Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No lift on RS hurt resale?

Old 09-25-2016, 06:38 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

^ right on......
OP: If you are buying the car for the next owner, it may be best to have the used car manager spec the car for you, otherwise get what you really like.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:47 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 938 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
^ right on...... OP: If you are buying the car for the next owner, it may be best to have the used car manager spec the car for you, otherwise get what you really like.
That makes sense; kinda messed up however that you would be building a car for someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 09-25-2016, 09:20 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
The problem with this thread is that the OP is canvassing Rennlisters, who are not really representative of the general market for GT3/RSs, esp. used GT3/RSs.

If the question was "Will no lift hurt RS resale values when selling to Rennlisters?" then the answer is probably a "NO".

But if the question as presented by the OP is "Will no lift hurt RS resale value [period]?" then I think the safer and probably more accurate answer is a "YES".

But again, all of this begs the question of why anyone would buy a car for the next owner. But then that's for another thread, of which we already have many.

Good luck to the OP, and enjoy the RS (with or without lift).
Hold on there for a second..I just started thread to get fellow RL thoughts on to lift or not to lift and if it would hurt resale. Who said I was building car for next buyer? If I am going to spend 205K I wanna think thru options carefully. Thank you.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:36 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

If anyone wants to sell an RS- sell to me and I will deal with it. Lift or no lift. LOL
Old 09-25-2016, 11:32 PM
Mdrnenzo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my 991 GT3 without lift. And, my buddy who bought from had the front lip looking like a Dog chewed on it. When I traded it had to pay for a new one. Glad I have the lift on my RS.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:32 AM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

i like the lift, but it adds weight, you could go both ways, I like when the cylinder dumps air and makes a whoosh sound just like Brians Nissan GTR in Fast and Furious 2 when it snorts out nitrous
Old 09-26-2016, 01:51 AM
HamidQ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did spec it because I live in an area with a lot of speed bumps and a steep drive. I didn't really think too much about the next owner (if there will be one). For the same reason I didn't want ceramic brakes and went with the folding buckets. I cant say I am too disappointed with my car at all and if I ever do sell it, perhaps the Maritime Blue paint will help a prospective buyer look past these shortcomings...
Old 09-26-2016, 03:11 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,478 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Are you actually driving an RS in SF WO L?
yes, through out financial district, but i also put two wheels on the sidewalk on the left lane of montgomery so i can get through traffic and get on the bridge ;-)

at my pensinsula place, i go up and down kings mt, and pgmill, i know approx where the dips are, but dont know exactly where UNTIL i bottom out and fly off the pavement. the lift wont make any difference for ME.
but i have no issues with others ordering them. it's their car not mine.

same issues on hwy 9
stage road
tunitas creek
or visit my bud at seacliff, SF
Old 09-26-2016, 03:42 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

You're so hardcore dude.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:56 AM
MS7044
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Gt4 scrapes coming out of driveway. RS with lift doesn't but different approach angles per this thread (and maybe just how I back out in each car). Dealer told me it's easier for them to move the cars where lift is an option and the box is ticked but they move all new and used GT cars relatively quickly in any event (I actually asked when spec'ing the RS). Honestly never had any problems and never engage it except going out of driveway. Dealer pointed out with front lips much cheaper then prior years (not sure if this is true) and an easy replacement doesn't seem like a big deal. For the money probably better options to tic but just my two cents.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:43 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I'll take an RS with or without. I think it comes down to preference. People will buy RS' no matter what....as long as they have lwbs 😉.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:03 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 186 Posts

Lift is just another thing that will break. It's practically the same system as on the 997 cars. And I know MANY of those with non-functioning units. Repair (actually replacement since they are not repairable) is ridiculously expensive out of warranty. So go ahead and explain to your potential buyer that your lift doesn't work when you're ready to sell the car. That would be worse than not having it. Meanwhile front lips are cheap.

I live in Manhattan and driving here is tricky to say the least... No lift necessary. If you position the car just right you can go over any hump.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:08 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

You can buy a lot of spoilers for the price of the lift system. This is a sports car not a Bentley. Scrap it a bit and keep a new one for the next buyer. Enjoy the car. I am careful over bumps and dips in the road but those dips come so fast anyway I wouldn't have time to lift. Going in and out of driveways may require a bit of an angle but it is just a plastic spoiler for that reason. On my 997 RS it was $185 vs. $3000 for the lift...No brainer. Not sure how much the spoiler on my new RS is yet because only 2500 miles and minimum scraping so far!
Old 09-26-2016, 04:09 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
Hold on there for a second..I just started thread to get fellow RL thoughts on to lift or not to lift and if it would hurt resale. Who said I was building car for next buyer? If I am going to spend 205K I wanna think thru options carefully. Thank you.
I'm with you brother.
Too many people read threads so black and white.
What ever happened to the idea of posing a topic/question for an interesting debate/discussion/consideration?
Why do folks jump to inferring thoughts/reasons/etc...that weren't even brought up by the OP??
Old 09-26-2016, 04:22 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Have a lift use it at least twice everytime I drive. Still scraped front lip even with lift, seems like elevation height is marginal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No lift on RS hurt resale?