Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with experience from Platinum Motorcars at Birmingham / Troy, Michigan?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 02:36 AM
Louis_Love_Cars
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with experience from Platinum Motorcars at Birmingham / Troy, Michigan?

I am wondering if anyone has experience from Platinum Motorcars at Birmingham / Troy, Michigan? How is your experience with the dealership? Are they honest people and easy to make a deal with? Thanks guys.

Last edited by Louis_Love_Cars; 10-10-2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Louis_Love_Cars
Track Day

I am looking at a car there but unsure about the dealership.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:28 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 340 Likes on 209 Posts

for the Rennlist name.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:52 PM
Porschekalle
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dealt with them before .. no problems
Old 10-11-2016, 05:57 AM
Louis_Love_Cars
Track Day

Originally Posted by Porschekalle
I dealt with them before .. no problems
Ok, thanks
Old 10-11-2016, 09:10 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

I just got a report about them from a friend who just bought a car from them. Not very positive.

Last edited by STG; 10-11-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Louis_Love_Cars
Track Day

Originally Posted by STG
I just got a report about them from a friend who just bought a car from them. Not very positive.

Thanks. Can you elaborate on what happened? Like did they sold a bad car or maybe provided bad customer service ?
Old 10-29-2016, 06:04 PM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys, I can't speak to the specific transactions of anyone here. However, I'll go on record with this: Syed Ahmed and his wife, Erica, are personal friends of mine for many years. They live in our neighborhood. Their new (as of April) showroom is walking distance from my house. Most days, I have either bagels, donuts, cigars, beer, burgers with Syed and a few other members of the Motor City collecting circle there (obviously depends on the time of day).

Syed and Erica are honest and straightforward. The worst anyone can say about them is that they are too busy for their small staff to handle and a few things might take longer than someone would like. That's the worst.

If the OP or anyone else needs assistance with a deal there, you are welcome to contact me directly and I'll help however I can, that's how much I think of them.

Happy (Michigan just beat Michigan State) Saturday.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:57 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Louis_Love_Cars
Thanks. Can you elaborate on what happened? Like did they sold a bad car or maybe provided bad customer service ?
No, not a bad car, but one deal just got dragged out longer than it should have. In the end, Platinum did the right thing for the buyer. They have some nice cars and do a fine job from everything I've heard.

Last edited by STG; 10-31-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:58 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by secretcollector
Guys, I can't speak to the specific transactions of anyone here. However, I'll go on record with this: Syed Ahmed and his wife, Erica, are personal friends of mine for many years. They live in our neighborhood. Their new (as of April) showroom is walking distance from my house. Most days, I have either bagels, donuts, cigars, beer, burgers with Syed and a few other members of the Motor City collecting circle there (obviously depends on the time of day).

Syed and Erica are honest and straightforward. The worst anyone can say about them is that they are too busy for their small staff to handle and a few things might take longer than someone would like. That's the worst.

If the OP or anyone else needs assistance with a deal there, you are welcome to contact me directly and I'll help however I can, that's how much I think of them.

Happy (Michigan just beat Michigan State) Saturday.
PM'd you. Thanks

Last edited by STG; 10-31-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:46 PM
Louis_Love_Cars
Track Day

I just boughta car from them and the experience was one of the best I had ever had. Thedealership owner, Syed, was extremely honest and easy to deal with. They even wentthrough the trouble of getting the car towed to a different dealership and hada vehicle inspection fully. The car arrived at my door on time, and there was no hassle. Syed is a true car guy. I have a long conversationwith him while I was at the dealership and I can say he knows his cars verywell and truly cared about customer satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Anyone with experience from Platinum Motorcars at Birmingham / Troy, Michigan?