Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Asco
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 25 Posts

Your car is gorgeous and again it's your car and specced as you like. Keep it, drive the hell out of it, wait for .2 RS or whatever RS is going to come, be early, spec Rosso Corsa...Win Win Win
Old 10-10-2016, 09:37 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,090 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Good decision by keeping the car.

A little off topic here....*START RANT*

I've very disappointed with Gaudin Porsche in Las Vegas. I made it very clear to them that I wanted an RS and would even be willing to pay a reasonable amount over RS for an allocation (which I did with another dealer). I kept getting the "we don't have any allocations and doubt that we'll get any more" from my contact over there. Then I find out from a little birdy that they got an RS allocation and wanted $50k over and sold it to an out-of-state buyer. That's funny is that they pride themselves on selling GT cars for MSRP to local customers yet somehow I got bypassed. Guess the greed got to them. And they are asking for $350k for a PTS RS with sofa seats....give me a break. Total BS and they will never get another dollar from me, including servicing my GT cars.

*END RANT*
Old 10-11-2016, 12:40 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Saw this car listed at 349k. That's a tad much for no pccb or buckets IMO being most pts are listed for 310k
Old 10-11-2016, 02:16 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,830 Likes on 2,390 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3

I've very disappointed with Gaudin Porsche in Las Vegas. I made it very clear to them that I wanted an RS and would even be willing to pay a reasonable amount over RS for an allocation (which I did with another dealer). I kept getting the "we don't have any allocations and doubt that we'll get any more" from my contact over there. Then I find out from a little birdy that they got an RS allocation and wanted $50k over and sold it to an out-of-state buyer. That's funny is that they pride themselves on selling GT cars for MSRP to local customers yet somehow I got bypassed. Guess the greed got to them. And they are asking for $350k for a PTS RS with sofa seats....give me a break. Total BS and they will never get another dollar from me, including servicing my GT cars.

*END RANT*
TRUST NO ONE
Old 10-11-2016, 03:31 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,090 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
TRUST NO ONE
Yup, unfortunately that can be very true.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:18 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3

*END RANT*
So sad to see this kind of thing continuing to happen. I guess they figure most other dealers are selling over msrp, why should they be any different. I can't wait to see what these dealers do when things in the car market slow right down. They will be the ones begging for your business.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:41 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

OP good call on keeping your silver RS. Enjoy many miles of driving.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:20 AM
Lambojohnny
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MS7044

fellow Macau resident here, I couldn’t PM you. I’ve got a blue Huracan and whilst it’s not a Porsche thought it’ll be good to chat to like minded car enthusiasts. Add me on WeChat selfmade_388

Quick Reply: Advice needed