Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

I have no odors on my lift at all.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:29 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsches
HYDRAULIC FLUID CHOICES - Anyone here with a sensitive nose?
Is there a hydraulic fluid that will not smell at all? My lifts are going into a garage here there will be people constantly, so I would like to find a fluid that has a pleasant smell, or no smell. I've been told use something like Dexron 3 ATF fluid. Any comments on a good solution to my Autostacker lifts? BTW my lifts are here. http://bit.ly/2NxLgt3
I use the ATF in both of mine and notice no smell.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:18 PM
caciquemd
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default MR6K-38

Just recently purchased from ASE.

Did research and wanted a “flush” mount due to ceiling height and wife request of no “taking up space”, but cost of those + installation was gonna get out of hand.

When not in use I move to the side and park one of the other cars on it.

Just finished installing BMC Air Filter, Soul Performance Sport Cats and changing brake fluid to Motul! It was a breeze with the lift.

Old 05-11-2019, 12:17 AM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I had a BendPak HD-7W installed today. I was at work and not present for the install. I rushed home quickly after work to look at my new toy and boy am I disappointed with my unit. There are nicks and scratches all over! Rust has formed in many places already and supposedly this thing is brand new, although it does list a date of manufacture of January 2018. I paid for a brand new unit but candidly I'm not certain this wasn't sitting in a warehouse for 16 months and moved around a lot or if this is typical of BendPak quality? Needless to say I am not happy. I sent an email this evening to the company I purchased the unit from advising them of my displeasure. No response yet from them but glad I charged this to a credit card. Is this typical BendPak quality? If so, I will look at other brands as it's not acceptable to me. Thoughts?

Old 05-11-2019, 12:32 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I have an HD-9XW.
Mine had a few nicks and scratches I didn’t like as well; however, no where near the number and degree that you have. I complained and they sent me some touchup spray paint which did not make things look much better. I ended up getting about $500 back which I was happy with since the lift looked mostly good.
I would just have them replace your lift. That is unfortunate. Sorry man. I can tell you that the lift works great though.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:17 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

I think some of those scratches are from the installers. Appears some of those pieces were dragged instead of carefully lifted. How many people were present for the install?
Old 05-11-2019, 01:24 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

Mine had some small nicks and scratches that were fixed with touch up paint. Not as bad as yours though. I’d definitely get some funds back.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:44 AM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 112 Posts

My rotary lift was blemish free and still is 3 years later. Zero rust. Have them take it back and get a rotary
Old 05-11-2019, 08:56 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

You can see some old ones from storing it so long + new caused by the installer, remember there are areas that you can’t see so the rust is a no no
The installer should have refused delivery and not install after inspecting it
Old 05-11-2019, 09:07 AM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Rotary lift is the way to go. Own two, flawless, mostly American made and passes all safety certs.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:03 AM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I’ve owned this 8000 lbs Eagle Lift for nearly 3 years. I caught it on sale for $1,900.00 with a number of added accessories. Looks like the price now is $2499.00. Drove to Greensboro NC, about 3 hours away to save on shipping costs and the hassle of delivery..
Does what you expect lifts to do well. I live at the beach, no rust or corrosion, would buy again....JB
https://www.eagleequip.com/

Old 05-12-2019, 12:24 AM
ILLCOMM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alevine
I had a BendPak HD-7W installed today. I was at work and not present for the install. I rushed home quickly after work to look at my new toy and boy am I disappointed with my unit. There are nicks and scratches all over! Rust has formed in many places already and supposedly this thing is brand new, although it does list a date of manufacture of January 2018. I paid for a brand new unit but candidly I'm not certain this wasn't sitting in a warehouse for 16 months and moved around a lot or if this is typical of BendPak quality? Needless to say I am not happy. I sent an email this evening to the company I purchased the unit from advising them of my displeasure. No response yet from them but glad I charged this to a credit card. Is this typical BendPak quality? If so, I will look at other brands as it's not acceptable to me. Thoughts?

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I just got one installed and it's flawless.

Did you buy direct from BendPak or was it an inventory item from your installer?

It ships in wood crates (sort of) and has to be offloaded with a machine et cetera. If installer "received" it by dragging it and such (easily done, my installer had to treat the thing with care getting it off his trailer and into my garage) then I could see how this could happen.

Regardless, what you got is unacceptable and I would absolutely call BendPak and raise hell.

EDIT: Just checked, my HD-9, installed about a month ago, was manufactured in late September 2018.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:51 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for the responses and insight everyone! I was not present for the install. Unfortunately I was booked with meetings and I was unable to be present. I spoke to the installer yesterday and he too agreed the condition was unacceptable. Not sure why he continued with the install when he noticed the defects! Oh well, it's his labor cost and not mine.

My installer is a BendPak dealer as they sell a lot of them here in Chicago. He did comment that BendPak has a program for $500-$700 that they will hand pack each piece to make sure it is delivered scratch free. I told him that is the dumbest thing someone has said to me in quite some time. So you're telling me if I don't pay an extra $500-$700 I should expect a scratched and dinged up product? What? Anyways, he is going to contact his rep at BendPak tomorrow to work on a replacement. Worse case is I purchase another brand that does a better job packing their goods. I paid a lot of money for a new lift. I want one that is defect free! Pretty simple ask.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:20 PM
ILLCOMM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alevine
He did comment that BendPak has a program for $500-$700 that they will hand pack each piece to make sure it is delivered scratch free.
This is BS.

Stop playing with the installer and contact BendPak directly. Installer is 100% cause of problem. Zero chance the lift left BendPak in that condition and zero chance BendPak would sell a 1/2018 production lift now (my experience is proof enough). Allowing dealer to own solution is likely going to lead to more runaround and BS.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:23 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Looks like your installer gave you an used unit.

Quick Reply: garage car lifts