Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles Looks Close to Being Complete

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 02:54 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

I believe the track in LA will be longer and better than the one in ATL. I doubt we will be able to drive our cars, or any other Porsche there, based on what I saw in ATL. ATL was not really a race track; more like a small test track. Little runoff, and not too long. A big mix of cars and a few slow drivers ( really slow, like in the left lane of 405 in LA). Still a good couple hours. The simulator wasn't good at all. In any case a great day with friends I had. Cappuccino in the morning was good as well. The restaurant in ATL was awesome for lunch, and I can only imagine the one in LA. I think I will have another place to go for lunch on weekends.

I believe the way to get invited is through dealer - not sure about opening day. I was told I will be invited but maybe out of the country if November 16 is the day. In any case, at $1000 for some laps in a small track, I might be a regular at the restaurant only. I hope I am wrong , and that the track is really good. Still, well worth it if one wants to test a car before buying it. I am looking forward to that. I wish they sold memberships.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:20 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

Very cool. I emailed the general PEC email address since I'll be down there for LA Auto Show. I want to go to the exclusive boutique to look at PTS sample panels. Fingers crossed on PTS 991.2 GT3. Emailed a couple days back, no response yet.

Is there a better way for me to make this visit happen?
Old 10-14-2016, 12:27 PM
tonester99
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke with their rep. yesterday. The opening date is Oct. 29. The booking system is now live. https://www.porschedriving.com/centers/Los-Angeles

Quick Reply: The Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles Looks Close to Being Complete