Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

garage car lifts

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 11:53 AM
toddjude
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Great thread. It appears most of you make the wife park outside lol.

I am leaning towards the Bendpak based on what I am seeing. Autostacker looks like it would be tough (impossible) to exit if you pull the car forward.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:56 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by toddjude
Great thread. It appears most of you make the wife park outside lol.

I am leaning towards the Bendpak based on what I am seeing. Autostacker looks like it would be tough (impossible) to exit if you pull the car forward.
If you have the budget, buy a single post, that’s what I would have liked to have instead of the 4 Post Bendpak I ended up getting.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:19 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
I did not bolt mine to the floor. Installer recommended against it and said he rarely bolts them down.
Originally Posted by cbrett
i had mine bolted to the floor. just got it wired up yesterday. pics hopefully in a week or two.
Any chance either of you could post pics of your Autostacker. Particularly at the point(s) of where they are intended to be bolted down.

I have Racedeck flooring in my garage and wondering how I will go about it if my installer suggests bolting it down....
Old 09-01-2018, 12:35 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
If you have the budget, buy a single post, that’s what I would have liked to have instead of the 4 Post Bendpak I ended up getting.
Yep, single post is the obvious choice to me, to minimize intrusion. I'll likely be doing that, just need to pour footings for it to ensure it's safe. And so glad I read this thread, I'm on the porcelain tile bandwagon now, just need to find it on clearance.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:48 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
Yep, single post is the obvious choice to me, to minimize intrusion. I'll likely be doing that, just need to pour footings for it to ensure it's safe. And so glad I read this thread, I'm on the porcelain tile bandwagon now, just need to find it on clearance.
Not sure your garage design but I’d rather do a high quality (not Home Depot) epoxy floor to avoid grout lines and chipping
Old 09-01-2018, 11:40 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

Let's see these Autostackers installed. Was going to go that way but next to no reviews or forum opinions on these. Went HD9 for few reasons.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:08 AM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 73 Posts

I am out of town for the next week but plan to take some pics and video of the autostacker when i get back as well as provide a detailed reiview. Will keep yall posted.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:37 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by MEM82
Hi all,

I'm interested In getting a 4 post lift, for storage purpases.
Celiling is 13.5 feet and the distance to the horizontal supporting beam Is about 11 feet.

I want to start thinking about the project. I'll have to have someone move the garage door motor. I assume I should have this done first before I start shopping for lifts? Also how is atlas compared to bendpak? The motor and opened door height is to be moved by the garage door company and the lift installed by someone the company recommends?

I supposeI should read this thread because I am glancing and seeing suggestionga of Challenger, rotarg., Etc.
Looks like you will need to keep the new location of the doors entirely in front of and at least even with beam bottom. The distance that you can raise the rails is also the distance the ceiling rails can be made shorter. Bay in foreground looks to have some sort of boxout in the way? Other bay looks like it will clear.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:51 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Slightly off subject on garage car lifts but I am looking to install a car lift and a garage heater. I live in Chicago. I've seen people use the Modine Hot Dawg heaters. Any other suggestions? It is for a 3 car garage with 1,000 SF.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:49 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by alevine
Slightly off subject on garage car lifts but I am looking to install a car lift and a garage heater. I live in Chicago. I've seen people use the Modine Hot Dawg heaters. Any other suggestions? It is for a 3 car garage with 1,000 SF.
I'm also doing a heater after the lift is installed. I've heard those heaters are good.

Curious as a standard 2 car garage is 400 sq ft. You must have a lot of more space with 3 cars in and 1,000 sq ft....
Old 09-04-2018, 11:38 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3
This is the best thing I have ever seen.

haha that is mine. Looks like my teens wrecked the place
Old 09-05-2018, 02:03 PM
saildoc
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like the look of the autostacker-no cables, nice built in ramp for low clearance cars without having to take off the dangling ramps to the get the next car below it-plus a full deck to keep drips/sand/rocks from falling off the upper car. I would stacking a 2018 GT3=50.0 inches and a 2012 Cayman R=51.0 inches. Just measured my garage ceiling, 117 inches. Hoping that is enough clearance to do it.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:07 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by saildoc
I really like the look of the autostacker-no cables, nice built in ramp for low clearance cars without having to take off the dangling ramps to the get the next car below it-plus a full deck to keep drips/sand/rocks from falling off the upper car. I would stacking a 2018 GT3=50.0 inches and a 2012 Cayman R=51.0 inches. Just measured my garage ceiling, 117 inches. Hoping that is enough clearance to do it.
it will be tight but may be possible. Give them a call and they will email you a ‘calculator’ to figure it out. I e had several people reach out to me asking questions about it. I hope to have some pics and a basic review up on sunday or monday.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:15 PM
saildoc
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrett

it will be tight but may be possible. Give them a call and they will email you a ‘calculator’ to figure it out. I e had several people reach out to me asking questions about it. I hope to have some pics and a basic review up on sunday or monday.
Thanks!
Old 09-05-2018, 07:45 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GT TREE
I'm also doing a heater after the lift is installed. I've heard those heaters are good.

Curious as a standard 2 car garage is 400 sq ft. You must have a lot of more space with 3 cars in and 1,000 sq ft....
Yes, there is a lot of space with only three cars in the garage! It's nice to have space to walk around, store tires/wheels, etc. and still easily get ingress/egress from your cars!

Quick Reply: garage car lifts