Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supreme Power | BBS Magnesium Wheels for GT3RS Available.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 11:32 PM
Raucky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go for the GOLD! I'm wondering about the gold for my Miami Blue..........just wondering if it's too much with pccb.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:20 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

SP Motorsport Voodoo Blue 991 GT3 RS w/ BBi Roll Bar, BBS Magnesium Wheels

- jerry@bbiautosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 06-21-2018, 10:43 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 94 Posts

man, the standard forged are already pricey enough. I wish BBS made non-Mag monoblock in 20" for the GT3, I'd ****** a set up in a minute. Love the look for both track and street.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:23 AM
JSA
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

Seeing this is extremely frustrating.

BBS can't keep up with production for Porsche, for all the guys like me that would like to have the WP and these wheels for the 991.2 GT3RS, yet here you guys are selling these wheels in the after market.

BBS - why don't you guys take care of Porsche, first?

Porsche - why don't you guys tell BBS to take care of your orders, first?

Seeing things like this makes me want to buy/support a different brand all together.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:08 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mvez
man, the standard forged are already pricey enough. I wish BBS made non-Mag monoblock in 20" for the GT3, I'd ****** a set up in a minute. Love the look for both track and street.
Same here. Or if they made the 7 spoke RS style wheels in 20" for GT3 fitment, mag or aluminum.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:38 AM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JSA

BBS - why don't you guys take care of Porsche, first?

Porsche - why don't you guys tell BBS to take care of your orders, first?
My guess is BBS is trying to be fair by supplying wheels to all their vendors. Why only give to one vendor and not the others..wouldn't that **** others off? Isn't that like saying Porsche should supply GT cars to US customers first because its the biggest market and the rest of the other countries have to wait? I'm sure most of the wheels are going to Porsche but they still need to take care of other vendors as well.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:24 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Very good point. Unless there is a clause on the contract that supplier have to provide committed to customer (Porsche) a finite number of set of wheels per month, quarterly, etc., then there's not much neither party can do. I doubt BBS will ramp up production staff just to keep up with this spike in magnesium wheels demand.

Plus this is the first time if I am not mistaken that both GT2RS and GT3RS are being sold in the same calendar year. On top of this per Andreas Pruninger, the demand for ordering these cars with Weissach Package has been overwhelming, thus the shortage in magnesium wheels supply.

On top of this, people ordering the magnesium wheels, if your car arrives without the magnesium wheels, Porsche will provide for "Free" a set of already light alloy wheels with the car upon delivery, and customers get to keep those wheels while they await the arrival of their magnesium wheels. At least that is how people I know have been receiving their GT2RS cars. Now isn't that a nice gesture from Porsche? Just my $0.02.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Derek RS
My guess is BBS is trying to be fair by supplying wheels to all their vendors. Why only give to one vendor and not the others..wouldn't that **** others off? Isn't that like saying Porsche should supply GT cars to US customers first because its the biggest market and the rest of the other countries have to wait? I'm sure most of the wheels are going to Porsche but they still need to take care of other vendors as well.

Last edited by GT3RS-Fan1; 06-24-2018 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Added a third paragraph
Old 06-24-2018, 06:37 PM
JSA
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek RS
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t this wheel built for the GT cars? And if so, why wouldn’t BBS work tirelessly to provide Porsche before the after market?
Old 06-25-2018, 12:34 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

these have been available way before porsche spec them. it was a manthey wheel by bbs

I have three sets
if u really want something. just get them
whinkng is like a rocking chair. give u something to do but get u no where just saying
Old 06-25-2018, 03:30 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Very good point. Unless there is a clause on the contract that supplier have to provide committed to customer (Porsche) a finite number of set of wheels per month, quarterly, etc., then there's not much neither party can do. I doubt BBS will ramp up production staff just to keep up with this spike in magnesium wheels demand.

Plus this is the first time if I am not mistaken that both GT2RS and GT3RS are being sold in the same calendar year. On top of this per Andreas Pruninger, the demand for ordering these cars with Weissach Package has been overwhelming, thus the shortage in magnesium wheels supply.

On top of this, people ordering the magnesium wheels, if your car arrives without the magnesium wheels, Porsche will provide for "Free" a set of already light alloy wheels with the car upon delivery, and customers get to keep those wheels while they await the arrival of their magnesium wheels. At least that is how people I know have been receiving their GT2RS cars. Now isn't that a nice gesture from Porsche? Just my $0.02.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
2011 GT2RS and 2011 GT3RS
Old 06-26-2018, 12:05 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by BBiAutosport
Anyone know the source for these carbon shift paddles? they don’t show up on either BBi’s or SP’s website.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:11 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ GT4CS paddles
Old 06-27-2018, 02:39 AM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer

Anyone know the source for these carbon shift paddles? they don’t show up on either BBi’s or SP’s website.

SP sells a GT4CS steering wheel kit that includes the paddles.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:15 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

What do those CF paddles do? Different size or what?
Old 06-27-2018, 06:06 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

clicks with different feel and the stroke is shorter.
just looks otherwise

Quick Reply: Supreme Power | BBS Magnesium Wheels for GT3RS Available.