Sponsored by:

265/35/20 & 325/30/20 mpsc2... Latest addition to stock gt3

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 03:26 AM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3
I went with 265 and 325.... But on 19" wheels.... Over PCCB's.

So far it's been a great set up. Even confirmed by a guy with thousands of laps on his 991 GT3!!
just wondering how your wheel barrels and calipers are holding up with the minimal clearance with the 19"...

Did you change the suspension settings at all with the switch to 19?

And have you run across anyone running 19 on an RS with PCCB and still using traction/stability control...
Old 06-23-2016, 03:43 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
I'm sure these aren't then, since I'm putting a non recommended width on a stock rim both front and rear.
Thanks for helping me understand, definitely not N spec.

Cheaper, better grip, I guaranty quicker time( which of course is a bs statement without proof...) and better ride quality....

But most importantly.... It looks kool!
Please give feedback after more miles. I've been running those widths on 19s for months, but avoided trying 265/325 combo on 20s since reading this feedback from last March here: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...nt-failed.html
Originally Posted by rm21
I'd seen a few posts implying this might be possible, and there are certainly folks running 265s in front with 19" wheels, but I wanted to let everybody know that 265s don't work on 20" wheels on a GT3. The tires fit, but unless you're willing to raise the car or run with massive camber, you will get rubbing when going over bumps or under heavy compression. Given that, I've got a set of nearly new MPSC2 265 fronts, heat cycled from tire rack, with < 50 miles. If any of you lucky RS owners want some discounted front tires, shoot me a PM.
TT
Old 06-23-2016, 04:14 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
Rears have kool lip that protects wheel from curbing
Originally Posted by Mike in CA
According to the Tire Rack listings, the 265x35's are available in N spec (because of the RS) but the 325x20's are not. Glen must not have gotten N spec unless he mixed front and rear.
I wonder if the rears are K or K1 spec (Ferrari) because of the curbing protector.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:56 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Tweed
Please give feedback after more miles. I've been running those widths on 19s for months, but avoided trying 265/325 combo on 20s since reading this feedback from last March here: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...nt-failed.html

TT
yes glen's info is interesting in contrast to the earlier attempt as shown by tom by rm21 in atlanta

glen, any issues after using the larger rolling diameters for a while? did u raise car to accommodate? any track use? my purpose (as would be case for most others) is to get 10-20 mm more front tire contact patch for improved front end grip at the track

Last edited by golfnutintib; 10-30-2016 at 10:36 PM. Reason: typo!!
Old 10-30-2016, 07:56 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
yes glen's info is interesting in contrast to the earlier attempt as shown by tom by rm21 in atlanta

glen, any issues after using the larger rolling diameters for a while? did u raise car to accommodate? any track use? my purpose (as would be case for most others) is to get 10-20 mm more front tire contact patch for improved from end grip at the track
No issues, works great. There is inner liner rub where the backside of the marker lights touch the liner. I bent those in and have been good to go. Car has @2 degree camber all around and is stock ride height. It's been tracked with the new rubber and all good.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:25 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They are Ferrari tires. K1 has curb protection.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:16 PM
rm21
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it amazing that they fit. It wasn't close on my GT3. I could barely make it to my race shop given they rubbed over the smallest bumps. Your ride height must be much higher than mine was. My race shop said I would ruin my whole setup if I kept them on, given I would have had to raise the car and give up a lot of camber adjustability. On the other hand, the 19" wheels work great with those widths and there are more tire options. BTW, the larger 20" sizes fit on the turbo or 4s due to the wider track so you can't really extrapolate from that setup. I'd be interested to see what kind of track times you are running given the other constraints this setup imposes.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rm21
I find it amazing that they fit. It wasn't close on my GT3. I could barely make it to my race shop given they rubbed over the smallest bumps. Your ride height must be much higher than mine was. My race shop said I would ruin my whole setup if I kept them on, given I would have had to raise the car and give up a lot of camber adjustability. On the other hand, the 19" wheels work great with those widths and there are more tire options. BTW, the larger 20" sizes fit on the turbo or 4s due to the wider track so you can't really extrapolate from that setup. I'd be interested to see what kind of track times you are running given the other constraints this setup imposes.
Just stock ride height w 2 Deg camber.
Seems fine on track.
Haven't found a gt3 I can't catch...
Don't take times though, actually never take times even when Racing.

​​Just use the 3 rules of racing.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Ive seen a few GT4's on track with the R7 Hoosiers sticking out of the car a lot, seeming impossible fit, but they worked.

Quick Reply: 265/35/20 & 325/30/20 mpsc2... Latest addition to stock gt3