Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911R 4 SALE in FL

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 06:15 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Ridiculous. RS should bring more than R. It's more car and cooler too.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:30 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
It shouldn't matter either way since people on this forum are all " enthusiasts " and bought RS/R/GT3/GT4 to drive,correct?

Why don't all the market " experts " on this forum offer some good stock advice to buy if you're qualified. At least we can all benefit and make some money. We certainly aren't making any by following " precious " auto market advice...
I personally could care less what one or another here think a car's worth. And is especially annoying to read " advice " on someone's for sale thread.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:14 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 500 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i pray that PAG make another 5000 RS
the more the better
lower the price so everyone can flog one.
limited edition, cars becoming garage furniture... gets boring fast
Here here! Flogging is where it's at. That's what the cool kids do, flog their GT cars! I was at the dealer again tonite for the Macan nite and got to speak to the GM again, FWIW he thinks they are going to crank out GT cars (all models) in the next few years like blueberry pancakes at a Lion's Club breakfast...
Old 08-26-2016, 02:59 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

They can ask whatever they want. I do sometimes too and when no calls then make adjustment. All it takes is one buyer.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:50 AM
Brindle101
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LnC993
Maybe he does not sell over MSRP to you but to us J6P, Newport did ask over MSRP for their GT cars. The last 3 brand new GT4 I saw in their showroom all had $15k markup.
Yes i had the same experience with those guys, for me they wanted $20k over.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:52 AM
Brindle101
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree!
Old 08-26-2016, 08:55 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by neanicu
It shouldn't matter either way since people on this forum are all " enthusiasts " and bought RS/R/GT3/GT4 to drive,correct?

Why don't all the market " experts " on this forum offer some good stock advice to buy if you're qualified. At least we can all benefit and make some money. We certainly aren't making any by following " precious " auto market advice...
I personally could care less what one or another here think a car's worth. And is especially annoying to read " advice " on someone's for sale thread.
Most here are enthusiasts or they wouldn't be here. You certainly don't have to be a "flogger" to qualify as an enthusiast.

Flippers aren't enthusiasts. Your a flipper based on your original intent on buying the car. However, merely because a car can be sold at a profit and an enthusiasts decides to sell doesn't make him a non enthusiast and a " flipper".

I've owned my FGT for 10 years and it has been worth $100k more than what I paid for a long time now. Not interested in selling it. Don't "flog"it either. No one can tell me I'm not an FGT enthusiast.

Do I hope they continue to rise in value? Hell yes. Would I sell at some point? Sure. Depends.

How many "flippers" do you you think populate the pool of NFGT buyers? Plenty and they will sell as soon as they can. Frankly I hope they show up on the resale market for $1 mil or more which will drive the price of Gen IIs up even more. In fact I think the Gen II will be as or more desirable in time as it mirrors the the Gen I both inside and out and is one of the last MT analogue super cars and has a dry sump alloy block V8. Find that today.

Selling for a profit at some point doesn't mean your a flipper. It means your smart and have decided to move on.

Anyone here who doesn't hope or wouldn't like to see the value of what they own go up in value please step forward and identify yourself.

Last edited by Waxer; 08-26-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:28 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Most here are enthusiasts or they wouldn't be here. You certainly don't have to be a "flogger" to qualify as an enthusiast. Flippers aren't enthusiasts. Your a flipper based on your original intent on buying the car. However, merely because a car can be sold at a profit and an enthusiasts decides to sell doesn't make him a non enthusiast and a " flipper". I've owned my FGT for 10 years and it has been worth $100k more than what I paid for a long time now. Not interested in selling it. Don't "flog"it either. No one can tell me I'm not an FGT enthusiast. Do I hope they continue to rise in value? Hell yes. Would I sell at some point? Sure. Depends. How many "flippers" do you you think populate the pool of NFGT buyers? Plenty as soon as they can. Frankly I hope they show up on the resale market for $1 mil or more which will drive the price of Gen IIs up even more. In fact I think the Gen II will be as or more desirable in time as it mirrors the the Gen I and is one of the last MT analogue super cars and has a dry sump alloy block V8. Find that today. Selling for a profit at some point doesn't mean your a flipper. It means your smart and have decided to move on.
I'm not a " flogger " either and I agree that being a " flogger " doesn't make you more of an enthusiast. That wasn't my point. But there are many " enthusiasts " here who think they can buy these cars/drive them for 2-3K miles and then sell them at a profit. What that makes them,you tell me... Smart like you say? Perhaps..it depends on which side of the argument you're facing. I just thought these cars are bought to be enjoyed for years...
I especially enjoy reading about " mint " cars coming for sale,that have been tearing up tracks for a few thousand miles and then sold at MSRP. And it's " ok " to buy those because they have been " overly maintained " by their owners,yet the same owners will avoid,in most cases,buying these cars. Oh the irony!
Then you have " enthusiasts " who buy tens of cars and store them away,having someone wiping the dust every once in a while...

Who losses in the end? Those that were planning on buying and enjoying these cars without thinking of value and resale,but couldn't get their hands on one.

Again,you won't see me commenting about price in general. I don't care what people ask for their cars. They are not foolish those who ask,but those who pay...it's the way I see it.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:36 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In a nut shell, I really don't care what other people pay or sell their cars for, why should anyone care? Enthusiasts or flippers, do as you want. Let's move on and just enjoy what we have.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Unobtanium to me but at least I got to examine it in the flesh.... as you guys can see there are more candies in the showroom.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:39 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
In a nut shell, I really don't care what other people pay or sell their cars for, why should anyone care? Enthusiasts or flippers, do as you want. Let's move on and just enjoy what we have.
yes
I'm headed to work in mango today
Old 08-26-2016, 10:45 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I got there with Mr. Purple.
Everyone can touch it, it gets rained on and still has last week's Sebring grime on it.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:04 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bossing
Unobtanium to me but at least I got to examine it in the flesh.... as you guys can see there are more candies in the showroom.

IMHO we have really gone down the rabbit hole when you see ropes around a 911 that isn't even a GT car, has the same engine as the RS, has cloth seats a 6 speed manual instead the far superior PDK performance wise and a notch or two below peformance wise to the RS which sits next to it without the "please don't touch" sign or ropes.

Also, why do they need the "Please don't touch sign" if they have ropes?. Do they really think that someone who is going to ignore the ropes will be stopped magically by that sign?
Old 08-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by neanicu
I'm not a " flogger " either and I agree that being a " flogger " doesn't make you more of an enthusiast. That wasn't my point. But there are many " enthusiasts " here who think they can buy these cars/drive them for 2-3K miles and then sell them at a profit. What that makes them,you tell me... Smart like you say? Perhaps..it depends on which side of the argument you're facing. I just thought these cars are bought to be enjoyed for years...
I especially enjoy reading about " mint " cars coming for sale,that have been tearing up tracks for a few thousand miles and then sold at MSRP. And it's " ok " to buy those because they have been " overly maintained " by their owners,yet the same owners will avoid,in most cases,buying these cars. Oh the irony!
Then you have " enthusiasts " who buy tens of cars and store them away,having someone wiping the dust every once in a while...

Who losses in the end? Those that were planning on buying and enjoying these cars without thinking of value and resale,but couldn't get their hands on one.

Again,you won't see me commenting about price in general. I don't care what people ask for their cars. They are not foolish those who ask,but those who pay...it's the way I see it.
Anyone who is looking at cars as an investment is a fool. While there are some cars that have a good chance at increasing in value they are usually reserved from the lucky, the priviledged or the rich. My grandmother, my she rest in peace was right. The rich get all the bargains.

By a car which "stirs your soul" that you can afford. If it turns out to increase or hold its value you have just won the daily double.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:13 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

IMHO we have really gone down the rabbit hole when you see ropes around a 911 that isn't even a GT car, has the same engine as the RS, has cloth seats a 6 speed manual instead the far superior PDK performance wise and a notch or two below peformance wise to the RS which sits next to it without the "please don't touch" sign or ropes.

Also, why do they need the "Please don't touch sign" if they have ropes?. Do they really think that someone who is going to ignore the ropes will be stopped magically by that sign?
Well with the exorbitant rate these R unicorns are going for, obviously they are treating it like a Louvre centerpiece. Go figure. I do agree that at least for me I'd rather get a GT3 RS instead of an R but you well know there are diehard Porsche collectors or simply affluent folks out there who will either appreciate or just-must-have this R more than a bonafide performance-first RS. The chase... the braggin rights... you know my gist.

This is South FL... signs nor ropes won't deter lack of etiquette or courteous manners anyway.

Quick Reply: 911R 4 SALE in FL