Sponsored by:

Any info on 991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 09:09 PM
Catmagog
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Very smart call. It might just be the last NA RS, time will tell.
Tend to agree. Why push out as many 991.1RS's as one can if a 991.2RS is coming?

In addition NA cars are being left in the dust ito performance by the turbo cars i.e. 488 and 675LT and however much the "purity" of NA is appealing its just too costly to engineer them to perform like their turbo equivalents.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:48 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmagog
Tend to agree. Why push out as many 991.1RS's as one can if a 991.2RS is coming?

In addition NA cars are being left in the dust ito performance by the turbo cars i.e. 488 and 675LT and however much the "purity" of NA is appealing its just too costly to engineer them to perform like their turbo equivalents.
I think at some point Porsche will no longer produce NA engines for just the GT3.
Maybe as early as 992 series everything will be turbo.

Therefore the 991 GT3 cars will become a world of their own.

This would make the outgoing 991RS extremely attractive.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:11 PM
Catmagog
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Very smart call. It might just be the last NA RS, time will tell.
Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I think at some point Porsche will no longer produce NA engines for just the GT3.
Maybe as early as 992 series everything will be turbo.

Therefore the 991 GT3 cars will become a world of their own.

This would make the outgoing 991RS extremely attractive.
yup my view exactly. Lamborghini will go V8 TT for the entire range after current Aventador and Huracan. McLaren is already there and Ferrari is there in the V8 cars.

Porsche wont produce a car that cant compete. Makes no sense
Old 08-25-2016, 11:34 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
IMO, there will be a 991.2 GT3 which will have a 3.8L with RS intake and manual option and some improved aero; will be slower vs. 991.1 RS on track, but faster vs. 991.1 GT3; manual option will make it special; and since it's a GT3; they will make as many as they can sell... and that will leverage the R&D used to fit manual in the R, tune it, etc. and keeping it a 3.8L and massed produced will protect value of the R's. I think they won't do a .2 RS; but will do a GT2/RS to showcase the benefits of turbos in GT cars; they will showcase no turbo lag and controllable torque.. will be the fastest 911 ever to lap the ring; this will lead to a softer transition to 992.. will silence the N/A loyalists.... as they make the 992.1 GT3/RS turbo'ed. i don't see the 997 timeline as a good indicator for the current situation; which is completely different vs. back then.
Originally Posted by bill357
if this is the case, values should soar! hopefully
why woudl you want GT3 prices to soar? i hope all GT3/RS take a dump in price next week, and i say this as a multiple RS owner. then we will get rid of speculator and see more of these things on the road tailgating each other and not worry so much about mileage.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:49 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 500 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
why woudl you want GT3 prices to soar? i hope all GT3/RS take a dump in price next week, and i say this as a multiple RS owner. then we will get rid of speculator and see more of these things on the road tailgating each other and not worry so much about mileage.
Mr. Mooty.. why are you parting with your new SSD already? Pretty good price btw. I am waiting for a black dial at my dealer (white is still 12 months out). Do you want the white dial now? Or need the money for more plush bears?
Old 08-26-2016, 11:16 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Dealer says they get allocations on .2 GT3, .2 GT3RS and GT2RS. NO GT2 allocations !
Old 08-27-2016, 02:51 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Mr. Mooty.. why are you parting with your new SSD already? Pretty good price btw. I am waiting for a black dial at my dealer (white is still 12 months out). Do you want the white dial now? Or need the money for more plush bears?
i have 4 SSD
white and blk random serial 4 months old non ceramic bezel
white and blk ceramic dial

i am getting old
i set timer as our family did hikes in jackson hole wyoming (beautiful place, i survived with bison and moose with no porsche for 10 days). the wife ask me how long have we hiked. i look .... guess what, i cannot read it, glasses on glasses off.... wtf... i just can't read the little ticks..... beside SSD, all my watches are 46mm or bigger.

so that's why i am selling. the blk is the last one. the others sold very quickly i am actually suprissed why this one took so long

are you waiting for ceramic bezel? look at it closly, i think it's looses the daytona'ess. tryiing to be too modern and the subdials outer ring is too bright next to black face AND black bezel. your call. if you dont want the ceramic bezel, pm me. maybe you get special price.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:14 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mooty. I hear your pain. Have been a watch guy for almost 3 decades with up to 24 pieces in the collection at one time including a number of vintage Rolex and Tudor Chronographs.

It saddens me to say that today I find my daily wear GMTII Ceramic (since 2009). too difficult to read. In the last 3 years my reading vision suffers. Also with Rolex I find their flat crystal and cyclops date distort the view. Very uncomfortable to read. First my Sew Dwellers left, then my Subbys and now my GMTs. The only Rolex I find relatively easy to read is a black dial Daytona. By next year they will all be gone. I am currently finding my Omega SpeedMaster Moon watch by far the easiest watch, and its always been one of the nicest feeling watches on my wrist (very comfortable). Nice big dial and the hesalite (plastic) plexi is domed and doesnt distort under bringht light so its easy to read even with aging eyes. One of my least expensive pieces is now my favouirte. Apart from that and a dressier watch for special occasions and a Rolex chrono thats all I will have now. There is simply no point owning these hings is you cant even see them to enjoy them as I did with young eyes. The DSSD like the Sea Dweller due to thick crystal is one of the harder ones to read...

Sorry for off topic
Old 08-28-2016, 04:44 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts
Default m

Originally Posted by Catmagog
Porsche wont produce a car that cant compete. Makes no sense
mhh ... 991R

why are selling 991.1Gt3RS that good? because they are fast? ... more because they are cool, fancy and safe in value or even more.
car performance increased heavily no way that you can "compete" on the streets as long you drive with 10% responsibility in the back of the mind. how many of the around 6.000 991.1RS will see with their first owner a racetrack? i guess around 20%. not more. how many are regular on the track? maybe 5%.

they will bring the GT2RS for laptimes.

why Porsch is pumping out so many 991.1GT3RS? because their customers (we) were pissed off in 2015 when they didn't want to take our 200k$; and this ww around 4.000times. do the math with around 15% profit margin.
to expand the production needs i guess minimum 6month for pre-sheduling so there is a huge gap between action and reaction.
what you can sell today you have to sell today. you can't risk to move such a press of people two year into future in such fast times.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:12 PM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bccars
Dealer says they get allocations on .2 GT3, .2 GT3RS and GT2RS. NO GT2 allocations !
Yes,there's no GT2!
2 GT3RS starting December 2017 (one year production) and same time GT2RS (six months production)
And there's no 4000 or even more 1 GT3RS out there!
Old 08-28-2016, 05:18 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

my info which leads me to cca. 6.000 ww is based on OEM supplier level info where amounts where doubled in end of 2015. i guess ! it was not included also the 2nd production extention.

how to find out?
i guess best via OEM supplier level. i had just ones an accidential blat out possibility...
Old 08-28-2016, 05:40 PM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
my info which leads me to cca. 6.000 ww is based on OEM supplier level info where amounts where doubled in end of 2015. i guess ! it was not included also the 2nd production extention.

how to find out?
i guess best via OEM supplier level. i had just ones an accidential blat out possibility...
About 991 RS,it is not limited run by number but it is "limited run" by production time.How many cars will be produced we will know in October/November but it will be under 2500 worldwide.
For me my dealer told that this is the fact!
Old 08-29-2016, 04:35 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

i just picked up a new 991.1 RS; also have a 2017 C4S... the new 3.0 twin turbo has more ***** in lower revs vs. the RS; IMO, the new turbo motors are a game changer and Porsche would do well to put these in their GT cars sooner vs. later... the power is linear; but strong.. and lag is virtually non-existent... makes driving on street fun too.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:53 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
i just picked up a new 991.1 RS; also have a 2017 C4S... the new 3.0 twin turbo has more ***** in lower revs vs. the RS; IMO, the new turbo motors are a game changer and Porsche would do well to put these in their GT cars sooner vs. later... the power is linear; but strong.. and lag is virtually non-existent... makes driving on street fun too.
I test drove the C2S and i did not like it in comparison to the 991 GT3

It was fast but i did feel lag compared to the NA GT3 I am comparing it to my Gt3 with dundon headers though so maybe that is the didference. Also to me Gt3 feels more stiff and gives you a race car feeling, whereas the C2S is more comfortable and luxurious, so this is probably another reason why i liked the Gt3 more.

The C2S does have a lot of torque though especially when you push that button on the steering wheel.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:16 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
I test drove the C2S and i did not like it in comparison to the 991 GT3

It was fast but i did feel lag compared to the NA GT3 I am comparing it to my Gt3 with dundon headers though so maybe that is the didference. Also to me Gt3 feels more stiff and gives you a race car feeling, whereas the C2S is more comfortable and luxurious, so this is probably another reason why i liked the Gt3 more.

The C2S does have a lot of torque though especially when you push that button on the steering wheel.
Definitely would not change from GT3 to a C2S for track; but the C2S would be a better daily driver in terms of low-range power/torque and comfort.. but the new motor shows promise to raise the bar above the current performance level; what these N/A cars lack is low-end torque; with the turbos; if they can engineer to be linear with minimal lag; they will work great on track. Porsche has history of racing with turbo engines; i think it is a nice "next-step" before hybrid or full electric.

Last edited by Laguna_Dude; 08-29-2016 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Any info on 991.2 GT3 RS