Sponsored by:

Advice on purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 09:10 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by alaint101
RS IMO. It's far superior on track and doesn't get that much more attention than the 3. That's after owning both 991 variants over the past 2 years...

Not my experience at all. In my riviera blue GT3 the attention really wasn't much at all. In my lava orange RS it's more than an R8, and 458. This is likely because it's reasonably new to the streets and not many people have seen one yet. All very positive attention by the way.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:03 AM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxsar
If I decide to get a gt3 I'll wait and get one of the new 2018 models when they come out. My window of opportunity for getting a new toy should open in just over a week. I'm not sure I have the self control to wait for the 2018s, and I am reluctant to purchase a used gt3 at the prices I see them listed for.

The GT4 is an awesome alternative, but I would be coming from a 2012 tts. If I got one I would probably turn it into a dedicated track car.

I just saw where Mercedes plans to introduce a new AMG GT R on the 24th. It might be an interesting option if they've take enough weight out of the original GTS.
Off Topic: The reviews on that AMG GT R are coming out very positive. For an in the past the AMG variant did not make too much effort to reduce mass. But with the GT R AMG was really trying to hit for the fences to attrack Track Day usage by reducing weight considerably and really put together a Suspension setup that would make the car easier to adjust and drive.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:34 PM
MJK-PurpleRS
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GT3RS, enough said, no other car can give you the connection a Porsche does, well for me anyway!!!

Quick Reply: Advice on purchase