Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

garage car lifts

Old 01-16-2019, 02:24 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG

I love everything about this setup, except shouldn’t the air-cooled car be on the bottom?

You know what they say: If you have an air-cooled car that’s not leaking oil, then it’s out of oil

Congrats on a great garage
Several reasons the 993 is on top. 1. I have trays to catch oil, but this one has 0 leaks. Just did an engine out service this fall and replaced all seals and anything rubber. 2. I seem to drive the 3RS more. 3. The 3RS drags the front lip getting on or off the top even with FAL lifted. So just easier to have the 993 up there.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:26 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by smbryan
What makes the Challenger lift(s) superior to the Bendpak lift(s)?
I have the Bendpak and they require a compressor to lower the car (due to safety locks).
It’s really annoying and I wouldn’t buy it again for that reason alone.
i should have spent a little more and get the single post lift.
The following users liked this post:
17bhub (03-18-2020)
Old 01-16-2019, 02:42 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Corino
If anyone is looking for a storage lift please pm me. I own several napa stores and can get you a great price drop shipped anywhere in the USA!
Takng mental note
Old 01-16-2019, 05:36 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Question - I have a nearly one year old lift in my garage at the track. It got used rarely - maybe a dozen times this past year because I wasn't storing an extra car down there.

How often are you guys changing the hydraulic fluid? Is that an annual thing or less frequent based on usage?

Thanks in advance.
Both my Bendpaks (2 and 4 post) call for automatic transmission fluid. The recommended maintenance in the owners manual doesn't even mention changing it. It just says check and fill if needed every 3 months. Seeing as I have had many trucks with over 100,000 miles of use on them with the original ATF I dont really plan on ever changing mine on the lift with the number of cycles it gets. I dont believe it is like brake fluid that needs changed based on time interva because it takes in moisture. I do check the lubrication, cables etc as recommended. I certainly wouldn't be to worried about changing the fluid.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:30 PM
Apex-Monkey
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone on the forums installed a PL-6KDT bendpak platform in their home ? Do you wish you have gone with a standard 4 post lift ? Good/Bad Experience with the lift ? What would you consider the biggest drawback for this platform ? Thank you for all comments!

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/pa...lifts/pl-6kdt/
Old 01-16-2019, 08:32 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex-Monkey
Has anyone on the forums installed a PL-6KDT bendpak platform in their home ? Do you wish you have gone with a standard 4 post lift ? Good/Bad Experience with the lift ? What would you consider the biggest drawback for this platform ? Thank you for all comments!

I would personally get 2 single post lifts, there is another member that has them, check out the garage thread
Old 01-16-2019, 09:30 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
I would personally get 2 single post lifts, there is another member that has them, check out the garage thread
I too have been considering this BendPak two car lift as I like the fact that there are less poles and obstructions compared to two single lifts next to each other. I also like the ability to raise/lower one of the sides without having to move both cars under the lift. I’m curious to hear others input too. Seems like a cool product.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:39 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by MBR993
About ready to buy my lift. Plan to store my 993 Cab. on top and park my daily driver 991 C4S below. After too much research and discussion (according to my wife). I am favoring the Challenger lifts but haven't decided which branded version of the 7000lb lift to buy. All three of these are the same lift manufactured by Challenger but sold by three different companies. I will buy a 7000lb lift primarily due to size constraints in my garage (I need something <165" long to avoid encroaching on my workbench area and <110" wide to avoid encroaching on my wife's side of the garage). I am not interested in Bendpak due to the need for air lock release and limited space in my garage for the air compressor. I realize that although Backyard Buddy is a really nice lift, it is overpriced and really does not add enough benefit for the price. I also learned that everyone that reviews their lift or posts about the lift they put in their garage loves the one they bought and thinks it is the best.

Challenger CL4P7: http://www.challengerlifts.com/products/cl4p9x/
AC Lifts Voyager ACV7: https://aclifts.com/lifts/voyager-4-post-car-lift/
Quality Lifts Q4P07: http://www.qualitylifts.com/Q4P07.shtml

Having the garage track lift kit and wall mount garage door opener installed next week and then will order the car lift. Hope to be stacking my cars in a few weeks!
Sounds like you've decided but all you need is a small 2 gallon portable compressor for the air locks. No space at all. I put an HD9 in last summer. Great lift!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:41 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Yes make sure also that you move the emergency stops!
+1 the programming can change. Physical stops should be used if there's risk of hitting something.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:45 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alevine
I too have been considering this BendPak two car lift as I like the fact that there are less poles and obstructions compared to two single lifts next to each other. I also like the ability to raise/lower one of the sides without having to move both cars under the lift. I’m curious to hear others input too. Seems like a cool product.
Also look at their autostacker. Fairly new on the market. When I researched last year I couldn't find reviews, like maybe 1-2 IIRC. Now some guys on here have them and like it.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:47 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Apex-Monkey

Cost looks like a big factor there. I didn't read all the requirements and specs to understand limitations.

I'd suggest throughly researching options to ensure your space can support the lift and then can the lift support your vehicle needs. Measure twice too.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:21 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by MBR993
About ready to buy my lift. Plan to store my 993 Cab. on top and park my daily driver 991 C4S below. After too much research and discussion (according to my wife). I am favoring the Challenger lifts but haven't decided which branded version of the 7000lb lift to buy. All three of these are the same lift manufactured by Challenger but sold by three different companies. I will buy a 7000lb lift primarily due to size constraints in my garage (I need something <165" long to avoid encroaching on my workbench area and <110" wide to avoid encroaching on my wife's side of the garage). I am not interested in Bendpak due to the need for air lock release and limited space in my garage for the air compressor. I realize that although Backyard Buddy is a really nice lift, it is overpriced and really does not add enough benefit for the price. I also learned that everyone that reviews their lift or posts about the lift they put in their garage loves the one they bought and thinks it is the best.

Challenger CL4P7: http://www.challengerlifts.com/products/cl4p9x/
AC Lifts Voyager ACV7: https://aclifts.com/lifts/voyager-4-post-car-lift/
Quality Lifts Q4P07: http://www.qualitylifts.com/Q4P07.shtml

Having the garage track lift kit and wall mount garage door opener installed next week and then will order the car lift. Hope to be stacking my cars in a few weeks!
I would just add that once you add a lift to your garage you may find yourself more willing to take on DIY maintenance projects on your cars. Any good working garage should have an air source. I wouldn't rule out the bendpak just because it needs an air source to release the safety locks. You may end up with a compressor anyways.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:32 AM
Augdog1964
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I have three Bendpak 4 post lifts... love them. I always have a compressor in my garage, so no issues with the safety locks... HOWEVER I have a Bendpak compressor system that installs on the lift that stores air pressure on the way up to allow safety locks to be removed later... if anyone wants it, I'd gladly make you a good deal... don't know why I even ordered it.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:55 AM
mrgreystone
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings all.
This thread is very helpful for me. Getting ready to improve things in the garage.
The main component that the garage will be rearranged around is a car lift.
I definitely need a 2-post post car lift. Thank you very much for your replies.

Last edited by mrgreystone; 03-03-2019 at 09:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
AG GTS (10-08-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 09:50 PM
MBR993
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Finally installed today! Very happy with my Quality/Challenger lift

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: garage car lifts