Sponsored by:

Spyder at COTA

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 02:11 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spyder at COTA

I was finally able to take my Spyder to COTA yesterday. My prior experiences at that track were with the 991 GT3 and Alfa 4C.
I can't compare the GT3 to the Spyder as the GT3 is a track monster and the level of performance is oustanding all around. The power the shifting the handling. Just fantastic. But at my level I don't believe that I can explore its capabilities as I should.
The Spyder on the other hand is perfect for my level and skills. I have to say that I enjoyed the track a lot more. I felt more in control with the manual transmission. The car performed really well all around with no mods at all. The Pzeros did very well especially that we had occasional drizzle and the track was wet at times . Power is lacking when compared to more powerful cars but in the Ss/sweeper every single turn it was awesome.
The Alfa on the other hand was a big mistake and got rid of it in less than 4 months. Underwhelming all around. It turns heads but no laps.
Overall this last track experience was really enjoyable. if and when GT3.2 comes around I know for a fact that I will get it with manual transmission as good as the PDKs is. I feel that the fun factor which matters more to me than lap time (although I want to keep progressing and improve it)

Quick Reply: Spyder at COTA