Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

garage car lifts

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 04:30 PM
jchou38
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am assuming don't buy the aluminium deck from bendpak, just have them custom fabricated
Old 11-29-2018, 04:36 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover

Gemini lift is nice. Built very well.

I really am slacking. Very nice!
Old 11-29-2018, 05:35 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Washington DC area
Bummer.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:16 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

my car is 16’ long, it’s just poor engineering and cheap materials, the drip trays are not meant to hold anything BUT they can’t even hold their own weight. BTW I have an extra set of their 48” aluminum ramps if anyone is interested, preferably local.
I have the plastic drip trays with mine. They do just fine. Possibly you have them upside down.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:55 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
I have the plastic drip trays with mine. They do just fine. Possibly you have them upside down.
you’re kidding ...
Old 11-29-2018, 07:00 PM
smbryan
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners
My garage lift is shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDqX74vJU0o&t=10s
Pretty sick!
Old 11-29-2018, 07:27 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

my car is 16’ long, it’s just poor engineering and cheap materials, the drip trays are not meant to hold anything BUT they can’t even hold their own weight. BTW I have an extra set of their 48” aluminum ramps if anyone is interested, preferably local.
I've heard about something called "plywood" that is supposedly sold at Home Depot and Lowes. It comes in 3/4" thick 4' x 8' sheets and can be cut with a circular saw to exactly fit your lift. You can even paint it to match the color of your car. Seems too good to be true, but it might be worth investigating.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:23 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Might be interested...where are you located?
Get Race Ramps instead. They make a set for HD9 and can even customize further for your specific needs. They are extremely light.

I totally forgot I wanted to check out their Black Friday deal and order a set. I just have the standard steel ramps.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:36 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

This is a forum where users like you and I review products. I’m providing feedback for a specific product that I purchased so others can make an educated decision.
Regarding your smarta*s comment... a drip pan catches fluids... plywood would either absorb or let it run down... oh well I’m sure you can caulk it and install some drain lines somewhere there...

Originally Posted by alpine-al
I've heard about something called "plywood" that is supposedly sold at Home Depot and Lowes. It comes in 3/4" thick 4' x 8' sheets and can be cut with a circular saw to exactly fit your lift. You can even paint it to match the color of your car. Seems too good to be true, but it might be worth investigating.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:49 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

This is a forum where users like you and I review products. I’m providing feedback for a specific product that I purchased so others can make an educated decision.
Regarding your smarta*s comment... a drip pan catches fluids... plywood would either absorb or let it run down... oh well I’m sure you can caulk it and install some drain lines somewhere there...

Tough crowd, as always. I have 6 of the plastic drip pans (2 X HD9s) and only one pan in use, and it is clean, and sags a bit. But if you want to store stuff across the lift then 3/4 plywood is fine and cheap. If you need drain lines because of the "Amaco Cadiz" above then you need to put a slop sink under it sitting on plywood, because that plastic pan will only hold a few drips before it folds up and drops. Part of the Catch and Release program. I have already drawn up some trays to be fabricated from 1/8 aluminum, TIG or MIG welded to be leak free. I designed them to slide in the inside channels of the runways. Design intent was to be a shallow tray divided into 3 spaces left to right, and maybe 18" total front to back. When you walk under the car you can stand upright, but not so easy to see tools sitting on the runways. This tray keeps them a bit lower and easy to see, slide where you need it. And if anything leaks out while you are working on it, contained in one of the zones. Nice project for me on a Saturday this winter. Hmm.....maybe 304 instead of aluminum?
Old 11-30-2018, 07:31 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

you’re kidding ...
not at all. maybe you should look at them closer. They will hold drips either side up. Mine droop one way, If I turn them over no droop. Certainly isn't rocket science.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:54 AM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
not at all. maybe you should look at them closer. They will hold drips either side up. Mine droop one way, If I turn them over no droop. Certainly isn't rocket science.
I have two of them, they do droop as they are thin plastic but will catch most fluid leaks apart from something more catastrophic - work great for my use case as I want to easily take them out to inspect/work on my cars.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:50 AM
RADONCulous
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 67 Posts

Challenger lift
Old 12-01-2018, 12:22 AM
CSS Group
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered a couple of these today (Titan SUV model). Amazing customer service, no one came close to them. I had a bunch of questions since I have lil kiddos that run around. They also have installers they work with. Worth the quick phone call to see if it fits the bill.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:32 AM
MBR993
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
I just installed a Challenger 4 post lift about 3 weeks ago. Called the local lift company and they talked me into the Challenger (I was asking for Bendpak). Works great and doesn't need an air compressor like the Bendpak. Like discussed earlier, you will need a garage door company to come and raise the tracks and put in a new wall mount opener (https://www.liftmaster.com/liftmaste...opener/p/8500W) Garage door guy charged me around $1200 for everything. Lift cost me $4700 including installation. Don't try to install yourself. I watched 3 guys who do it every day take 6 hours to get it complete it. Would have taken me a week or more I'm betting! I have 10' ceilings and 2 Pcars fit easily. Could probably make 9'6" work if you needed to. Here is a pic.

Which Challenger did you buy? 7000lb or 9000lb? I am looking at the CL4P7

Quick Reply: garage car lifts