Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

garage car lifts

 
Old 01-16-2019, 02:24 PM
  #301  
joejenie
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
joejenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 685
Default

Originally Posted by GrantG View Post

I love everything about this setup, except shouldnít the air-cooled car be on the bottom?

You know what they say: If you have an air-cooled car thatís not leaking oil, then itís out of oil

Congrats on a great garage
Several reasons the 993 is on top. 1. I have trays to catch oil, but this one has 0 leaks. Just did an engine out service this fall and replaced all seals and anything rubber. 2. I seem to drive the 3RS more. 3. The 3RS drags the front lip getting on or off the top even with FAL lifted. So just easier to have the 993 up there.
joejenie is online now  
Old 01-16-2019, 02:26 PM
  #302  
GiuseppeM
User
 
GiuseppeM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,215
Default

Originally Posted by smbryan View Post
What makes the Challenger lift(s) superior to the Bendpak lift(s)?
I have the Bendpak and they require a compressor to lower the car (due to safety locks).
Itís really annoying and I wouldnít buy it again for that reason alone.
i should have spent a little more and get the single post lift.
GiuseppeM is online now  
Old 01-16-2019, 02:42 PM
  #303  
Dr. Ferdinand
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Dr. Ferdinand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North of 4,000 RPM
Posts: 1,313
Default

Originally Posted by Corino View Post
If anyone is looking for a storage lift please pm me. I own several napa stores and can get you a great price drop shipped anywhere in the USA!
Takng mental note
Dr. Ferdinand is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 05:36 PM
  #304  
wareaglescott
User
 
wareaglescott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 951
Default

Originally Posted by tstafford View Post
Question - I have a nearly one year old lift in my garage at the track. It got used rarely - maybe a dozen times this past year because I wasn't storing an extra car down there.

How often are you guys changing the hydraulic fluid? Is that an annual thing or less frequent based on usage?

Thanks in advance.
Both my Bendpaks (2 and 4 post) call for automatic transmission fluid. The recommended maintenance in the owners manual doesn't even mention changing it. It just says check and fill if needed every 3 months. Seeing as I have had many trucks with over 100,000 miles of use on them with the original ATF I dont really plan on ever changing mine on the lift with the number of cycles it gets. I dont believe it is like brake fluid that needs changed based on time interva because it takes in moisture. I do check the lubrication, cables etc as recommended. I certainly wouldn't be to worried about changing the fluid.
wareaglescott is online now  
Old 01-16-2019, 08:30 PM
  #305  
Apex-Monkey
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 62
Default

Has anyone on the forums installed a PL-6KDT bendpak platform in their home ? Do you wish you have gone with a standard 4 post lift ? Good/Bad Experience with the lift ? What would you consider the biggest drawback for this platform ? Thank you for all comments!

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/pa...lifts/pl-6kdt/
Apex-Monkey is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 08:32 PM
  #306  
GiuseppeM
User
 
GiuseppeM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,215
Default

Originally Posted by Apex-Monkey View Post
Has anyone on the forums installed a PL-6KDT bendpak platform in their home ? Do you wish you have gone with a standard 4 post lift ? Good/Bad Experience with the lift ? What would you consider the biggest drawback for this platform ? Thank you for all comments!

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/pa...lifts/pl-6kdt/
I would personally get 2 single post lifts, there is another member that has them, check out the garage thread
GiuseppeM is online now  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:30 PM
  #307  
alevine
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
alevine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 456
Default

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM View Post
I would personally get 2 single post lifts, there is another member that has them, check out the garage thread
I too have been considering this BendPak two car lift as I like the fact that there are less poles and obstructions compared to two single lifts next to each other. I also like the ability to raise/lower one of the sides without having to move both cars under the lift. Iím curious to hear others input too. Seems like a cool product.
alevine is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:39 PM
  #308  
SToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,547
Default

Originally Posted by MBR993
About ready to buy my lift. Plan to store my 993 Cab. on top and park my daily driver 991 C4S below. After too much research and discussion (according to my wife). I am favoring the Challenger lifts but haven't decided which branded version of the 7000lb lift to buy. All three of these are the same lift manufactured by Challenger but sold by three different companies. I will buy a 7000lb lift primarily due to size constraints in my garage (I need something <165" long to avoid encroaching on my workbench area and <110" wide to avoid encroaching on my wife's side of the garage). I am not interested in Bendpak due to the need for air lock release and limited space in my garage for the air compressor. I realize that although Backyard Buddy is a really nice lift, it is overpriced and really does not add enough benefit for the price. I also learned that everyone that reviews their lift or posts about the lift they put in their garage loves the one they bought and thinks it is the best.

Challenger CL4P7: http://www.challengerlifts.com/products/cl4p9x/
AC Lifts Voyager ACV7: https://aclifts.com/lifts/voyager-4-post-car-lift/
Quality Lifts Q4P07: http://www.qualitylifts.com/Q4P07.shtml

Having the garage track lift kit and wall mount garage door opener installed next week and then will order the car lift. Hope to be stacking my cars in a few weeks!
Sounds like you've decided but all you need is a small 2 gallon portable compressor for the air locks. No space at all. I put an HD9 in last summer. Great lift!
SToronto is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:41 PM
  #309  
SToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,547
Default

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Yes make sure also that you move the emergency stops!
+1 the programming can change. Physical stops should be used if there's risk of hitting something.
SToronto is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:45 PM
  #310  
SToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,547
Default

Originally Posted by alevine
I too have been considering this BendPak two car lift as I like the fact that there are less poles and obstructions compared to two single lifts next to each other. I also like the ability to raise/lower one of the sides without having to move both cars under the lift. Iím curious to hear others input too. Seems like a cool product.
Also look at their autostacker. Fairly new on the market. When I researched last year I couldn't find reviews, like maybe 1-2 IIRC. Now some guys on here have them and like it.
SToronto is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:47 PM
  #311  
SToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,547
Default

Originally Posted by Apex-Monkey
Has anyone on the forums installed a PL-6KDT bendpak platform in their home ? Do you wish you have gone with a standard 4 post lift ? Good/Bad Experience with the lift ? What would you consider the biggest drawback for this platform ? Thank you for all comments!

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/pa...lifts/pl-6kdt/
Cost looks like a big factor there. I didn't read all the requirements and specs to understand limitations.

I'd suggest throughly researching options to ensure your space can support the lift and then can the lift support your vehicle needs. Measure twice too.
SToronto is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 07:21 AM
  #312  
wareaglescott
User
 
wareaglescott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 951
Default

Originally Posted by MBR993 View Post
About ready to buy my lift. Plan to store my 993 Cab. on top and park my daily driver 991 C4S below. After too much research and discussion (according to my wife). I am favoring the Challenger lifts but haven't decided which branded version of the 7000lb lift to buy. All three of these are the same lift manufactured by Challenger but sold by three different companies. I will buy a 7000lb lift primarily due to size constraints in my garage (I need something <165" long to avoid encroaching on my workbench area and <110" wide to avoid encroaching on my wife's side of the garage). I am not interested in Bendpak due to the need for air lock release and limited space in my garage for the air compressor. I realize that although Backyard Buddy is a really nice lift, it is overpriced and really does not add enough benefit for the price. I also learned that everyone that reviews their lift or posts about the lift they put in their garage loves the one they bought and thinks it is the best.

Challenger CL4P7: http://www.challengerlifts.com/products/cl4p9x/
AC Lifts Voyager ACV7: https://aclifts.com/lifts/voyager-4-post-car-lift/
Quality Lifts Q4P07: http://www.qualitylifts.com/Q4P07.shtml

Having the garage track lift kit and wall mount garage door opener installed next week and then will order the car lift. Hope to be stacking my cars in a few weeks!
I would just add that once you add a lift to your garage you may find yourself more willing to take on DIY maintenance projects on your cars. Any good working garage should have an air source. I wouldn't rule out the bendpak just because it needs an air source to release the safety locks. You may end up with a compressor anyways.
wareaglescott is online now  
Old 01-17-2019, 09:32 AM
  #313  
Augdog1964
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 40
Default

I have three Bendpak 4 post lifts... love them. I always have a compressor in my garage, so no issues with the safety locks... HOWEVER I have a Bendpak compressor system that installs on the lift that stores air pressure on the way up to allow safety locks to be removed later... if anyone wants it, I'd gladly make you a good deal... don't know why I even ordered it.
Augdog1964 is offline  
Old 02-22-2019, 04:55 AM
  #314  
mrgreystone
New User
 
mrgreystone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Default

Greetings all.
This thread is very helpful for me. Getting ready to improve things in the garage.
The main component that the garage will be rearranged around is a car lift.
I definitely need a 2-post post car lift. Thank you very much for your replies.

Last edited by mrgreystone; 03-03-2019 at 09:36 AM.
mrgreystone is offline  
Old 03-30-2019, 09:50 PM
  #315  
MBR993
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
MBR993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 71
Default



Finally installed today! Very happy with my Quality/Challenger lift
MBR993 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: garage car lifts


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: