saw that PTS color ) !! :cheers:
Great job installing !!
Thank you
Best regards
Ed

bluehorseshoe 06-19-2018 04:37 PM

A few observations:

1) Ed is a pleasure to work with, very professional and has the patience of a saint. (Haha ask me how I know he has lots of patience.)
2) His product is excellent, OEM-like and preferred in my eyes vs. his competitor's one-piece design. Leather quality is probably better than Porsches, or at the very least on par. Seems like a necessary evil to protect our beloved bolsters from people (amateurs or just lazy LOL) dragging their asses across them creating unsightly wrinkles..
3) Unrelated to this thread but I had nowhere else to put it. At local dealer on Saturday sitting in a 991.1 GT3RS equipped with LWB seats. Couldn't believe how easy ingress and egress was so went out to compare with my own 991.2 GT3. Well, it wasn't just my imagination, the buckets in my car are about 1"-2" deeper making getting in and out much more difficult. Whereas those in The RS felt about equivalent to getting in and out of cars equipped with sofas. Still can't believe the difference. Maybe everybody knew this already but I did not know that Porsche altered these seats from 2016 to 2018... I much preferred the buckets in the RS because they seem nearly as supportive but significantly easy to use.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...31a21c4e7b.jpg

HelpMeHelpU 06-19-2018 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe (Post 15089889)
A few observations [re LWBS]:

3) Unrelated to this thread but I had nowhere else to put it. At local dealer on Saturday sitting in a 991.1 GT3RS equipped with LWB seats. Couldn't believe how easy ingress and egress was so went out to compare with my own 991.2 GT3. Well, it wasn't just my imagination, the buckets in my car are about 1"-2" deeper making getting in and out much more difficult. Whereas those in The RS felt about equivalent to getting in and out of cars equipped with sofas. Still can't believe the difference. Maybe everybody knew this already but I did not know that Porsche altered these seats from 2016 to 2018... I much preferred the buckets in the RS because they seem nearly as supportive but significantly easy to use.

Perhaps I am missing something, but it seems like you were implying that LWBS in newer cars were less deep, making ingress and egress easier, but you referred to the dealer's RS as a .1 and your GT3 as a .2, which is the exact opposite of what I expected you to say.

Thanks for the clarification.

bluehorseshoe 06-19-2018 05:09 PM

No, the LWB seats in my 991.2 GT3 have higher side bolsters (toward the rear where there’s exposed carbon) by 1-2” making ingress and egress more difficult versus the 991.1 GT3RS. The difference is rather remarkable.

HelpMeHelpU 06-19-2018 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe (Post 15089960)
No, the LWB seats in my 991.2 GT3 have higher side bolsters (toward the rear where there’s exposed carbon) by 1-2” making ingress and egress more difficult versus the 991.1 GT3RS. The difference is rather remarkable.

I guess I had it in my head that Porsche would have tried to improve ingress/egress with a newer model, but what you are confirming appears to be the exact the opposite. Interesting. Not that there should be but I wonder if it has to do with being different model cars, even though one is only a variant of the other.

Crazy Eddie 06-23-2018 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe (Post 15089889)
A few observations:

1) Ed is a pleasure to work with, very professional and has the patience of a saint. (Haha ask me how I know he has lots of patience.)
2) His product is excellent, OEM-like and preferred in my eyes vs. his competitor's one-piece design. Leather quality is probably better than Porsches, or at the very least on par. Seems like a necessary evil to protect our beloved bolsters from people (amateurs or just lazy LOL) dragging their asses across them creating unsightly wrinkles..

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...31a21c4e7b.jpg

Thank you Anthony Please dealing with you
The car looks spectacular !! :thumbsup: