991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pete Stout's New Venture - 000 Magazine

Old 10-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

In all seriousness I admire the work that Pete Stout has done wherever he has been editor. In a society like ours there is always a top end niche that many times goes untouched. Nothing feels better than a heavyweight paper print in rich deep colors. For me the best book is the leather bound hardcover. That niche is, I think, where 000 intends to play.

My comment about digital version is obviously tongues not cheek as it goes totally against the underpinnings of this publication. Wishing this enterprise best of success. I do intend to subscribe once I can get to see its quality.

For those that remember this is to a certain extent what David E. Davis did when he created Automobile. Everyone thought he was crazy and would fail.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:54 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

maybe PTS for the cover could add some value, possibly even a wait list.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:01 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Good luck and congratulations. I really miss Automobile from it's late 1980's issues. I wasn't even driving yet but I'd save my money and go to the Stationary Store to buy it. My favorite part was looking through the last few pages that contained the best European car classified ads ever. You just brought me back in time! Too bad it became just another magazine over time...
Old 10-11-2016, 10:23 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well done Pete and best of luck.

Well above my antipodean pay grade unfortunately. I will need to get all I need from EVO and Drive channel etc like all the other plebes...and old back issues of Christophorus.

That said the design and content look sound and the photographs of an exceptional quality. So if I do find myself with a spare $250 USD thats not going to "Mr Michelin" I will closely consider a subscription. It does look fantastic and I wish you every success.

Last edited by Macca; 10-11-2016 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:37 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
Pete, i was just being the typical class clown with my jackass comment. I know you've been reading all sorts of things today with the roll out. I just wanted to take a moment and get serious in wishing you all the success in the world. And you're a class act responding to the criticism the way you did. Nothing but respect and admiration from me. Looking forward to checking out the publication. Good luck!
Honestly, Pete's response here is probably why I'll end up subscribing. I appreciate unique entrepreneurial vision and want to support, but also have a pretty high quality expectation. Top shelf photography will go a long way for me as I think it's best suited for the format.
Good luck and respect!
Old 10-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

One other thing Peter.

$100 USD to send out 4 x magazines per annum seems a hefty premium for an International Subscription. Probably water off a ducks back for your intended audience but $25 USD per magazine for post would be a UPS rate when USPS should be adequate.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:42 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This is exciting. Subscribing. I'll try a year and see.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:42 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I've no issue paying for quality. (tell me again why I have a rennlist subscription???)

chris harris et al tried this model via youtube for drive and it didn't work.

but i think it can for this.

especially since you have some of the best socal porsche guys plugged in :-)
Old 10-11-2016, 10:59 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
no this brings a new meaning to PTS = Print To Sample

exclusive for the EP crowd (extraordinarily privileged )

I'm with Macca saving for Mr. Michelin.

However, Pete , Best for a successful roll out !
Old 10-11-2016, 11:17 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The "S" version will sell out before the first issue is delivered by Santa and 5000 of you will rue the day you failed to count to 1000.
Now if Pete will just hire me to count and cash the checks, for a small fee, of course.
…and what is wrong with a gimmick to make money under any circumstances? But if you are the only guy on earth with the vision, talent, courage and craziness then all the more fitting.
Am I the only one that has figured out that banking $1,000,000 for only the "S" in less than 90 days is far more than a gimmick?
Old 10-11-2016, 11:58 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,744 Likes on 2,172 Posts

If Porsche offered a numbered limited-edition GT3 with some aesthetic enhancements, otherwise mechanically the same as the regular GT3, for 4x the price, I don't think I'd be interested. But I suppose there might be some people with deep pockets and/or a speculative bent who might be interested.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:26 AM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you can compare this with a GT3 or compare it to anything. If you could it most surely would be a GT20. My vision is it ain't bin dun before. It is an all by itself experience not a magazine or a gear shift lever in your hand. It is sorta like both.
Look what Pete did at Pano, all the while handcuffed by advertising, "From the Regions", a board of directors far less visionary or artistic than he and …… a budget!
This might be like Enzo and Ferdinand are under the direction of Piech who has a budget only limited by the enthusiasm, foresight and willingness to take risk of its investors, otherwise known as subscribers.
Piech says "Hey you guys go do watcha want. Call me when yer done. I get to pick the paint colors and I promise one will be red."
Old 10-12-2016, 01:44 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,256 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
If Porsche offered a numbered limited-edition GT3 with some aesthetic enhancements, otherwise mechanically the same as the regular GT3, for 4x the price, I don't think I'd be interested. But I suppose there might be some people with deep pockets and/or a speculative bent who might be interested.
I hear you, and agree. It's why I'd rather have a 991-2 GT3 with MT, wing delete, and rear seats (!) than a 991R.

However, there's more in store for Subscription S than the unique cover. I didn't know what the market would do with it until today, and was a bit skeptical about it. I was wrong, and I think we'll get to have some fun...

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Now this made me chuckle, as did the subtle barb about 9000 rpm. Well try and keep the page count in check, but the binding tech has gotten pretty Carrillo-like these days...

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
This is exciting. Subscribing. I'll try a year and see.
To you and so many others who are coming along for this ride...all I can say is thank you, and get back to WORK.

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
I'm with Macca saving for Mr. Michelin.

However, Pete , Best for a successful roll out !
I can totally respect that use of funding. Carry on, good sir!

Originally Posted by Macca
One other thing Peter.

$100 USD to send out 4 x magazines per annum seems a hefty premium for an International Subscription. Probably water off a ducks back for your intended audience but $25 USD per magazine for post would be a UPS rate when USPS should be adequate.
It is UPS, because we want the magazines to arrive in good shape and will be packaging them in custom mailers to help as much as possible. So your projection is very close to what I am seeing...and it looks like we may end up offsetting a bit of the shipping. There is no "price padding" in there—these magazines will be heavy, and thus costly to ship overseas.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:06 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

best of luck pete ... wish u the best in ur new endeavor

little gained in life without trying
Old 10-12-2016, 02:22 AM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I'll definitely subscribe, any more info about future premiums that may come with an "S" subscription? heres a suggestion, if Jeff Zwart will take a picture of my car, I'll subscribe to the S today! Im very excited to see this, I love the Typ 64, I spent half ad ay at the Prototyp museum just being around the car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pete Stout's New Venture - 000 Magazine