Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 05:23 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts
Default jo_ker goes fully naked! -- 991RS,PTS,CXX

Heidiho Colleagues,

iīm in heaven since a while. naked.

and this took me 15 freaking months to get up their.

Let me tell you the story: I organized already press-tickets for Genf 2015 - than my buddy who booked the flights was getting in troubles - and so i didnīt flew either...
Also cause nobody was able to tell us/me before if the 991RS will be presented or not - and RL i wasnīt into at this time.

Personal issues and the jobs kept me for 3 ongoing months busy - i decided in June 15 to buy one (based on financial possibilities resulting on the first view lines from this passage ). So i called dealers: 0% discount - i thought mamamia!! what is this!? I want to buy a new (btw: my first new) car and i have to pay listprice!? I called the second dealer, the third, the forth, - i recognized quickly i have to be lucky to be able to be allowed to pay MSRP + the case that i can be somehow below No.5 on their waiting list - and no dealer were able to assure me to get also finally a car after signatur. But all this game i was not really willing to play... good lord we are speaking about new car which is in production; for 200grand+ - and i canīt spend this money on a dream car as planed!? I heard and learned a lot during this searching period.

Suddenly a friend brought me together with a guy who is just living some minutes away from me and owns an 918. We were connected with each other (my friend said: just one or two zeros are missing on my bank account but we both have the same wavelength in terms of gearing/petrolhedonism). The guy was not planing to order an RS ... He said that he will do me a favour - on a gentleman agreement. at MSRP. Handshake. I thought iīm the luckiest boy on earth. I specified the RS: "Racecar-Cup-white", steel brakes, cage in white, sat nav. done. low price - cause this low MSRP would mean already: all in for me. But hey. Iīm young and i said to myself lets give a fu*k. If i would crash it and the insurance would not pay it - however - than lets start from zero again. no issue with that. and for what i would need all the fancy stuff!? I want to drive it like i stole it - best each day. Front lift? pah. front lip is 150€ and some scratches do not hurt...
This was in summer 15 - after each day thinking and waiting for it - sh*t happend and in end of 15 the agremment didnīt worked out - i should sign to keep it for 18month... but i know myself. young guy. want to experience a lot. changing cars a lot (keeping wife+kid instead - way better!) - real reason is that iīm not able to pull more than a couple of cars from the financial point. till now...
i was thinking about it two days but i was fair enough that i was not signing it (because such a paper about somebody own property would not be valid in front of the cord so or so...) but hey - he agreed to order it for me - i understand that "flippin" is not really accepted and he would have a name to lose against Porsche.

So:
9 months passed from the beginning.
6 months i was waiting for my own spect RS. i was thinking each day about it - and finally for nothing.
that hit me really hard. substantial.

but beginning of 2016 - a petrolhead friend called me (we are each months chatting ones and see each other several times per year in person). "Hey whats up? How is your RS doing!?" "yark, urk,... sh*t, cry. i told him the story" ... he said: "come over - i got one!" next day we were meeting and doing some miles. You all know for sure the feeling as soon you got behind the wheel of your dreamcar - a lot of pressure is released. an experience was made to think about. (perfect comparison if go clubbing in younger ages and there is that one girl... and finally you get it inline ... and pressure is released ...) so i fellt a lot lighter and happier this day.

Still in love. I need one... searching day to day... nothing really wanted to work out...

Some time later again a call from my buddy: "Hey, you still want an RS?" "What a question, do you plan to make fun at my expense?? :/" both laughed - he for joy + me in desperation.
"You want to have mine!?" "sry, wrong topic for jokes buddy..." "no. really!"
some personal reasons. nothing to worry... just no space, other cars, MT wanted, etc
so i was meeting again my "european AC" friend.

AND

HERE

IT

IS:

a PTS Maritime blue beauty
CXX 12 oīclock ring and calipers in silver (please do not ask the price of this - i could buy myself another E46M3 for the surcharge)
options
options
options

I do have to laugh each time as soon the PTS+CXX stuff and PRICE come in my mind. As some of you know iīm a chap who want to drive cars for what they were made for. I scratch them like going sideways - but just hitting the delineators on the side of the back roads based on medium skills. Hooning around, track and race them... so i have to laugh because the fluke have choosen this wonderfull unicorn RS for me - and of course i had to pay it incl. all the options. But it was working out somehow for me - and of course: i do like special things too. (but would never ever have ordered it like this)

GUUGUCK:

middle line: It was a really special story i was told with the CXX stuff. And I guess one of one world-wide. Eduardo and all you other RL/PTS/CXX fellas: Please do not take my car as hard example to push your Exclusive guys regarding the calipers... this would just put me and my buddy on top of the desks... but i guess PTS/CXX allocations ended so or so already for the 991RS.

lets proceed with pics

Old 06-19-2016, 05:33 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very smart. Enjoy!
Old 06-19-2016, 05:50 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

jo_ker, that is THE MOST AMAZING RS I have ever seen!!! Congratulations on getting a hold of it. You are obviously on cloud nine, and I am super stoked for you. What an incredibly rare and spectacular build! I think it is pretty much perfect!! Thanks for the story and pics!
Old 06-19-2016, 06:08 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Wow, that's a gorgeous RS...enjoy for many miles.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:11 AM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts

Love The color! Great spec too. Congrats!
Old 06-19-2016, 08:02 AM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Maritime is just beautiful! Congrats.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:23 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!

awesome car, nicely done
Old 06-19-2016, 08:27 AM
Banango
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations! Gorgeous colour. Gorgeous car. Great story. Enjoy in good health.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:44 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Nicely done.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:57 AM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

The car looks great.

Porsche sure is tough about caliper color. It makes PTS seem easy.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:05 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well you just have a one off RS, congrats. Love the story and of course the car. Happy it all worked out.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:15 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats, car looks great! I did hope that when you said naked in the title though it was going to be without carpet, glove box, center console etc from the factory
Old 06-19-2016, 09:28 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That is super special. Congrats! As someone who has asked to have calipers factory painted several times with -no- being the consistent answer, I am impressed. You should realize how crazy rare that is. Nicely played.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:54 AM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

beautiful RS congrats enjoy in good health
Old 06-19-2016, 10:00 AM
///Armin
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, nice spec! One of the nicest RS ever posted.