Sponsored by:

GT3RS rear wing adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 03:31 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 860 Likes on 381 Posts
Default GT3RS rear wing adjustment

I did a search on this topic but I haven't come up with anything conclusive.

Does anyone know the downforce figure difference between the medium wing setting vs. the maximum wing setting? I know Porsche claims 220kg of downforce in the rear, so I'm assuming it's with the wing in the maximum setting. So what is the downforce figure in the medium position?

Second, do you need to remove that mesh cover in the front louvre to balance the addition rear downforce when you adjust the rear wing to the maximum angle? Or can you leave that mesh plate in?
Old 08-28-2016, 01:17 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

IMHO, Getting solid numbers on Race Car Aerodynamics is an exercise in futility. The Maximum Downforce Angle of a wing will vary with the speed of the car, and any attempts to measure its effectiveness in Wind Tunnels and translate those readings into track effectiveness become very frustrating. Even "Rolling Road" Wind tunnels (VERY expensive to use) cannot precisely estimate the diverse "real world" Track affects. This is why manufacturers routinely employ test drivers who can accurately duplicate repetitive Track Lap Times within small fractions of a second to fine-tune their Aerodynamics. What can be seen in wind-tunnels
is the effective path of the winds as a function of the cars basic body design which at least gives them a starting location for Wing placement as you can see in the Video below:
Old 08-28-2016, 02:12 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Cool video, esp watching the vortices form off the end plates for that rear view.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:33 PM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
I did a search on this topic but I haven't come up with anything conclusive.

Does anyone know the downforce figure difference between the medium wing setting vs. the maximum wing setting? I know Porsche claims 220kg of downforce in the rear, so I'm assuming it's with the wing in the maximum setting. So what is the downforce figure in the medium position?

Second, do you need to remove that mesh cover in the front louvre to balance the addition rear downforce when you adjust the rear wing to the maximum angle? Or can you leave that mesh plate in?
1) 220kg of downforce in the rear is "wing in factory setting"
2) Mr.GT3 told at Geneva last year that you need remove mesh cover as you adjust the rear wing.
Find the video from YouTube "Geneva 2015 GT3RS" with Mr.Preuninger.If I remember it was EVO video.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:00 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Where is this front mesh cover?
Old 08-29-2016, 03:09 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Where is this front mesh cover?