Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's learned from the German Cleaning Ladies at Le Mans ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 12:10 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
He has repeatedly remarked that he and the GT team read various fora.
Absolutely true; I know for a fact that he and some members of his team have perused this forum. But when I said he has better things to do, I was referring to your comment that he might amuse himself by engaging in misdirection....
Old 06-21-2016, 12:14 AM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could see a GT2 and RS maybe. Just more boost to get more power. They could make it just for the track only like the 993 GT2 Racer with internal lift post.

Ahh hell it probably will never happen.

Last edited by The New 911; 06-21-2016 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:43 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Absolutely true; I know for a fact that he and some members of his team have perused this forum. But when I said he has better things to do, I was referring to your comment that he might amuse himself by engaging in misdirection....
I wonder how much of his time is divided between:

Engineering
Marketing

He's a minor celebrity, at least within the small world of people who post on this website, buy GT products, car journalists, etc., so I'm sure he fields a lot of questions about what's coming next.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:00 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 423 Likes on 251 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Haku
So I wonder how much of this prediction or cleaning lady info by fxz may end up to be correct.

https://rennlist.com/forums/newreply...ply&p=12843984
nice picture

more
http://www.autogespot.it/porsche-991...ule/2016/06/22
Old 06-22-2016, 10:22 AM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in love with the Air Inlets on the side of the car. Porsche finally did it right. They haven't made an acceptable stylized inlet sine the 993 Turbo S. All the other's just reminded me of pure after thought via On The-Fly Garage Engineering.

Really hope they carry that over to the next turbo but I doubt they will do it on the 991.2. Maybe they will and for the first time Porsche will have an ***.3; just for the restyle on the scoop.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:27 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,760 Likes on 923 Posts

Clearly turbo, whatever it is, given all the additional intake/venting and exhausts.

Deeper chin spoiler plus flicks balance out additional rear downforce from diffuser, which looks to be part of the package.

Black calipers??
Attached Images   

Last edited by Nizer; 06-22-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:45 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Interesting shots on the new car. Definitely a big redesign on the front bumper/splitter/radiator openings compared to the current GT3/RS. There is a lot bigger opening for the center radiator/cooling area. The bigger section for the front splitter should create better aero and more downforce on the front end of the car. As for the rear I am not sure what is going on back there. They definitely have it disguised properly. Even the exhaust is a little bit of a mystery because the valves are closed in all the pictures of the rear. It is hard to see how the exhaust is functioning in the rear. I do still think it is a turbo because you can see the plumbing for the turbos underneath the car.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:27 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 408 Posts

Love the side inlets, moar wing(!), and exhaust spacing. All looks mean. Quick, deposit time! lol
Old 06-22-2016, 12:26 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

There's about to be a new sheriff in town. The numbers are going to be ridiculous.

997 GT2RS had a starting MSRP of $245K, this one will be significantly more, $275K+?
Old 06-22-2016, 12:42 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,987 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
There's about to be a new sheriff in town. The numbers are going to be ridiculous. 997 GT2RS had a starting MSRP of $245K, this one will be significantly more, $275K+?

Don't give auto gallery any ideas
Old 06-22-2016, 12:57 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,760 Likes on 923 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
There's about to be a new sheriff in town. The numbers are going to be ridiculous.

997 GT2RS had a starting MSRP of $245K, this one will be significantly more, $275K+?
But will it be enough to entice Savyboy back to the fold??
Old 06-22-2016, 12:58 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 340 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
But will it be enough to entice Savyboy back to the fold??
Savyboy is getting the R
Old 06-22-2016, 03:58 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 423 Likes on 251 Posts

more

https://passiondriving.de/2016/06/22...11-gt2-rs-991/
Old 06-22-2016, 04:31 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This bumper, without the tricky covers on the left and right where the canards are mounted, is the new 991.2 GT3 bumper!! Gives u an idea..
Old 06-22-2016, 05:46 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by karimgt3
This bumper, without the tricky covers on the left and right where the canards are mounted, is the new 991.2 GT3 bumper!! Gives u an idea..
I believe there is a distinction between this bumper (?GT2RS) and the ".2 GT3" spy shot bumper.

"GT2RS": vertical separation between centre and side front intakes

".2 GT3": angled separation between centre and side front intakes (Note it is inwards leaning like A, not outwards leaning like V on .1 GT3)

Also the two bumpers also appear to differ in width. The former is wider like the GT3 RS, the latter same width as the GT3.

While we're analyzing the photos and speculating, I'll take a stab at it too. IMV it appears the side indicator lamp is integrated into the bumper (not protruding along its lower edge like on the current RS), and below this where it is covered up, I suspect there is some new additional aero element. I'm guessing the canards/flics are temporary to produce the same downforce while this aero element is covered up (just like how they put in flics on the RS mules while the louvres were covered). Notice in this older mule below, they only covered a thinner strip in front of the wheel.

I wonder if it may look a bit like the Turbo sport design package (as seen on this other possible mule).

Or maybe a bit like the Speciale???

Next, I'm not sure what the side intakes will look like, but that they're covered up suggests they'll be different from the current RS/Turbo.

Also, the exhaust looks to be a fairly final form, but since the exhaust tips are spread more widely from the centre, I wonder if this leaves space where the centre muffler would have been to create an even better diffuser. Looks like they've covered up a section in the middle here, where perhaps a new diffuser element will sit (and may extend back from the "pan diffuser" that the 911R has, all the way back to the rear bumper??).

Clearly also the intercooler exhausts are covered up still, and I noticed the rear reflectors are placed higher than the Turbo, so maybe there is more room for a taller (larger) intercooler exhaust outlet.

They also have still retained the deck lid scoops making me wonder if these are for the engine. If so, maybe the side intakes are strictly for the intercoolers again (like on the Turbo). (So much for the ram air effect??)

Finally, I suspect they've redesigned the wing end plates (since they're also covered), and perhaps the wing uprights.

BTW, same guy is driving this mule as some of the older spy shots (see above). Anyone recognize him? A high level engineer maybe?

Quick Reply: What's learned from the German Cleaning Ladies at Le Mans ?